Star Wars – 1/6th scale Stormtrooper (Porcelain Pattern Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fun and whimsical, it made me smile.

This is where I'm at on it too. I actually like the blue and white on it also. I'll snag this on down the road or use rewards points maybe. If they continued with the funky paint ups on these it wouldn't bother me a bit.

In 20 years you will have the single most valuable piece of HT Star Wars merchandise ever produced.

Or.... you will be explaining this figure to everyone who notices it for the rest of your life.

DGAF what anyone thinks so I won't explain squat but I hear you.

I have been looking for a Greedo for months and people want $300-$500 lol yeah now that is actually funnier than this figure. I hope SS redoes it or releases it again since they are doing the rest unless he was the first in the BH line. He is one of the highest priced figures for sale.

I guarantee Sideshow will reissue him. He's one 2.0 that even I might pick up if they go the extra mile to improve the sculpt and outfit.

From your post to SS workshop. I need one for my diorama I built. I may have to finally buy a HT Solo if Greedo looks to good for my SS Solo. Wonder why HT never did a Greedo.

No me. Waiting for the Life-Size.

In all seriousness this figure is just white noise to me. I've long since become desensitized to this type of thing by all the pink and white Vaders at conventions and Victorian/Steampunk/Samurai/etc versions of SW characters in various collectible and fine art form.

Artists like Charles Krafft and Magnus Gjoen have been doing this sort of pop art for ages:

471.jpg

880a6ca72925631ecb5caeba006b39ec.jpg

When HT first started their Star Wars line, I was totally into buying all the original trilogy figures. I even bought every OT Trooper (two pack, Luke, Sandtrooper, Shadow Trooper, Space Trooper, Copper, and Gold, and even the video game Shock Trooper). Then when they released the Jump Trooper, I told myself, ok, they have really jumped it. And stopped. Glad I did. This one, it is a pretty cool concept to be a custom piece or to be put in some designer art show, but as a mass produced product out of no where? I think it is really pushing it. A lot of people are saying "This is for the Chinese market cash grab!", but it cannot be the case (com'on, I do not think they are REALLY that full of it or dumb?) coz as a Chinese, the last thing I wanna buy is something that labels me a Chinese. Also, Star Wars are NOT a big seller in HK, and even less so in China. The Gold troopers sold in Disney Shanghai were mostly exported for the rarity (so are the Gold Midas Iron Man figures) and ever since Sideshow got a bunch of the Gold Troopers and still selling, it is not even rare anymore.

Anyhow, good for you if you PO-ed this one. But I think the majority of the world is sitting out on it. :)

*yawn*

And all the Ironheads blew up deluxe when I laughed at the multitude of cheap repaints. HT has jumped the shark.

I don't think I've ever seen a more negative reaction to a figure. Especially on the HT facebook page. They know how much this thing is loathed. Do they care? Only if it doesn't sell of course.

Back