Swamp Thing Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was interesting to see this show up on the latest Big Bang Theory episode. It was even part of the dialogue! Stuart may be a loser but his comic shop has some serious connections:lol

I thought it was interesting to see this show up on the latest Big Bang Theory episode. It was even part of the dialogue! Stuart may be a loser but his comic shop has some serious connections:lol

LOL! Yeah I notice that every time they show the shop. Lot’s of great busts and PFs

I just saw the ES annoucement of 250. That's pretty impressive. I wish I was more of a fan of the character. I loved the SDCC pics.

I think it's actually more depressing, than it is impressive.

:lol True.

As a collector item from Sideshow, it's going to be a rare one. That's how I was looking at it.

I agree though. It's a bit depressing, especially if you're a ST fan. I doubt you'll see another one from Sideshow.

They did the same with the Iron Giant piece that I have on order. Big nostaglia for me. The ES is super elite as well - I think 250 for the Ex. For me, I was happy at though. But yeah, they won't be making that one again either.

Last edited:
:lol True.

As a collector item from Sideshow, it's going to be a rare one. That's how I was looking at it.

I agree though. It's a bit depressing, especially if you're a ST fan. I doubt you'll see another one from Sideshow.

Even at those numbers it may still never sell out, as such not so 'rare' or rather it probably won't be hard to get it for those that truly want an expensive pvc piece.

But then again I guess there are individuals who don't care that it's pvc or might not even know that it's entirely pvc....until they get it in hand and return it.

I'm going to be in the minority here but the PVC thing doesn't both me in the slightest.

The Iron Giant piece that I mentioned (I edited my last post) is PVC as well. I get it's not polystone, but I don't know. It doesn't phase me as long as I'm content in-hand. I guess time will tell.

I'm going to be in the minority here but the PVC thing doesn't both me in the slightest.

The Iron Giant piece that I mentioned (I edited my last post) is PVC as well. I get it's not polystone, but I don't know. It doesn't phase me as long as I'm content in-hand. I guess time will tell.

Same. If better details can be achieved I'd like to see how this turns out first.

Hopefully IG ships soon, really wanting to see how that turned out. I didn't know that was pvc, I really don't care though...

Same. If better details can be achieved I'd like to see how this turns out first.

Hopefully IG ships soon, really wanting to see how that turned out. I didn't know that was pvc, I really don't care though...

The "better details" claim is a total lie from them.

Did you get their 1:2 scale Wolf Predator LSB?

This is the first time I saw The Big Bang Theory have a prototype on display in the background. Sheldon even had a few lines about it, too.

Maybe Sideshow sought the show's help to advertise?

26637907_10155162744176592_1902876972_n.jpg

26694118_10155162744181592_1232401109_n.jpg

So that's a no then? :).

Yes, I've read through that thread. But I stand by my previous post after collecting for as long as I have with over 10 years in manufacturing. I've collected high dollar vinyl/pvc figures in the past so that aspect doesn't bother me, it's just the high dollar amount in general for this hobby (and lack of space) that's killing it for me.

Last edited:

I should correct myself (after reviewing the IG thread again). Apparently, it's only been confirmed that the head is PVC. My memory recalled that Alex said the entire thing was PVC. The rest of the materials haven't been confirmed yet.

But I agree, I hope it does ship soon. I went through a phase where I was going to cancel. I'm not going to now.

I did buy the Wolf Predator bust. And I'm not at all surprised that this is selling poorly if it is to be made in the same manner. Plus in this case, people have a very good alternative option with the P1 version. So even those who desperately need a Swamp thing in their lives don't have to tolerate the PVC.

I'll wait for actual production/in-hand pics before I make a final decision . . .

At least you're smart enough to do this.

Sincerely hope that those folks who buy this ARE happy when they get it in-hand.

Those Wolf LSB stats (90% returns/cancellations) speak for themselves though - and I'm one of the poor sods that had THAT in-hand (it went back) :)

Back