Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about it.

It's a lot of money regardless of what I'm getting which is my biggest hurdle. I love how it looks. It's the swamp thing model I grew up with....it's the end result I'm more considering than the path. Yesterday it was thought to be in excess of 1000$. Today 800$ is laughably high.

Everyone loved it until the chemistry was declared. So I'm wondering again why it matters to people? Again....hollow vinyl vs hollow poly....what's the difference?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Yeah great sculpt , we all agree on but the cost, too rich for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about it.

It's a lot of money regardless of what I'm getting which is my biggest hurdle. I love how it looks. It's the swamp thing model I grew up with....it's the end result I'm more considering than the path. Yesterday it was thought to be in excess of 1000$. Today 800$ is laughably high.

Everyone loved it until the chemistry was declared. So I'm wondering again why it matters to people? Again....hollow vinyl vs hollow poly....what's the difference?

Visit the Wolf Pred thread and get all your answers....

the "feel" of the product is important to me.

certain words pop to mind when I hear the word "statue"....and vinyl is not one of them.

When I think of vinyl, I think of the Kotobukiya ArtFX+ line. Those are nice detailed pieces, but they're also priced accordingly. No way is a 1/4 scale vinyl / PVC statue worth $800+ to me. I am a huge Swamp Thing fan, but I can't go for this at the current price. I would rather make an extra payment on my mortgage.

Don’t understand why they would do this after the predator fiasco-people like weight to their pieces, regardless of whether you really notice it or not. Especially for these prices, people don’t want something that’s light as a feather. Say what you will about prime one prices, at least their pieces have weight to them...it’s a shame because this looks amazing, just don’t know if I can do that price for a vinyl toy...

They had probably already made the decision to go the vinyl route on Swampy BEFORE all the backlash/fallout/pushback from the Wolf LSB hit.

Plus . . .

Because_Sideshow_99_meme.jpg

I don't know how to feel about this. I really wanted to PO this statue as I think the sculpt and the lumbering pose is great but I've fallen into the trap of wanting premium statues to have heft and be made of premium materials. Unconvinced vinyl will live up to that...sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how to feel about this. I really wanted to PO this statue as I think the sculpt and the lumbering pose is great but I've fallen into the trap of wanting premium statues to have heft and be made of premium materials. Unconvinced vinyl will live up to that...sigh.

I can almost guarantee that anyone getting this will be disappointed with the look, feel and "heft" of the piece.

Here's the stats from the (currently ongoing) Wolf LSB debacle - quantity covers a good 1/12 of the 750 edition size - so they have a TON of these left sitting in warehouses - and will for a LONG time - even if they drastically slash the $650 USD price.

Sadshow_Wolf_Predator_LSB_-_Combined_chart_v07.jpg

This piece looks amazing and I was originally sure I would be ordering one BUT the price is the main problem for me. I assumed this would be in line with the PF pricing (roughly $500 as the new standard). It would be easier to accept the material choice if this was say, $400-450.

I have no problem with the price,and perhaps vinyl bring better paint app and detail,and I even do not care about solid,but I still want a polystone statue,I like the feeling that holding a polystone statue,feeling cold,hard and little bit heavy,frankly.

Wow. Craziness. Sucks for SS since, as was said, this was very likely decided long ago.

I see price slashing not really an option for pieces that have already shipped since etheyd have to offer partial refunds to those who kept the item or risk future alienating their consumer.

I really love ST and the sculpt and size of this is awesome. But also effected is resale value. :( if (god forbid) I'd ever need to sell the piece for whatever reason....I may have a hard time doing that.

I had a brainwave pondering the days events on my way home from work in what you've all been saying. "Perception of value" is what I've neglected to consider. I feel you there.

Sad. SS nor P1 have the Swamp Thing I want. Not yet at any rate.

I like it, but at today's prices I'm not ordering anything before it ships unless I love it. I'll wait until there are in hand pics/ reviews with some honest opinions.

But....this makes an interesting question...why is hollow poly good but hollow vinyl an agresious sin? What's the difference from your shelf?

For me, it is the difference between what I consider a "statue" and what I consider a "toy". Again, this is just my view.

The sad thing is I was really considering this even at (what I believed) was going to be a hefty price of at least $1000. Now, there is no way I'm touching this. I'd rather spend the extra money and get the 1/3 Prime 1 Swamp Thing statue which is (in my books) a STATUE.

I will give them credit for telling us what the product is made of (although we all know this was probably a late minute addition due to the Predator fiasco).

They get credit for being upfront about it.

Other than that, good luck moving these. Keep your eyes peeled for some spooky savings on it during Spooktacular 2019.

Back