Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all for this... but why do Gouken and Akuma look NOTHING like the characters?

That pisses me off.

They haven't revealed the older, dark hadou version of Akuma yet, but a reviewer who screened the movie said it was dead on and even more accurate than he looked in Street Fighter Legacy (below):

They definitely know what they're doing costume-wise, as proven in this video for SF Legacy:

Street Fighter Legacy Akuma, Ryu, and Ken:

Akuma_studio_back-r-small.jpg

_D6M3072a.jpg

Street-Fighter-Legacy-short-film-movie-image-5.jpg

Street-Fighter-Legacy-short-film-movie-image-4.jpg

street-fighter-legacy.jpg

ken.jpeg

Last edited:
As for Gouken, I somewhat agree, but I'm willing to overlook it. Gouken's aesthetic is an amalgam of several different designs he's had behind the scenes over the years since he was never officially introduced until Akuma's ending in the first Alpha and playable in SF4:

Animated movie Street Fighter Generations Gouken Design:

image.axd

29_assassinsfist07.jpg

Old_Gouken_generations_movie.png

street-fighter-assassins-fist-gouken-sensei-2.jpg

This is the Bengus Gouken Street Fighter Alpha design:
1503397_10202915874957190_985693293_n.jpg

gouken-sfa-sketch.png

Gouken_alpha_movie.png

street+fighter+assassins+fist.jpg

Last edited:
Even Goutetsu's look has been a mystery (Gouken and Akuma's sensei). The only time we ever got to see him officially was in Akuma's Street Fighter Alpha ending alongside Gouken (and Bison):
goutetu.png

Goutetsu.JPG

Fan art of Goutetsu based on the Bengus art:
Goutetsu_by_ncrow.jpg

street_fighter_origins___goutetsu_by_alan_mcmillian-d5lr2xs.png

Animated movie Street Fighter Generations Goutetsu seems to be the look they're going with:

Goutetsu_generations_movie.png

Goutetsu-Street-Fighter-Assassins-Fist.jpg

index.jpg

Street-Fighter-Assassin-s-Fist-3.jpg

Gouken_and_Master_Goutetsu.png

Last edited:
They need to pump steroids into these guys to look like the game version character...

Even Goutetsu's look has been a mystery (Gouken and Akuma's sensei). The only time we ever got to see him officially was in Akuma's Street Fighter Alpha ending alongside Gouken (and Bison):
goutetu.png

Goutetsu.JPG

Fan art of Goutetsu based on the Bengus art:
Goutetsu_by_ncrow.jpg

street_fighter_origins___goutetsu_by_alan_mcmillian-d5lr2xs.png

Animated movie Street Fighter Generations Goutetsu seems to be the look they're going with:

Goutetsu_generations_movie.png

Goutetsu-Street-Fighter-Assassins-Fist.jpg

index.jpg

Street-Fighter-Assassin-s-Fist-3.jpg

Gouken_and_Master_Goutetsu.png

If I didn't know better I would think this was your film you seem to have a answer for everything.

I'm all for this... but why do Gouken and Akuma look NOTHING like the characters?

That pisses me off.

Why do they have to? I think from the screen-shots it looks like a great "in-spirit" representation.

We only have the screenshot of Young Gouki/Akuma so we don't know what his full "Dark Hadou" Akuma will look like (but if you read cast, you'll notice the co-director Joey Ansah is playing that role and he's jacked. Watch the prep video).

The older Gouken looks fine. Does he need to be a 'roided out old guy?

my only gripe at this stage is, where the **** are the chicks? chun li at least. :lol

Chun-Li had her own Street Fighter movie recently. :lol

Let's see a REAL Street Fighter focusing on the TRUE heroes. :rock

Last edited:
They haven't revealed the older, dark hadou version of Akuma yet, but a reviewer who screened the movie said it was dead on and even more accurate than he looked in Street Fighter Legacy (below):

They definitely know what they're doing costume-wise, as proven in this video for SF Legacy:

Street Fighter Legacy Akuma, Ryu, and Ken:

Akuma_studio_back-r-small.jpg

_D6M3072a.jpg

Street-Fighter-Legacy-short-film-movie-image-5.jpg

Street-Fighter-Legacy-short-film-movie-image-4.jpg

street-fighter-legacy.jpg

Street-Fighter-Legacy-short-film-movie-image-1-399x600.jpg

Not diggin the hair and nose on Akuma. But then again, how would one represent him accurately? It's such a hard thing to do. Just like how X-Men got rid of all the costumes in their movies.
And I agree with the previous post.....need more roids! Haha

my only gripe at this stage is, where the **** are the chicks? chun li at least. :lol
so no girls in the movie?

Hyunri Lee is playing Sayaka, who is Goutetsu's niece and Young Akuma's love interest. In the non-canon Street Fighter Alpha: Generations movie, it was heavily implied she was Ryu's mother and Akuma Ryu's father.

Hyunri-p1.jpg

Street-Fighter-Assassins-Fist-6.jpg

29_assassinsfist01.jpg

If I didn't know better I would think this was your film you seem to have a answer for everything.

I'm a huge Street Fighter fan is all, I know almost everything about the series :lol

Not diggin the hair and nose on Akuma. But then again, how would one represent him accurately? It's such a hard thing to do. Just like how X-Men got rid of all the costumes in their movies.
And I agree with the previous post.....need more roids! Haha

As I mentioned, he'll supposedly look more accurate and generally better in the actual web series, according to a reviewer who was lucky enough to see the completed product. SF Legacy was just a quick thing they did.

Last edited:
They need to pump steroids into these guys to look like the game version character...

In the 30 minute Q&A I posted, the same question is asked and even Joey Ansah hates the Street Fighter IV designs and how 'roided out and over-exaggerated the proportions are on everyone. Most of the designs are based on the Alpha artworks:

sf018street-fighter-alpha-ryu-and-ken-posters-copy.jpg

ryu-street-fighter-alpha-3-picture.png
ken-masters-street-fighter-alpha-3-picture.png

StreetFighterAlpha2-RyuAkumaKen.jpg

1888741_593192430762538_1473752870_n.jpg

Street-Fighter-Alpha-Ryu-and-Ken-Posters.jpg

Last edited:
Also, canon story of how Ryu gets the red headband from Ken's ending in Street Fighter Alpha 2:

New video! You can spot a few sneak peeks, like Joey as Akuma with a more realistic wig than the one in Legacy:

New Teaser and images released today! Admittedly, I find the teaser lacking. I was hoping for a full on trailer to be honest, which apparently won't be coming until sometime later, rumored to be May.

1925136_10150367367084987_283315812_n.jpg

1669853_10150367296594987_1770219399_o.jpg

1966108_602177566530691_1121687722_o.jpg

10010565_602036099878171_2024404138_o.jpg

Looks pretty badass. :lol Can't wait. I'll enjoy this more so than that mortal combat web series.

Anybody remember this?

Back