Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much would this weigh as poly? 70lbs? What are the chipping costs associated with that?
How likely to break are the tendrils and finer details in poly vs. Current medium?

I'm enuinely asking, I don't know these answers. Just trying to understand the decision and put myself in their shoes.

Anyone?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

How much would this weigh as poly? 70lbs? What are the chipping costs associated with that?
How likely to break are the tendrils and finer details in poly vs. Current medium?

I'm enuinely asking, I don't know these answers. Just trying to understand the decision and put myself in their shoes.

Anyone?

it would be cast thin if recent statues are any indication. so it would be maybe 15-20 lbs max.

the days of the first hulk statue are long gone.

I recently repaired a completely smashed hulk v wolverine maquette. That's hollow vinyl.

The weight would probably be irrelevant since UPS would charge you based on dimensional weight. It could be 6 pounds or 60 pounds and you will get charged the same price if the dimensions are large enough.

$800+ for PVC and vinyl???

source.gif

I swallowed $650 for my vinyl Wolf Pred Funko Pop...don't think I can do $820 for another one.

I DO appreciate that they were UP FRONT this time about what is made from what. Maybe you guys will get an actual art box and not a sold white 'Art' box for your $820.

Wow, this piece looks so amazing but I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend $800 or more on a hunk of plastic. Thankfully, I'm not a big Swampy fan so this announcement really doesn't impact me.

Wow, this piece looks so amazing but I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend $800 or more on a hunk of plastic. Thankfully, I'm not a big Swampy fan so this announcement really doesn't impact me.

Yeah just saw that ... the base is polystone ( more or less ) but the body is .... plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect. It's polystone. It even says so on their website that it's crafted in polystone.
Entirely possible that I am. My assumption was when I saw it and working with it wasn't poly. But I'm no chemist.

Entirely possible that I am. My assumption was when I saw it and working with it wasn't poly. But I'm no chemist.

But....this makes an interesting question...why is hollow poly good but hollow vinyl an agresious sin? What's the difference from your shelf?

Don’t understand why they would do this after the predator fiasco-people like weight to their pieces, regardless of whether you really notice it or not. Especially for these prices, people don’t want something that’s light as a feather. Say what you will about prime one prices, at least their pieces have weight to them...it’s a shame because this looks amazing, just don’t know if I can do that price for a vinyl toy...

But....this makes an interesting question...why is hollow poly good but hollow vinyl an agresious sin? What's the difference from your shelf?

I see what you are saying , but would you pay 800.00 for it?

I see what you are saying , but would you pay 800.00 for it?

I'm thinking about it.

It's a lot of money regardless of what I'm getting which is my biggest hurdle. I love how it looks. It's the swamp thing model I grew up with....it's the end result I'm more considering than the path. Yesterday it was thought to be in excess of 1000$. Today 800$ is laughably high.

Everyone loved it until the chemistry was declared. So I'm wondering again why it matters to people? Again....hollow vinyl vs hollow poly....what's the difference?

Do we know if it's going to be hollow vinyl?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back