Suggestions for Re-Energzing the Star Wars 1/6th Scale Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we just change the name of this thread to "They aren't getting to what I want fast enough"?

:exactly:
There are so many whiny threads here that basically should be retitled just that. People need to get over it. Star Wars is about everything Star Wars, not about the interests of one close-minded individual or small, niche group of collectors.

:exactly:
There are so many whiny threads here that basically should be retitled just that. People need to get over it. Star Wars is about everything Star Wars, not about the interests of one close-minded individual or small, niche group of collectors.

Actually Star Wars is about the interest of one close-minded individual. Nam..meet my friend George. It's his way or the highway.:rotfl

My suggestion would be to build a time machine, go back in time and
A) Stop the PT from ever being made.
B) Stop the oversaturation of the market with SW product.
C) Just becaue a character appeared in SW doesn't mean we need a figure of him.

A lot of SW merchandise burnout going on right now.

After seeing the stuff with "Star Wars" on it, I honestly don't think he could possibly be further from that label. :lol

I didn't say "closed-wallet", I said close-minded.:monkey3 George loves his Star Wars and he loves his money, but make no mistake, it's HIS. His dialog, his special effects, his approval of head sculpts, his version of the films, which is fine, but if HE thinks Greedo shoots first, Greedo shoots first (even if he didn't!). That's close minded to me. All that said, I'd love to have lunch with the guy.

I didn't say "closed-wallet", I said close-minded.:monkey3 George loves his Star Wars and he loves his money, but make no mistake, it's HIS. His dialog, his special effects, his approval of head sculpts, his version of the films, which is fine, but if HE thinks Greedo shoots first, Greedo shoots first (even if he didn't!). That's close minded to me. All that said, I'd love to have lunch with the guy.

And yet, despite that, he's, through Sideshow and other companies, still given us such awesome Star Wars stuff.

And yet, despite that, he's, through Sideshow and other companies, still given us such awesome Star Wars stuff.

True dat! That's why I'd love to meet him. Hell, I'd even pay for the lunch! Dude has enough of the rest of my money, what's another $40 bucks.

Sorry to the OP for taking this a slightly different direction.
In my best whitey Inigo Montoya accent "Lemme sum up":
George is the devil
George is good
George is rich
OT>PT (just being a pita:slap)
Patience is a virtue
Variety is good
SW fans are.....fickle
SW line alive and kicking, but could use minor tweaks

I think the prequels could have been much better with a better director. Lets face it, George was more wrapped up in coming up with digital filming and effects more so than making great movies.
If Dooku had been present as a disillusioned Jedi in TPM instead of appearing from no where.
Maybe a scene of Sidious watching a holocron of Plagueis talking about creating a child through the force..
I think the biggest problem with the PT is that it seems thrown together to quickly resolve plot issues, it definitely could have used the input of someone that would have challenged Lucas.
Now I think the clone wars have done a cool job showing the evolution of republic cruisers into star destroyers, the smaller ships as early forms of the OT ships etc.

Back