Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first time I have seen this, WOW. Now I must own one. I guess I will have to go to EvilBay, BBTS is all sold out now.

Guys I just saw the movie Sucker Punch and couldn't believe how awful it was :( I place it at the same level as Showgirls :slap

Showgirls was tasteless. Sucker Punch was great, until the ending.

If only Snyder came up with an alternate ending.

Showgirls was tasteless. Sucker Punch was great, until the ending.

If only Snyder came up with an alternate ending.

That was not the ending Zack first wanted.

SPOILERS*

The original ending was a scene where all the (dead) girls where singin' all together on a stage " O-O-H, CHILD ". WB didn't liked it, was too weird and "bizarro". So he had to do that cliché ending with Sweet Pea talking and bla bla.

Zack said he didn't put that end scene on the extended blu ray because it wasn't edited, and had no money for it or whatever.
I was really hoping he was going to edit it for the Blu ray edition.
But as the Blu-ray edition is an EXTENDED CUT, not DIRECTOR'S CUT, with the eliminated scenes that they had to take down cuz of time terms or just beacuse they were unnecesary or too obvious for the story. He said that in a upcoming future, he would edit that scene and make a DIRECTOR'S CUT with the original ending.

Here's an article:

THE ORIGINAL ENDING TO SUCKER PUNCH

I’m curious, if you don’t mind talking about it, what was the originally shot and intended ending?
The very first ending I wrote the order was: Babydoll was being lobotomized, she got chained in the basement, Sweet Pea escapes – well, let me back up. There’s a scene you’ll see on the Director’s Cut with Jon Hamm. When Jon Hamm arrives as the High Roller – and we took this scene out because of the MPAA – when that guy punches Babydoll in the face, she wakes up in the High Roller’s suite. He basically makes a deal with her that if she gives herself to him, and willingly and not against her will, then he’ll give her freedom and get [her] out of that place. He’ll make it so that Blue will never touch her and she’ll be free. She’s seduced by that concept, and right when they go to kiss each other, that’s her being lobotomized. When they kiss, it’s her being lobotomized.
The very end of the movie was: you see Sweet Pea steal a dress from a clothesline, then after she’s lobotomized and Blue says, “Do you remember me? Take her downstairs,” and then you see Sweet Pea getting on the bus, then after her getting on the bus, it cuts back to Babydoll in the basement and that whole scene happens of the cops taking him away. When he shines the flashlight on her, she gets up, and the camera dollies in on her and then goes around her head – and you see that she’s on a stage in the theater and she signs “O-o-h Child” at the very end. After that, all the dead girls come out and they sing together, then the curtain closes. That’s the end.
Why was that cut?
We tested it, and people just did not know how to… I don’t know. I thought it was awesome, personally. Maybe there’s a cult version of it that’ll exist that I can put together sometime [Laughs], but for a mass audience, it just played as this super culty, bizarro ending. I love it, personally. I could tell that people just didn’t know how to take it, though.

I hope we get the original ending on the DVD at least...though I don't think we'll be getting the "cult version" anytime soon:

Would you say the Director’s Cut is that fuller, crazier version?
It’s fuller, but it’s not all the way.
What’s missing to make it ‘all the way’?
It doesn’t have the “O-o-h Child” ending.
Why can’t that be put back in?
It’s just money and everything. The effects were never finished. If the movie is successful, I would absolutely go back and do it for sure.

I personally, liked more the original ending. You get better the fact that she was free by alterning her actual situation after being lobotomiced and what was happening to sweet pea (the strongest part of her) in her mind, you see sweet pea getting free and then you get that's all, she is free. After that she closes her eyes and the camera goes all around and you go inside her mind all over again like in her pasts fantasies and the girls are all alive and happy and etc. She is free. The end. Lol

Last edited:
Ahh . . .so this is Synder's Brazil then.

Personally I don't care for the lobotomy ending, either way. I would have wanted her to use her skills, escape, kill her step-dad and move elsewhere. Everyone who saw that movie asked the same question: was justice served to her step dad.

Ahh . . .so this is Synder's Brazil then.

Personally I don't care for the lobotomy ending, either way. I would have wanted her to use her skills, escape, kill her step-dad and move elsewhere. Everyone who saw that movie asked the same question: was justice served to her step dad.

:dunno

It was her story not her step dad's. But it obvious that if blue was busted, her step dad too. It's up to you, the story does not change itself. :hi5:

:dunno

It was her story not her step dad's. But it obvious that if blue was busted, her step dad too. It's up to you, the story does not change itself. :hi5:

I agree.

If you follow the chain of events...since Blue was busted by the cops he more than likely he outted out Babydoll's stepfather to the police.

At least that's the way I see it. :D

One more day and babydoll is here! :yess:

I agree.

If you follow the chain of events...since Blue was busted by the cops he more than likely he outted out Babydoll's stepfather to the police.

At least that's the way I see it. :D

One more day and babydoll is here! :yess:

Wanna see it so bad Snoops ! Congrats about that ! I still don't know where to put mine :lol I think i'm going to do a "special" shelf for her ro whatever.

Puts some pics when you get BD !

congrats guys, and gals! looks really beautiful. still dont care about the film though. ordered my babydoll from preview(the comic shops catalog), and to this day i still dont know whether i'll receive mine. :(

anyone have had experience with preview?

congrats guys, and gals! looks really beautiful. still dont care about the film though. ordered my babydoll from preview(the comic shops catalog), and to this day i still dont know whether i'll receive mine. :(

anyone have had experience with preview?

Diamond Comic Distributors (Previews) may have been one of the first to get allocated.

I hate to say it but I your chances are slim...but you never know. Unless your LCS tells you no dice, keep the faith.

Best of luck to you.

Diamond Comic Distributors (Previews) may have been one of the first to get allocated.

I hate to say it but I your chances are slim...but you never know. Unless your LCS tells you no dice, keep the faith.

Best of luck to you.
thx. i'm keeping the faith, but as more days passed and more pics littered this forum with no news from my store... :(

a really gorgeous piece. congrats again, all.

Back