Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it look like this? If so, it's by Sanda as well.
l7.jpg

Thats it:D

This is really cool. What are the prices for these?

Not sure yet. I've read these may be distributed through Acme. I emailed Sanda to see what the story is. Price wise, no confirmation yet but looking at Sanda's prints in the past I'm guessing at least $130-$150 for the paper edition.

Wow Blockbuster actually has this in their store? How much were they selling it for?

This Sanda print at Blockbuster is actually printed on a textured hardboard with a wood frame built around it. The image quality is pretty good, but is has a glossy gritty texture is sort of odd, although it's not noticable unless you are up close. These currently sell for $30.

Blockbuster also has many other movie and pop culture prints available that are produced in the same manner. I've seen a few Star Wars theater posters, the Indy TOD and KOTCS, Pulp Fiction, and a bunch more. I actually just bought an Indy one on sale for $15 for my son who is Indy crazy right now.
-theropod

This Sanda print at Blockbuster is actually printed on a textured hardboard with a wood frame built around it. The image quality is pretty good, but is has a glossy gritty texture is sort of odd, although it's not noticable unless you are up close. These currently sell for $30.

Blockbuster also has many other movie and pop culture prints available that are produced in the same manner. I've seen a few Star Wars theater posters, the Indy TOD and KOTCS, Pulp Fiction, and a bunch more. I actually just bought an Indy one on sale for $15 for my son who is Indy crazy right now.
-theropod

Wow, that's a really good price. I think I've actually seen a few movie posters like how you described the last time I was at Blockbuster. So due to the fact that they are printed on the textured hardboard, does that make them "not originals" I guess you could say? It really wouldn't matter to me if I could get one of these beautiful prints for that price, but I'm just curious. I'm gonna have to make a trip down there soon to see what they have.

Last edited:
Just won the Killian Plunkett celebration 4 Print on ebay. I really like this one, it will go great with Dorman's "sandtroopers" and "Incident at the Jundland Wasts" prints.

I just picked up Jason Palmer's Padmé sketchbook on ebay. This book is stunning; beautiful pencil drawings of her in various outfits. I would love to commission him for an original sketch one day. He really nails Natalie's likeness.

BB

Last edited:
Never had a chance to check out Palmer's sketchbook. I bet it's great. Congrats on picking one up. Here are the 3 JAKe prints I have from Celebration 4, Celebration Europe and Celebration Japan. Hopefully I can frame them soon:
3jakes.jpg

Just won the Killian Plunkett celebration 4 Print on ebay. I really like this one, it will go great with Dorman's "sandtroopers" and "Incident at the Jundland Wasts" prints.

I have all three of those framed and hung in my basement. They do look great together. It's great that they actually tell a story.

I have all three of those framed and hung in my basement. They do look great together. It's great that they actually tell a story.

I hope he releases some new prints soon. His art is pretty cool. The only other item I have from him is the badge set from Celebration 4.

Hi, Everyone!

I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself to those of you I don't already know - I'm Russell Walks, and I'm an artist and writer working primarily in licensed properties.

I'm a huge science-fiction/pop culture fan, and I've been lucky enough to do a ton of sci-fi related work over the years, lots of it Indy and SW related.

Last summer, for instance, I did all of the food-related Indy work - everything from Cheez-its to Frosted Flakes to Dr. Pepper. (Odds are, if you walked through a grocery store last summer, you saw my stuff.)

Most recently, I did the Key Art, wrote and illustrated a six card subset, and the drew the chrome parallels for Topps' SW: Galaxy 4 series (coming to a store near you in February!), as well as the variant cover for Wildstorm's X-Files comic. (If you're interested in looking at the Topps work, you can check out an article about the subset here: https://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/topps/20081215.html

I'm currently working on a series of licensed "Retro" Star Wars posters, and since the first one has recently become available, I thought I'd post it for your review:

60strendsfinalsmall.jpg

It's $30.00 shipped, and is currently available only through me, although I imagine that there will be something in place shortly with starwars.com. If you're interested, just drop me an email or pm, and I'll let you know the paypal address to which you can send your payment. (email: [email protected])

Just for fun, here is the entire triptych of pieces (The idea being that Star Wars is timeless, it's cool to imagine what the movie posters might have looked like had it come out in the 40's, 50's or 60's:

retrodyptich.jpg

Thanks for looking, folks!

Oh one more thing: I'm currently working on a book about the effect Pop-Culture has had on my life, and I've posted an excerpt about my relationship with Star Trek. It's here: https://www.livinginanalog.com/ and I'd love it if you'd read it and let me know your thoughts!

Here is one I am still working on. My favorite trooper style,The SANDTROOPER. I am working from memory on this so there are some subtle changes in the torso armor and such that I still have to fix.

Here is one I am still working on. My favorite trooper style,The SANDTROOPER. I am working from memory on this so there are some subtle changes in the torso armor and such that I still have to fix.

Nice work 161.

Back