Star Wars – 1/6th scale Stormtrooper (Porcelain Pattern Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly....this would be pretty cool displayed with one's tea materials in their kitchen. I'd personally rather invest that cost into a new figure that would go with my detolfs, but knowing China's large market and reverence for tea consumption I totally get why this is happening.

Honestly....this would be pretty cool displayed with one's tea materials in their kitchen. I'd personally rather invest that cost into a new figure that would go with my detolfs, but knowing China's large market and reverence for tea consumption I totally get why this is happening.

I can just imagine this figure posed in the kitchen with someone's porcelain patterned tea materials. :lol

That cup looks nice, so does that plate.....wait, is that a freaking Stormtrooper?

Did this thing even get 10 pre orders? I can't imagine them finding 10 people on this planet to buy this. With all of the figures people have been begging for they make this?

Did this thing even get 10 pre orders? I can't imagine them finding 10 people on this planet to buy this. With all of the figures people have been begging for they make this?

Because they don't always listen to what people ask for.

It will fit in nicely on this shelf. :lol
8cebb446249c2e360eec6d644d005ad3.jpg

Since this is a "colorway" or variant of an existing figure, it really wasn't a stretch for them to do this. It's not like they built this whole figure from scratch just to delay some other figure. It's also not meant to be made in large numbers anyways.

I bought this when it was on sale a long time ago, and it's currently the only figure I have in the living room, in the middle of my DVD shelf. I don't have a pic of the setup, but all my other figs are sequestered away in my office. Here's my review that I guess I never actually got around to posting here.

I'm curious... anyone here buy it, and what was the attraction for you? (No judgment, just genuinely curious).

I would have gotten one if I had a discount code for it.

I think it's an interesting artistic variation, reminds me of the design exhibits Sideshow and Lucasfilm were doing a few years ago where they give artists a bucket to use as a canvas. I was actually hoping Hot Toys would continue this theme and give us a Día de Muertos trooper.

Like it or not, the paint application is intricate and looks impeccable.

I would've displayed him crouching in my mother-in-law's china cabinet. Completely camouflaged and she never would have known but I'd have good laugh every time I saw him there.

If HT are willing to make crap like this, they should do a RoboCop 2 repaint in the blue. I would buy that.

Back