Star Wars PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocktonix

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So I had avoided PF's in the past, largely due to cost, but I recently purchased my first during spooktacular (SSE Dracula arrives today). So why not go ahead and get the Star Wars PFs as well. I pre ordered Boba Fett from BBTS and am thinking I may pick up Leia first since she seems to be the least costly. So what is she going for? I've seen offers for $200 shipped. Is this the cheapest i'll see?

I'm thinking of Grevious, Vader, and Ben next in that order. i'm going to wait on a Luke and a Han for now. I think I'd rather see a Xwing or Jedi Luke and a Bespin Han.

The PF are darn nice. I really like the ones I have. I can't get them all but I will get several more. The detail in these makes them worth every penny that these costs.

i have all of the SW pf's but grievous. they are worth it. actually though luke and han are cheaper and you know you can't have leia without han. i won't get all of the pf's, just the ones i can't live without....which will probably be most of them. at the rate they come out though it isn't too bad....except for the 12" ones are sweet too. damn this hobby.

I'm new to PF's as well (also got SSE Dracs showing up on Tuesday) but can only stick to 1 per collection (1-Horror, 1-Marvel etc.) due to money. I want Vader for the Star Wars, is $300-$350 shipped a pretty good price? I've passed amazing deals ($275 shipped, ugh!) but haven't had the money and still don't, but would rather lose some now for an OK price than get burned later with a big price. SO 2 more ?'s

1- Is it worth it to sell off a few 12" ers for 1 PF and
2- Might I get burned waiting, or should I wait for a new Vader (ROTJ) and get one fresh whenever that is?

PosterBoyKelly said:
I'm new to PF's as well (also got SSE Dracs showing up on Tuesday) but can only stick to 1 per collection (1-Horror, 1-Marvel etc.) due to money. I want Vader for the Star Wars, is $300-$350 shipped a pretty good price? I've passed amazing deals ($275 shipped, ugh!) but haven't had the money and still don't, but would rather lose some now for an OK price than get burned later with a big price. SO 2 more ?'s

1- Is it worth it to sell off a few 12" ers for 1 PF and
2- Might I get burned waiting, or should I wait for a new Vader (ROTJ) and get one fresh whenever that is?

Personally I think Vader is WELL worth it. I really love mine. ALso, I don't think you'll see another suited Vader PF anytime soon ( years ).

Think if you go the ebay route Luke's the cheapest and Darth is the most expensive. I was able to get the first four (Darth,Obi,Luke and Han) off ebay for semi-reasonable prices. I've purchased Grevious and Leia from Sideshow directly and have Boba on order.

If you stick with the non-exclusive's as well you'll save a bit of money on ebay at least.

Evan

Yeah I'm not an exclusives nut. WELL now I gotta decide what to sell to get the money for a PF Vader. I hate making these choices, but I feel if I wait, I'll be slammed with even higher prices. Gotta love the Darth though, so far he's the only SW PF I want. Not that the others are BAD, but if I only get 1 SW PF, he's it.

Well I took the plunge and snagged a PF Vader for $330 shipped. I know if I wait and hunt I could get one cheaper, but I also know I might not have the money when I do, so I'm satisfied. I'm done now until Cap arrives, no other lines PF's intrigue me other than Vintage Horror, SW and Marvel. Wish they'd make an Adam West Batman or Chris Reeves Supes one day, SS needs some DC love!

Congrats PBK. You won't be disapointed!

Anyone want to take a guess as to how long until he gets his next PF? These things are like crack. Not that I'd know what crack is like but I hear it's pretty addicting :monkey3

Ill give him a month. I dont see how once you have one you can stop yourself.

I got all 6 of the ones released over a month and half period and now Im going through withdrawals from them. I want more and I hate they are being delayed. I thought about getting on the wait list for the exclusive Han ( you never know what can happen) but Ive stopped my self everytime at checkout. I cant wait to get Luke/Yoda and Boba Fett.

PF's are like a curse. I'd love to have the full line of universal monsters, star wars too. I will give one word of warning to anyone getting into SW PF's, beware the Grievous. He's a huge mother and prolly takes up as much space any two PF's combined, so if space is an issue choose wisely. I don't mean to sound negative. I love my Grievous, I just wish I had more room for say a stormtrooper and the emperor. :eek: To end on a more cheerful note, congrats Rocktonix and PosterBoy, you'll love these things, they are awesome. Like potato chips, Betcha can't buy just one.

not to try make anyone spend more money but if you are going to buy vader you would be as well buying Obi-Wan to stand with him.

They just look great posed together!

Yeah I'm just not interested in any of the other SW ones they make. If I got Luke,it'd need to be Bespin or Jedi, if Han I'd want it Endor, Leia actually is nice,but I'd rather wait for Slave and Fett is a cool, and still available on Flexpay,so maybe,but nothing until after the holidays. As far as Ben goes, I'm resisting very hard until after the holidays, I just can't swing it.

You're right about the addiction, I haven't even received Dracula and ordered Vader. But I will have to hold back until I get more money, too many bills right now are crushing me, these 2 just slipped into the budget.

Well my wifes probably going to kill mebut I've bought Leia and Grevious in the last 2 days. Guess I got 3-5 days to let her know.

Rocktonix said:
Well my wifes probably going to kill mebut I've bought Leia and Grevious in the last 2 days. Guess I got 3-5 days to let her know.
Tell her you won them during Spooktacular! :lol

Batty said:

I've used that myself, but I can only get so "lucky" in my life, so I figure it's wearing down. I mainly gave up making up stories about a year back or so, I figure she won't kill me, and she knew what she was getting into.:chew

I could probably use that for one. She really likes my collection I just think this is a little much t one time. Still Leia for $200 and Grevious for $300. I thought those were to good to pass up. Normally I'd talk to her about it first but she was out of town...and my cell was acting up...and there was only one in stock...Ahh when the bruises heal I'll have the start of a great PF collection!

Batty said:

PF's are an addiction. I started mine by getting the Wolverine exclusive comicquette and it all went down from there. Since then, I ordered the Spidey, Elektra, and Hulk as well.

Then of course, I couldn't miss out on the Boba PF. That's going to be my Holy Grail when I get him.

Back