SW 1/6th: Who is in that half?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
Q:You said in 2010 you were going to be doing more alien-type characters in the Star Wars universe and that you were developing other bodies for these figures in 12″ scale. I am so excited to hear that!!! That’s one thing that made Star Wars stand out is the aliens and unique characters. That being said, I just have a few ideas and please let us know if any are in the works or strong possibitilites: Max Rebo and his red ball organ, Sy Snoodles (old version), Droopy McCool, Amanaman, Ephant Mon, Hammerhead, Yak Face, Squid Head, Nute Gunray, and of course Chewbacca! Another I’d LOVE to see is a really well-crafted ROTJ Emperor with his throne, cane, lightning hands, and two portraits: calm and fierce!

A:Yes, at least half of the characters you mention have been fully designed and are likely to see development beginning in the near future.

From the latest edition of Ask Sideshow. Here we go again. Which are the ones that will be developed?

I would think that its the Emperor with his throne, the Max Rebo Band and Amanaman.:lol

Last edited:
Re: SW 1/6th: Which are that half?

Frankly anything on that list is enough to excit me.

Finally the year of aliens and creatures is here.:fest

Re: SW 1/6th: Who are in that half?

We need chewbacca, I know he's going to be tough to make but he's too main of a character to just not make. Come on Sideshow give us Chewie!

Re: SW 1/6th: Who are in that half?

Oona ootu, Sideshow?

greedo1.jpg

I'd be excited about Jabba's palace aliens if I had Jabba. I still might go for the Max Rebo Band, but I'm definitely in for any Cantina aliens, Chewbacca and the Emperor. Not so convinced that Chewie is on the way though.

Max Rebo Band (1983 version)! That would make me absolutely giddy. My Jabba setup NEEDS the band!

And Palps with the throne is a MUST!

Chewie is a LONG ways off, according to other Ask Sideshow Q&As, so I wouldn't count on him being one of the ones.

I would really like to see Palpatine with throne :D
And maybe even the window as Background (like they did with the "The Circle is now complete" Diorama)

So it'll be something like this :D
palpatine_throne.jpg

I'm sure the Emperor w/throne will be made... how could he not. Especially when an EU throw-away like Thrawn got one :lol

Greedo, and Chewbacca are must-haves. And from the rest I would guess the band and Ephont Man would be pretty unlikely. But I could see Amanaman, Squidface and even YakFace being interesting enough to make the cut at some point. I at least know I'd buy them.

Q:You said in 2010 you were going to be doing more alien-type characters in the Star Wars universe and that you were developing other bodies for these figures in 12″ scale. I am so excited to hear that!!! That’s one thing that made Star Wars stand out is the aliens and unique characters. That being said, I just have a few ideas and please let us know if any are in the works or strong possibitilites: Max Rebo and his red ball organ, Sy Snoodles (old version), Droopy McCool, Amanaman, Ephant Mon, Hammerhead, Yak Face, Squid Head, Nute Gunray, and of course Chewbacca! Another I’d LOVE to see is a really well-crafted ROTJ Emperor with his throne, cane, lightning hands, and two portraits: calm and fierce!

A:Yes, at least half of the characters you mention have been fully designed and are likely to see development beginning in the near future.

I would say the band is out. It's likely the Emperor/throne, Hammerhead, Squidhead, Yak Face and Nute.

From the same set of questions:

Q: Has Sideshow ever considered making a 1:4 scale Jabba the Hutt with a whole line of Premium Format characters to go with it to make a Jabba Scene? Like Premium Format Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, Oola, Max Rebo, Sy Snootles, Droopy McCool? If not a 1:4 Jabba, all the other characters mentioned would still be a nice addition as Premium Formats to any respectable Star Wars collection.

A: Yes, we’ve considered making Jabba himself in 1:4 scale, but we’re more likely to continue with his entourage in 1:6 scale than in 1:4 scale. There are some wonderful alien designs from Jabba’s palace that would make excellent PF candidates, but we’d be unlikely to go so far as Max Rebo’s band or any other BIG multi-piece collection in PF form.

From this, it seems to me that they are going to be trying to get back to Jabba's palace--probably even more so since the Han in Carbonite piece only really has Leia to go with it.

I'm betting SS will stay away from the Max Rebo band for now because the entire band would probably weigh in at $350+ with the organ and it seems risky to sell the trio individually.

So, of those left, I'm going to say one of either Yak Face or Squid Head and one of either Amanaman or Ephant Mon. That way, there is one on the prometheus and one that needs a new body. Because I don't think they'd go with a ton of Jabba's palace people, I'm betting we get Hammerhead and the Emperor as well.

So: I'm betting the Emperor, Yak Face, Hammerhead, Ephant Mon.

And I'm also betting that since I want Ephant Mon, they'll probably go with Squid Head since it'll be cheaper to produce.

Back