Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
switch out arm and some lego parts.

after my last post, i found more defects:

scratches on the broken arm...
01-13.jpg

on the shoulder..
02-16.jpg

charms on the gun and the gun's hammer broken...
03-15.jpg

straps broken into many pieces with some missing...
04-13.jpg

Sorry to see that your Baby doll arrived with some broken parts.:(

I think that I´m not going to sleep well until I recieve mine in perfect condition.:google

Haven't entered to the board for a long time.
I read yesterday that Blondie is now ready for PO ! you guys must be very happy now :lol she looks pretty hot on the pics.. I really do not like the character but well.

I'm only left to get my Sweet Pea and Rocket :drool:

Just a question, Is the gun handle from the Japanese Varian painted that way? Or maybe the macro photo makes it less cool. Doesn't look good to me :/

Sorry to hear that you Bdoll came broken cr' .. Where did you get her?

You may try these kind of pencils (dry pastel):
View attachment 42199

The only downside fixing colors with dry pastels is that they never fix forever. You can remove it if you touch it. (But not really a downside if you make things worse :D)
tx for the tip. i might try that.

:gah:
Arggg!! I got my amber today which i was super psyched about only to discover that her head was clean broken off! I ordered through amazon so it's going right back for a replacement...I hope the next one is flawless...
sorry to hear that. with so many amber being broken, the es now has to be close to matching baby doll's.

That sucks that your Babydoll arrived messed up, Cr', but it does look good in your pics next to Neytiri.

Like Sarakawa said...as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
i'm not happy, but what could i do? i'm still waiting for the seller's response.

I read yesterday that Blondie is now ready for PO ! you guys must be very happy now :lol she looks pretty hot on the pics.. I really do not like the character but well.

Just a question, Is the gun handle from the Japanese Varian painted that way? Or maybe the macro photo makes it less cool. Doesn't look good to me :/

yeah the gun handle was painted like that. looks bad when magnified, but in person it's hardly worth a bother. got it from a seller in japan through a proxy.

sweetpea always look great, expect for the face. i badmouthed the face sculpt a lot, but finally succumbed and ordered her anyway. only baby and sweetpea is enough for me. cant afford them all.

I'm wondering if Gentle Giant feels confident enough in continuing to release new Sucker Punch product does that mean HT may still go ahead and produce other characters in their line?
Regardless of how people felt about the content of the movie it certainly was eye candy.

I'm wondering if Gentle Giant feels confident enough in continuing to release new Sucker Punch product does that mean HT may still go ahead and produce other characters in their line?
Regardless of how people felt about the content of the movie it certainly was eye candy.

That's a good question. The statue line will prob end up being more popular than the hot toys line IMO. I guess it remains to be seen if the hot toys line will be successful enough to release further characters.

How could you not like vanessa hudgens???! I just love her! she'll actually make me pony up the money to get them all except for the zombie soldier. Guaranteed though he will be the lowest ES!

great risk to the statue, but really awesome pics!

I think I will add some fake snow to my display...just for the holidays :)

And some good news, just got my 4th replacement of AMber yesterday and she arrived in perfect condition :) Long and annoying process to get one that was suitable, but well worth it.

Hey congrats Spazzy. :clap:yess: Where did you get the other ones from?

I originally ordered it with Babydoll from Entertainment Earth at $250,there was a sale buy one get one 1/2 off, I was afraid they were going to charge me the difference on BD which I got for $125 when I returned Amber (had chips of paint on the collar) but they were very nice about it, they didn't have anymore in stock, so refunded me the $$. I then went to BBTS which is usually very good asked them to check the statue this sold at $225, received it and had a chipped pant leg zipper and an indent in the stomach area, so they replaced it with another, again I asked them to check it, and when arrived had an oily stain on the right leg (green part) would not come off, they did not want to exchange for another and said they don't think they will be able to find a suitable Amber, I am not asking for much lol :dunno So they refunded the amount, and I got it at amazon for $183 shipped, did NOT ask to have it checked and came in perfect condition.

That is some absolutely terrible luck with Amber but at least it all worked out!

Darth Snoopy : Great shots. :)

Back