Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tho thenthitive!! :lol

lol...

Look, for some reason, it's become fashionable for some to picket for women superhero statues to look more like a Sex and the City co-star than Jessica Alba. Nothing against moms over 35, I just don't get the sense that this is what people generally want or envisioned for Sue. Ironically, fans against a more shapely Sue are probably more obsessed with "boobs" than any of those who appear less than thrilled with this statue.

No one said Sue should be half dressed. Whatever the case, when people think Sue Storm, this isn't what popped up in their minds. It made them think of moms. That's the reality.

P.S. I love my mom. :)

Last edited:
same here, but only because i'm not blown away by it and i don't HAVE to get it to complete a line, which will make it a lot easier to stay away from this Women of Marvel down the road.

pretty much the same reasons why i passed, don't love it, not part of an existing line (although im not a completeist) and do i really want to start a new women only line, im already getting AH! and Brooks stuff....kinda glad this line started off sucking :D

Sue Storm is a mother, not a teenager . . and her powers and abilities have nothing to do with strength or agility . . . Thank god sideshow didn't over sex this statue . . . believe me . . there will be plenty of booby girls to buy in other lines . . .

what kind of world are you from where that would not be considered an amazing rack, and a sexy, hot tight bod were she an actual person out walking around in public? Let me know cuz I wanna move there! :lol

Actually, I thought her breasts were a bit too big. :( Other than that, I'm fine with this. Ordered the exclusive, and I don't find it likely that I'll cancel it.

lol...

No one said Sue should be half dressed. Whatever the case, when people think Sue Storm, this isn't what popped up in their minds. It made them think of moms. That's the reality.

P.S. I love my mom. :)

Agreed! I think its confusing. I dont think this captures Sue Storm the right way. Sexy or not. She is a mother and married to Reed Richards and a sister to Johnny Storm. She is sexy but I think they were trying to hard and there is a Pamela Anderson feel to this.

F that Im not cancelling my EX Preorder. Its the first statue in a new line, also I get the feeling that the EX will include additional switch out hands or something extra. Im actually diggin the statue... I honestly dont see what the big deal is about Adam Hughes pieces... the Emma one is stella but the rest are meh imho...

Mark Brooks Scarlet Witch is the best female comiquette to date, with Emma in a close second. I HOPE Storm blows them all away.

F that Im not cancelling my EX Preorder. Its the first statue in a new line, also I get the feeling that the EX will include additional switch out hands or something extra. Im actually diggin the statue... I honestly dont see what the big deal is about Adam Hughes pieces... the Emma one is stella but the rest are meh imho...

Mark Brooks Scarlet Witch is the best female comiquette to date, with Emma in a close second. I HOPE Storm blows them all away.

Best female comiquette to date is Mystique. Hands down! Scarlet witch is good. Emma looks like a drag queen with two flattened volly balls attached to her chest IMO.

Also...if any character has the ability to "blow" others away...I guess it would be Storm :rotfl

doubt it since the EX have always been prints for the ladies lines.

Best female comiquette to date is Mystique. Hands down! Scarlet witch is good. Emma looks like a drag queen with two flattened volly balls attached to her chest IMO.

Also...if any character has the ability to "blow" others away...I guess it would be Storm :rotfl

it's a matter of taste, personally for myself most of the recent releases beat most of the earlier AH pieces just because of the attention to detail and instead of sculpting and painting one solid piece, they're now sculpting and paints many pieces which makes for the higher quality and detailed statues we're seeing now.

Why are people still guessing what the ex will be?
It's been revealed as being the print for a while now.

:dunno

Well for ightcrawler didn't they change the exclusive also they added quite a bit of extras for silver surfer

And Sues fist is clearly not flush with the rest of the statue

Well for ightcrawler didn't they change the exclusive also they added quite a bit of extras for silver surfer

The Surfer Ex. was always the same and as for Nightcrawler what did they change about him that wasn't there originally?

It's not uncommon for these statues to come in separate pieces. Scarlet Witch and Mystique both have arms that are not attached to their bodies, so I wouldn't count on an exclusive hand.

it's a matter of taste, personally for myself most of the recent releases beat most of the earlier AH pieces just because of the attention to detail and instead of sculpting and painting one solid piece, they're now sculpting and paints many pieces which makes for the higher quality and detailed statues we're seeing now.

The reason you like the recent AH! pieces more is simple. Tim Miller.
He sculpted them. That man has mad skills.:clap

Back