SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannot believe how much this guy costs on eBay. Bummed. I wanted a Dagobah landing Luke to display with Yoda. I hate having Yoda on a shelf with no other figures.

It’s around $300 shipped from PopCultcha to the US. Close to what Sideshow had it for. I would also check the sales thread here for better prices than eBay. Might pop up from time to time.

It’s around $300 shipped from PopCultcha to the US. Close to what Sideshow had it for. I would also check the sales thread here for better prices than eBay. Might pop up from time to time.

This figure is also a mega-strong candidate for v.2. Given how it sold out before shipping and the demand since, I'd be really surprised if this guy didn't pop up as a SSC re-release in the next few months for shipping in about a year from now.

You have to wait a year (why SSC needs a year to make more of a fig that's already been made with usually only minor changes, I have no idea) but at least it'll be close to original retail. It's only the much older figs like Bossk (4-5 years old) that have the big jump of original price vs re-release price.

Most of the figures they've straight-up re-released lately (no omitted accessories or whatever)--like the Jawas, Maul, Scout Trooper--have happened immediately, meaning from low stock to waitlist and then back to pre-order status. The shortest turnaround of the re-releases where they omit an item was maybe the probe droid. Obviously IG-88 and Bossk were sold out for a few years before they put those back out.

Hmmm... I'm not too patient tbh, so I wouldn't be willing to wait too long. 300 shipped is painful for 1/6, but I could probably sell some pieces from it... Thanks for the heads up!

All I really need is the dang outfit. Don't even want the headsculpt. ROFL.

Hmmm... I'm not too patient tbh, so I wouldn't be willing to wait too long. 300 shipped is painful for 1/6, but I could probably sell some pieces from it... Thanks for the heads up!

All I really need is the dang outfit. Don't even want the headsculpt. ROFL.

Popcultcha have sales throughout the year and you can also accumulate pennies (which are their version of reward points) from purchases for a discount. No telling when they'll have a sale though.

Popcultcha have sales throughout the year and you can also accumulate pennies (which are their version of reward points) from purchases for a discount. No telling when they'll have a sale though.

They actually had one around Halloween a couple times. Maybe this weekend? Maybe a glitch? :pray:

I'm surprised at how sought after and expensive this turned out to be on the secondary market. It's a really cool figure, but I personally don't think it was worth even the retail price tag at SSC. The boots, belt, unhelmeted sculpt and lack of accessories are its biggest weak points in my opinion.

However, I still like him.

I'm surprised at how sought after and expensive this turned out to be on the secondary market. It's a really cool figure, but I personally don't think it was worth even the retail price tag at SSC. The boots, belt, unhelmeted sculpt and lack of accessories are its biggest weak points in my opinion.

However, I still like him.

It's funny - despite the too-dark paint, I thought the Snowspeeder Luke boots were a decent improvement over the Hoth Han/Luke boots - certainly a somewhat more accurate sculpt. And I'm not crazy about what HT has done with Hoth leia's boots versus the Bespin Luke boots (to be fair, the Bespin style is a much leaner look so easier to pull off with fabric/pleather versus the thicker snow boot version) which is probably how Snowpseeder Luke boots would look using pleather.

It's funny - despite the too-dark paint, I thought the Snowspeeder Luke boots were a decent improvement over the Hoth Han/Luke boots - certainly a somewhat more accurate sculpt. And I'm not crazy about what HT has done with Hoth leia's boots versus the Bespin Luke boots (to be fair, the Bespin style is a much leaner look so easier to pull off with fabric/pleather versus the thicker snow boot version) which is probably how Snowpseeder Luke boots would look using pleather.

I never had the Hoth Han nor Luke, so my only basis for comparison with Snowpeeder Luke is Bespin Luke.

I really like the Bespin boots, I think they put these boots to shame. And my only measuring stick for the unhelmeted sculpt is the Bespin sculpt(s), which I think makes the unhelmeted sculpt for this look like a bit of a caricature. It's not terrible, but I think the Bespin sculpt is a much better likeness. However, I do think the helmeted sculpt for this is pretty incredible and bears a great likeness with his helmet on. I also think the tailoring for this is pretty good and the suit has the right amount of puffiness to it. There's elements about this belt that are more accurate than the Bespin belt and vice versa, but overall, I think the Bespin belt is much better and is of better quality.

Without going back and looking at Hoth Leia, what is HT doing with her boots that differs from Bespin Luke's boots?

I never had the Hoth Han nor Luke, so my only basis for comparison with Snowpeeder Luke is Bespin Luke.

I really like the Bespin boots, I think they put these boots to shame. And my only measuring stick for the unhelmeted sculpt is the Bespin sculpt(s), which I think makes the unhelmeted sculpt for this look like a bit of a caricature. It's not terrible, but I think the Bespin sculpt is a much better likeness. However, I do think the helmeted sculpt for this is pretty incredible and bears a great likeness with his helmet on. I also think the tailoring for this is pretty good and the suit has the right amount of puffiness to it. There's elements about this belt that are more accurate than the Bespin belt and vice versa, but overall, I think the Bespin belt is much better and is of better quality.

Without going back and looking at Hoth Leia, what is HT doing with her boots that differs from Bespin Luke's boots?

Well, it's about the boots themselves - what I mean is that there were two (well, technically at least three) similar-but-completely-different types of boots that Luke wears in ESB: the fatter cold weather location boots (overstuffed, very curvy, sewn/lapped seams on all edges) and the much thinner Hoth studio and Dagobah ones (lean, straight, no sewn/lapped seams.) The movie appears to treat them as all the same boot, even though they look totally different.

The HT Bespin boots work with pleather because they are basically flat and form fitted. The fatter cold weather style I think suits sculpted a bit better because it requires pleather to have an "overstuffed" look that pleather never seems to scale to very well.

The HT Hoth Leia boots appear to be pleather and the sewn/lapped seams look a bit thick and toy like with overscale sew lines - but hey, it's just a prototype so we'll see.

Not saying HT couldn't somehow pull off pleather cold weather style boots for Luke or Han, but it would be very tough for them to look good. It's a bit like the DID pleather officer boots - they "feel" quality and look decent (if a little thick in the soles and seams) , but they don't look as lean and realistic as say the sculpted Red Skull boots Ht did.

And... HT has been trending away from pleather - the Imperial Gunner, DS Trooper and more to the point, the Hoth Snowtrooper (which could/should have had pleather) all have sculpted boots when they probably should have had pleather. And they were pretty meh sculpts as well.

Agreed on the Snowspeeder Luke belt but they all - HT included - have pretty noticeable inaccuracies (I've now hand-built two complete Luke ESB belts, so have obsessed over the ref pics.:lol)

And yeah - I much prefer the SSC helmeted Snowsp Luke face to the HT non-BD sculpt, but I still think the HT BD Bespin head is the single best Luke sculpt ever done, even if it's an extreme expression and very scene specific.

Water treatment is always a good thing but only when you want the figure to look weathered. Mine is weathered, my Luke XWing too and they look great.
dba7b7fca1b9727f6f093bc542734cc2.jpg
d05c3564a86e6071cbd74a9c37df98dc.jpg

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm going to have to get around to doing water treatment on my Luke pilot. I'm so glad I got him now. With helmet on (only way I will display him) he's excellent !

No idea why I delayed getting the figure, which when I think about it represents the best bit of Star Wars ANH for me, the trench run.

Ok so I pulled the trigger on this figure from pop culcha. I hope its impressive. This is my holy grail, im an idiot for not pre ordering this figure, but I thought I had more time. This is my first time ordering from them, are the a good place to order, its not like I had a choice lol , awe my wallet just groaned

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Ok so I pulled the trigger on this figure from pop culcha. I hope its impressive. This is my holy grail, im an idiot for not pre ordering this figure, but I thought I had more time. This is my first time ordering from them, are the a good place to order, its not like I had a choice lol , awe my wallet just groaned

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Speaking as a customer living in Australia, they're very good. I get most of my figures there. They pack them very well and their customer service is great. I hope you have a good experience and you enjoy the figure. I'm very close to picking one up too. He looks great.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back