Storm Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not necessarily. Could have broke due to poor packaging. Black Widow had a lot of broken legs due to poor packaging. That would be Sideshows fault.

Yes, it COULD have. But his post was very overly dramatic and essentially blamed Sideshow for her hair strand coming broken. I just offered up a different point of view, that it could have been customs or the shipping carrier.

I agree with Northern on this one. This is a quality solid statue. Even the poly feels heavier and of better quality then say Rogue. The fact that the hair broke on mine is just a freak occurance and I bet one of the only ones.

SS has already replied and will send out a replacement head soon. I'm happy, :) Absolutely beautiful statue.

Awesome! I'm so glad you are getting a replacement! :clap

Yes, it COULD have. But his post was very overly dramatic and essentially blamed Sideshow for her hair strand coming broken. I just offered up a different point of view, that it could have been customs or the shipping carrier.

True, however I personally have had 3 items in a row now that have had breaks. Kind of hard to blame the shipping carrier in 3 separate statues. I can understand the frustration the OP must have. We pay for our items on Sideshow's terms without negotiation, it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect something issue free.

I get what you're saying, but in this case, Fremen (the original poster) agreed with my opinion in that it easily could have been any number of reasons for the breakage. So, there's really no reason to discuss it further.

She's getting a replacement, and at the end of the day, that's what matters. :)

Okay I am eating crow. From seeing the in hand picks she came out better than I thought.
Anyway congrats to all of you who ordered. She looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to see more pics.

Here's my Storm. Her EX hair came broken...of course...:(

15CA23A6-DF8E-4554-9E9B-57D821E38B4F-25981-00002FA02D88791B_zps6760e3de.jpg

9F833A17-8EA1-4826-A578-BCE8C9F51851-25981-00002FA0382D38D2_zps5f25ef55.jpg

Broken hair aside (sorry for that), those faces look gorgeous. Much better than expected. EX is a must IMo.

The EX head is very nice. The reg head, seems like she is snoozing off somewhere.

Storm is here

Maybe it's just my expectations, but her paint app seems a little sloppy

IMG_0899_zps11a25f61.jpg

Have some white residue that doesn't brush off as well... wondering if an eraser will do the trick

IMG_0901_zps8dbf18fd.jpg

Overall beautiful statue though

IMG_0911_zps567ac900.jpg

I've been saving a spot next to Scott for her. Two leaders of the X-Men together.

IMG_0923_zps03040258.jpg

Decided to try the panorama function on my phone

IMG_0926_zps39333b26.jpg

I don't know if I want to get a replacement ... it doesn't detract too much from the overall visual appeal of the statue. And lately SS customer service has been less than professional (not being very helpful with my Hawkeye replacement). Do others have similar slop?

Like ur panorama pic bro congrats, they look good together, cant wait to get her. see ur missing the cajun :(

Thank you!

Yea... I never really warmed up to Gambit as a character. Awesome statue though. I might get him one day, if they ever make Phoenix.

That sucks. I don't have the option of having Sideshow replace my stuff if ever they come broken because I live all the way in Manila, and I get the statues months after.

(Some) People could always pin (& glue) the 2 parts together, putty any seams, and air-brush the area, good-as-new

Not a fan of the x bases not matching. How hard is it to have some sort of vision or consistency across the whole line? :thud:

Not a fan of the x bases not matching. How hard is it to have some sort of vision or consistency across the whole line? :thud:

yea, SSC had been all over the place for the bases. There is some reasoning behind a couple of them though. wolverine was meant to go with sabertooth so they have matching bases i believe. storm is meant to go with black panther so this isnt the official x-men version. as for cyclops, i have no idea why he isnt on an x-base. i guess with the pose they went with, it would have been difficult to put him on an x-base. i hope they make a new wolverine on an x-base.

Back