SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The positive first, with a second head this is a real "exclusive" like Bossk 12". Negative, the regular head looks really too neutral facial expressiveness level and I'm not a fan of the second sculpt that is more aggressive. Now light up is the little gadget that we lose especially at the price ... It's not the 12 inch century still, his alter ego version of ANH is unmatched in the series of Obi Wan 12 "Side.
Since the announcement of this PRODERS I asked myself the question of whether a purchase after all I already have versions ANH and E3. And then I look at my window and I see Qui Gon and Darth Maul ... You imagine the rest ...

Until they release a better version of the ANH Obi-wan or a general version I will remain uninterested. May change my mind at a later date but at this point I just don't find spending the money on him worth it.

as far as Obi wan HS,i still think the AOTC version is equal too the BEST human sculpts and paint ssc have done.
I'm getting this regardless of light up.
It just begs the question.....do VADER and MALGUS now come with sabres that light up ????

i still don't get how to do it though :lol I've only been able to see the EX pics in Hi-Res...are the others in hi-res too? sorry, i'm a little slow :slap

Dumb-and-Dumber-dumb-and-dumber-6243010-853-461.jpg

Sorry i should've mentioned this as well, if you want to the regular pics just delete the No. 1 at the end of the product code and reset the press code to 01 and then you can switch through the regular pics.

So with Obi Wan, where the product code for the exclusive is 1000281, the product code for the regular will be 100028 and if you bookmark the link from a few pages back you can use the product code for any SSC product and it will take you to High-Res images of that product

You can also use this to find a regular pieces preorder page when SSC only puts up an exclusive piece for preorder, just delete the No. 1 at the end of the product code in the address bar and it will take you to the preorder page for the regular edition which otherwise you won't see until the exclusives are sold out or waitlisted.

Last edited:
Both the sculpts look way off, like the 2 part boot feature.... anything with light up is wasted without a universal remote as i'm too lazy to open up all my cabinets & switch em all on and off

I love the 2 part boots, I'll be able to get some good standing poses in my dio without the use of the stand. :yess:

Yeah. Light up features are pretty much unneeded ca ca. :lecture

I agree... but at least it doesn't seem to have significantly affected the price of this one. If $135 is what they charge for a Tusken Raider; $15 more for this guys isn't too bad.

I can't say I see a lot of Ewan in the sculpt, but Sideshow's photos are notorious for doing that. So I'll keep an open mind and PO the exclusive on Thursday.

Like him much better with the brown robe on. I agree his jedi uniform is a bit on the pouffy side and the robe hides that to a large degree. Also, the more layers the better, in a lot of cases. Just more visually interesting.

And back to light-up or not, I think it's pretty cool Sideshow is trying something different with the saber. May not be perfect but the light looks more consistant end-to-end than Medicom's version. They should get some credit for trying to improve the overall look, IMO, instead of dissed because some people can't be bothered to use the feature. It's certainly something I use with my War Machine whenever I feel like it and I think it really adds to the figure.

....I agree his jedi uniform is a bit on the pouffy side and the robe hides that to a large degree. A...

For those late in the game you should know that Sideshow is notorious for photographing figs in the least flattering ways on their product pages. A cool bit of futzing and the clothes will look great with or without a robe once you get it in hand. :lecture

For those late in the game you should know that Sideshow is notorious for photographing figs in the least flattering ways on their product pages. A cool bit of futzing and the clothes will look great with or without a robe once you get it in hand. :lecture
Ah, yeah, that's a good point. Guessing some water treatment would fix what ails young Obi!

The figure looks fine. No plans to making the purchase.

It is hard to take Sideshow "human sculpts" seriously if "Hot Toys" are "supposed" to be doing them as well.

You don't want to display this Obi Wan next to the DX Luke.

The regular head expression looks just like Ewan in the scene on the Naboo cruiser when he first meets Anakin. Great likeness IMO.

Sculpts looks almost NOTHING like Ewan McGregor.
Everything else is nice.

Fixed :exactly:

:nana: no mutant wrist for me. I might not ever take it from the box.
I am eager to see how good the factory paint will look.
Speaking of hot toys, I do find it kinda funny that hot toys is taking a step backwards with their necks, while sideshow makes the superior 2 part necks. This one even seems to have some texture and detail.

Back