Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kung Lao maybe. Although they'd have to do Liu first. It's only logical.

Then again they might want to keep the Ninja theme going and do them before getting into the main heroes.

Yeah, Liu Kang would be the next logical step, I think, as we need some heroes at this juncture. I really hope they avoid spamming the ninjas, though. Even though they each come with unique accessories, they're still practically repaints with slight variations. My money's on Raiden and/or Liu Kang as their next release.

Who would you like to see next?

Yeah, Liu Kang would be the next logical step, I think, as we need some heroes at this juncture. I really hope they avoid spamming the ninjas, though. Even though they each come with unique accessories, they're still practically repaints with slight variations. My money's on Raiden and/or Liu Kang as their next release.

Who would you like to see next?

Not sure. I'd like to see a Raiden. I haven't PO'd these yet, but I intend to. I hate the bulky proportions and the wrong color on SZ, but eh they're still pretty nice.

I wonder if they would extend these to MKIII. There's some good designs in there as well, especially maskless SZ.

Not sure. I'd like to see a Raiden. I haven't PO'd these yet, but I intend to. I hate the bulky proportions and the wrong color on SZ, but eh they're still pretty nice.

I wonder if they would extend these to MKIII. There's some good designs in there as well, especially maskless SZ.

The proportions look alright to me, but you're definitely right about Sub-Zero's colour inaccuracy. Seldom is a figure perfect, though.

I'd love to see unmasked Sub-Zero from MK3, and if they do explore that game then Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke are a must. :pray:

Wasn't Goro shown at one point?

Goro was shown, so was Shao Kahn if I remember right. They gotta do all the Ninjas, but all in a row would be fatiguing and boring. The main three are enough for now. We still need Noob Saibot and Smoke.

Agreed -- more ninjas could come at the expense of interest in this line for many. Like I said, a couple of heroes would be welcome at this point.

Shao Kahn would be epic, especially if they included the throne he was shown with.

I was reading through this thread and what Plisskin said about Sub-Zero's eyes being inaccurate to the in-game model started to bug me. Now I can't unsee it. I can get past the darker colour and even the cartoonish proportions, but in light of all of the inaccuracies I'm considering cancelling my preorders. Scorpion looks great but, unless he's got someone to fight, I'd rather go without any at all.

Maybe I'll wait until Storm releases more characters. :gah:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. He doesn't have irises/pupils... when clearly in both MKI and II he's got them :dunno

qgIrFnw.jpg

TBqjr9X.jpg

Yeah, Scorpion doesn't have pupils because he's dead.

Well, at the end of the day they're not verbatim representations of a single version, they're a mish mash of classic designs, so it doesn't bother me that he doesn't have pupils, the darker colors for reptile and sub-zero bother me a little more, but still, not too much.

Well, at the end of the day they're not verbatim representations of a single version, they're a mish mash of classic designs, so it doesn't bother me that he doesn't have pupils, the darker colors for reptile and sub-zero bother me a little more, but still, not too much.

The yellow looks pretty bright in hand. I don't have Zero yet, so I don't know what it looks like.

Oh no, Scorpion has an alright color, yeah the yellow is nice and bright, I was talking about Sub Zero and Reptile.

So you have Scorpion? Damn thing hasn't been restocked yet on BBTS, I'm only waiting for that one to ship my loot.

I've come to view the figures in that way as well, and any reservations I had where preordering is concerned have been extinguished.

I'm just waiting for BBTS to restock. Can't wait! :yess:

I've got the three ninjas on PO but they really need to make another character here. I would've much rather them get to someone else and then go back to Reptile instead of their first 3 releases be the same mold.

Anyone have the Mezco Raiden? He's not too expensive on BBTS and I was thinking of getting him just to have someone else. Didn't know if they would look ok together.

They're taking forever :gah:

According to BBTS, Scorpion is expected this month but Sub-Zero will be available "2nd quarter 2017." I hope that doesn't mean that I'll be waiting long for Sub-Zero, if at all, after Scorpion is restocked. I won't ship my Pile of Loot until they're available and paid for, and I'm eager.

May's almost over so hopefully they'll be available soon.

Scorpion was due since March IIRC? Whenever the month passes and a product due that month didn't arrive it automatically changes to the current month.

Edit: Yeah it was due since March, I sent them an email in March to know if they would get it that month so I could have funds ready.

Last edited:
Maybe they've encountered issues manufacturing or distributing the figures. Weren't there similar issues surrounding the release of Ryu?

Maybe they've encountered issues manufacturing or distributing the figures. Weren't there similar issues surrounding the release of Ryu?

Oh there were? I didn't know that.

This long delay worries me, I hope we don't get a subpar re-release with bad QC or something compared to the first release.

I could be wrong but I think folks were waiting a while for their Ryus.

That's my concern as well. Judging by the reviews I've seen, the first releases were outstanding. I hope the re-releases follow suit.

Yup, there was a dude who was pretty close to the Storm guys but he hasn't dropped by for a while, I might just ask them directly on their FB.

Back