Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures of her are up on Statue Forum.... It looks like the production pictures SS posted few weeks ago.... I still think her smile looks dorky and I hate the hair.... otherwise it's a great statue, the body and outfit look awesome...

Pictures of her are up on Statue Forum.... It looks like the production pictures SS posted few weeks ago.... I still think her smile looks dorky and I hate the hair.... otherwise it's a great statue, the body and outfit look awesome...

I agree. I like the statue, but the head is disappointing (especially with how great their female head sculpts have been as of late). I'm getting it, but will be buying a new head sculpt as soon as someone makes one!

Well Ink is biased he always jumps on XM posts to bash their products but cant see any issues with SSC...so yeah their seems to be some lying there

That's what I think also. You have to be honest and not biased IMO.

There is a difference between lying and biased. Lying is the act of deception to say something you neither believe is true, and know is false. Biased mean you have a preference that doesn't allow you to be detached when viewing a piece of art, and usually ends up with you factoring a piece on principle not based on what your eyes tell you. Does ink have a bias towards Sideshow??? Well he is a moderator on the "sideshowcollectors" page; ummmm duh of course he loves their product. I bet he even has friends who work there. So I can't blame him for favouring them. Hell I am an SSC fanboy, and I will own that. However, there are just as many guys here biased towards XM as there are biased towards SSC. if this was an XM piece there would be a dozen guys falling all over themselves to praise it, and they would probably be going on and on about the new "space saving" base for her. In the end this piece isn't perfect, but I would say with a nice switchouts head she may be able to be a grail down the road.

in the end there are way to many ****ing puck bunnies in this hobby who can't judge a piece based on its merit. It is something I can usually do, even with SSC, but so many are just so scarred of making waves with certain companies that they don't dare say a unkind word as they are afraid the statue mafia will come and get them. Ink just isn't afraid to say how he feels.

There is a difference between lying and biased. Lying is the act of deception to say something you neither believe is true, and know is false. Biased mean you have a preference that doesn't allow you to be detached when viewing a piece of art, and usually ends up with you factoring a piece on principle not based on what your eyes tell you. Does ink have a bias towards Sideshow??? Well he is a moderator on the "sideshowcollectors" page; ummmm duh of course he loves their product. I bet he even has friends who work there. So I can't blame him for favouring them. Hell I am an SSC fanboy, and I will own that. However, there are just as many guys here biased towards XM as there are biased towards SSC. if this was an XM piece there would be a dozen guys falling all over themselves to praise it, and they would probably be going on and on about the new "space saving" base for her. In the end this piece isn't perfect, but I would say with a nice switchouts head she may be able to be a grail down the road.

in the end there are way to many ****ing puck bunnies in this hobby who can't judge a piece based on its merit. It is something I can usually do, even with SSC, but so many are just so scarred of making waves with certain companies that they don't dare say a unkind word as they are afraid the statue mafia will come and get them. Ink just isn't afraid to say how he feels.

...lol right....there is lying because you are biased as well. As a Mod for a Sideshow Forum I can understand the bias. But when the Mod is jumping on other company threads to just talk **** and to create a negative view towards them...it just creates a toxic environment where contributors get turned off on the fact a Mod is acting like a flaming Fanboy. He isnt afraid to push a certain agenda doesnt make him a hero it is actually quite the opposite. I admit I may be considered a XM fanboy, but I dont sit there claiming some of their less than stellar work is exceptional. I just watch the SSC Fanboys do their passive aggressive comments against XM, and its weak.

I do agree with you on one thing. This Supergirl could be considered a grail if the head sculpt is changed. Maybe something can be done with the base as well so it doesnt look like bodily waste. Dan is right, the body and costume is on point aside from the odd wave, but that isnt that bad in itself.

Nice edit...I already know you're selling POs through PMs

So any Moderator can go through peoples Private Messages on this forum? I can understand the owner of this website being able to, but that's pretty shady any mod can also....

If you are biased, you can not be fully honest. You already have an opinion set for the most part. If a juror is biased or a judge, they will be removed or recuse themselves. They are not necessarily lying, but most likely can't be totally honest and objective. INK you sometimes come across as a jerk. I know I am not the only one who thinks that. Everyones taste for a figure or statue is subjective, but sometimes you need to remove your fan boy goggles. SS missed the mark on this headsculpt for me. That's my opinion as is others. Others like her fine, but don't slam us who don't. Sales will be the final judge. We shall see if she ends up priced like MOS or Reeves on eBay down the line. No one is an expert, and some people need to stop acting like they are.

...lol right....there is lying because you are biased as well. As a Mod for a Sideshow Forum I can understand the bias. But when the Mod is jumping on other company threads to just talk **** and to create a negative view towards them...it just creates a toxic environment where contributors get turned off on the fact a Mod is acting like a flaming Fanboy. He isnt afraid to push a certain agenda doesnt make him a hero it is actually quite the opposite. I admit I may be considered a XM fanboy, but I dont sit there claiming some of their less than stellar work is exceptional. I just watch the SSC Fanboys do their passive aggressive comments against XM, and its weak.

I do agree with you on one thing. This Supergirl could be considered a grail if the head sculpt is changed. Maybe something can be done with the base as well so it doesnt look like bodily waste. Dan is right, the body and costume is on point aside from the odd wave, but that isnt that bad in itself.

Lol.... nothing passive aggressive about some of the comments aimed at fans of XM .... some of them are just damn aggressive...lol. However, Rarely is it aimed at the company, but at the fanboys instead. I am sorry Cali, but there were so many aggressive asshats fanboys around here some time ago, that a **** load of us just got tired of it. I don't attack the guys who run XM because they have actually been really nice to me. Heck one of them is a friend. What I don't like, and I never will, are the ubber militant fanboys and the almost black market nature of the business which both seem to surround them all the time. The ubber fanboys who use to be more prevalent here, but who have either migrated of their own accord or were asked to leave, use to be as belligerent as they come. Some were down right abusive and would stalk those they thought weren't begging for the approval of XM. A lot of good guys stopped posting as much here because they couldn't take the ********. Heck I don't post as much because of that time. It wasn't fun, and that sucked. It has thankfully cooled down, and except for the odd occasion, we don't need to worry about it as much, and that is nice.

As for ink, and he doesn't need me to make excuses for him, but he has always been consistent in how he has felt about XM, and his reasons are valid, but I don't see him making snarky comments in every single XM thread; especially in the ones that look great. Oh and I have seen him hold SSCs feet to the fire when they fall short which isn't something many XM fans are brave enough to do for fear of upsetting the ubbers.

If you are biased, you can not be fully honest. You already have an opinion set for the most part. If a juror is biased or a judge, they will be removed or recuse themselves. They are not necessarily lying, but most likely can't be totally honest and objective. INK you sometimes come across as a jerk. I know I am not the only one who thinks that. Everyones taste for a figure or statue is subjective, but sometimes you need to remove your fan boy goggles. SS missed the mark on this headsculpt for me. That's my opinion as is others. Others like her fine, but don't slam us who don't. Sales will be the final judge. We shall see if she ends up priced like MOS or Reeves on eBay down the line. No one is an expert, and some people need to stop acting like they are.

No see there you go again getting the terms messed up. I am biased towards Pepsi because I prefer it over Coke. I am not being dishonest in any way; not even a little bit. I am biased towards brunettes, because that is what I prefer. Again no dishonesty there. I can also admit that I am biased towards a Dale Keown or Marten Canale Hulk, while at the same time admiring a Jack Kirby, Andy B or Troy McDevitt Hulk for how awesome they look. However, I still will pick the Canale or Keown say 9 times out of 10. Though that may change in the future.

In the end I simply prefer good art, but I have a bias towards SSC because while sitting in a room with some of the best pieces both companies have produced, including the OG Hulk and Magneto, I found myself being drawn to the SSC pieces. Now I loved looking at the XM pieces, but I kept coming back to the SSC pieces and getting more and more excited about them. See that is a bias, a preference, but that doesn't make me a liar.... in fact it just makes me honest with my self.

As for the headsculpt on this one I am sure a custom will come, but we shall see if there is a real need

Good post, Spidey, Well said. :duff +1

Thank you good Sir

3082961165_1_128_s7U9zCuY.gif

I thought the 2 Canadian guys were gonna go at it, but I see it was an intelligent exchange with no obvious insults. It's always good to keep the peace and not take things personal here. My Supergirl is close-by so might be getting her tomorrow or Friday. The only observation that bothers me about this statue is that the print is all wrong. In the print she's flying around in the sky during daylight hours but the statue seems to be depicting her flying in space avoiding those black rocks. And to whom is she waving to? What am I missing here? :lol

She's one State away, hoping she arrives Friday instead of Monday. Usually when my deliveries are in the next state they arrive the next day so unless the hub's are backed up I think the estimated delivery will update sooner.

Back