Star Wars – 1/6th scale Stormtrooper (Porcelain Pattern Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This being released before stormie Han just so elitist collectors like Lejuan can complete their sophisticated collections is an outrage to all us common folk!:mad: :)

I'm excited for Stormie Han too, but what I'm really looking forward to Camo Stormie:

stormtrooper_by_chaseblood-d5haf28.jpg

:lol called it on page 2. I hope it's real, it'll really tie the room together.

A lot of the reactions are just more by-products of the "everybody wins/here's your participation award" generation.

you know.....im 42. and when i was in 2nd and 3rd grade in the 70s we also got a trophy for playing baseball. every year i played i got a trophy. sometimes it was bigger than the other teams and sometimes it was smaller. i think us adults conveniently forget that. they've been handing out participation awards for decades. the only real difference being was that they told you that you didn't win. these days, everyone is a winner...however off topic my sentiments may be...sorry.

On one hand this figure is off the rails bizarre.

...but as a purely technical demonstration of HT's ability to precisely apply detailed paint applications it's impressive.

you know.....im 42. and when i was in 2nd and 3rd grade in the 70s

I'm 42 as well but at least I remember that 2nd and 3rd grade did NOT take place in the 70's. Unless you were a five year old 3rd grader which WOULD be deserving of a trophy. :D

we also got a trophy for playing baseball. every year i played i got a trophy. sometimes it was bigger than the other teams and sometimes it was smaller. i think us adults conveniently forget that.

I played organized sports from 1st grade to my freshman year in college. First grade was T-Ball and I might have some little trophy tucked away for that but I certainly didn't get any trophies from 4th grade on (Boys Club league) unless we ranked in a final tournament. But come on now, are you really going to argue against the notion of there existing an entire generation of coddled wusses like never before? Not speaking for everyone of a certain age obviously but geez just turn on the news at literally any given millisecond (or just read through the responses in this thread) if you doubt what I'm saying.

Last edited:
I still have no idea why people are talking about participation trophies in regards to people calling this ridiculous.

There should be a participation award for trying to make an analogy that makes sense.

I still have no idea why people are talking about participation trophies

I'm not surprised. Far too many people simply can't comprehend the notion of not getting what they want all the time. Are you upset when Hot Toys makes random figures you have no interest in? If yes then you want a participation trophy, each and every time. "Look, I showed up with my credit card, I'm participating, so cater to my wants."

Who cares if this is literally the dumbest figure ever made. It doesn't make it any more of a "pass" than any other toy you didn't buy. A non-sale is a non-sale. The end.

Lol so true on the trophies and well lets just say I get it lol many are like huh the hint was to turn on the boohoo news. They should make a play doh version to sooth people.

On another note I laugh at most comments because they are funny. The one about taking it out when important company is coming over was the funniest so far. Since I won't be displaying it I can't do that. I am however ditching 2 Detolfs for more large PAX so if I get my odd shelf going he's in.

I already paid deposit. I saw it on display in Hong Kong today. Honestly, it looks nice to me :)

i still think it's a odd joke...HT will reveal it is soon while we take this seriously.

and what is next........Peter Max Stormtrooper?

Back