SW VS. LOTR #6: Chewbacca VS. Gimli

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbacca VS. Gimli

• Chewbacca

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gimli

Votes: 46 51.7%

• Total voters
I have to think about this one. I can't vote on this without taking the time to think about it. I like both a lot. While Gimli does have much more fighting on screen he was also turned into a bit of a joke a times as well ( falling off a horse, having a warg fall on him taking him out of most of the fight, dwarf tossing jokes ).

On the other hand Chewie does not have a lot of fighting that he does other than shooting blasters.

While I like both characters a lot I have no idea who I am going to vote for yet.

It is said that Chewie rips people's arms out of their sockets, but I won't believe it until I see it. That said, both characters have rough exteriors which belie their soft interiors. Gimli seemed a little too "schtick" in some portions of the films, but over all, I have a greater fondness for the dwarf. The way he developed a friendship with Legolas was pretty cool.

I love the "ChEUbacca" Tom!!!:rotfl

Last edited:
Let's see.. a seven foot tall wookkiee, who is a sidekick to a pirate, mechanic and copilot of the Millennium Falcon, Lando chokin', stormtrooper chucking, wise cracking, galaxy savin' world renowned icon versus...what's a gimli? Oh yeah, if they fought uh, Chewie'd shoot him in his face.:chew

Seaward said:
It is said that Chewie rips people's arms out of their sockets, but I won't believe it until I see it.

He does it in the Lego Star Wars II Videogame :D

madden821 said:
He does it in the Lego Star Wars II Videogame :D

I am waiting until Lego SW II becomes a best seller title, and it will be mine. Can't wait to see little stormtrooper arms popped out of their sockets...:lol

Noooooo! First Han, now Chewie? Vote wookiee! Everybody knows him. Everybody likes him. Your mom LOVES him. People name their kids after him. Here in southern California I know at least 3 guys named Chewie.

After much internal debate, I had to go with the Wookie. It was a tough decision but he's just such a memorable character, even though he didn't do too much in the movies.

Back