Suggestion requested: precise cutting tool for plastic? Like the Star Wars playsets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all - hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

I was wanting to take the Cloud City playset and use the steps to turn them into mini figure stands. I wondered if there is an easy to use cutting tool that is designed to cut plastic such as the kind used for these sets? Figured a dremel may end up being a tad rough.

Thanks in advance!

I was wanting to take the Cloud City playset and use the steps to turn them into mini figure stands. I wondered if there is an easy to use cutting tool that is designed to cut plastic such as the kind used for these sets? Figured a dremel may end up being a tad rough.

Thanks in advance!
Hi I see no one every replied the best plastic cutter you can buy is one of the ultrasonic cutters.
This is expensive but works like a dream , this is a video about it

Thanks in advance!

Hi I see no one replied to you , the ultrasonic cutters are the best by far . They are expensive but work well for sure .

Back