SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just unboxed mine and I'm afraid I have a QC issue. There is a burn / bubble mark on the inside of the visor. Gutted as the figure looks superb in hand, but the amount that I've / We pay for these things, it needs to be without any flaws.
IMG_2725.jpg

Not sure i'd blame the sculpts. It has more to do with paint application i believe. HT painting technique is an important breakthrough in the 1/6 industry and all other companies really suffer from the comparison.

To clarify when I say sculpt I am referring to the entire finished head, paint included. So you may be right, but I can't say because I can't accurately discern how good or bad it might look with top quality paint.

The flight cap version (helmet removed) looks nothing like Luke but it makes me want it for a generic pilot. Too expensive for that though. Its too bad they didn't include the flight cap version as a third option though.

Well just unboxed mine and I'm afraid I have a QC issue. There is a burn / bubble mark on the inside of the visor. Gutted as the figure looks superb in hand, but the amount that I've / We pay for these things, it needs to be without any flaws.
View attachment 344787

Man that sucks. I'm supposed to receive mine today so I'm hoping for no major flaws.

I popped the hair off on the non-helmeted head, here's what it looks like:
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 009.jpg
And SSC Snowspeeder Luke with HT non battle damaged Bespin Luke and Stormtrooper Disguise:
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 010.jpg

I still feel that Sideshow's Luke is the most accurate to Mark Hamill out of all of them. It does need a better hair piece and paint, but the underlying sculpt is good.

Killer work Tee-Kay!

So has anyone tried the Hot Toys ESB hair on the regular sculpt? I really feel like that might help fix the weird look of the unhelmeted head.

I tried but it will not fit on the SSC Snowspeeder Luke head unless it's heavily modified.

I just unboxed mine, and I'm not going to say anything about all the negative comments from others on this figure, everyone is entitled to their opinion but to me, I think overall this is a great figure. Not perfect....but great.

The tailoring in the outfit is top notch. Some people have commented there is no weathering, but that isn't true. It's not filthy but it it does have a light wash of grime over the jacket, giving it a used look. The helmet looks good to me and all of the accessories look great. I even like the lightsaber blade, I always thought the thickness of other companies was too thin. I always thought of light sabers as more of a wiffle bat and less of a rapier. Blaster and hilt are weathered decently.

On the head sculpts, both are still SLIGHTLY missing the Mark (see what I did there?)...but I can tell where they are drawing their inspiration from. I think this is the best Luke we've gotten so far tied with Sideshow's Hoth. Yes i'm counting HT efforts in there too, I KNOW other's will disagree with me but that's the beauty in art.

I have no idea why Sideshow put ankle extenders in him, that makes no sense and does put him slightly out of scale for where he should be. I would love to hear from SS why they did that, a mistake on their part to be sure unless i'm missing something. Remember HT did the same for Finn too....(I still think to make him in scale with his FO storm trooper version they couldn't modify.)

Anyway...I feel for anyone who passed on this figure based on other reviews and photos. In hand...like so many other figures....he looks a LOT better then what the camera does and I recommend him in anyone's collection.

Dear GOD....not for $260.00....that's a rip off at any level.....but that is if you can get him in the $220.00 range.......
(I think SS was smoking crack when they factored that price and that is what got this figure off to a bad foot in may collectors opinions.

Agree with me....disagree with me....it's all good. Just please be respectful and enjoy the hobby.
20170530_132802.jpg20170530_132827.jpg20170530_132921.jpg20170530_133421.jpg20170530_135831.jpg20170530_140836.jpgDD.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures and thoughts on the figure Vonhahn! The weathering on the jacket is definitely there, but it doesn't really show in pictures. I agree the likeness of the sculpt itself looks to be there, but the hair sculpt and paint are holding it back.

Nice pictures and thoughts on the figure Vonhahn! The weathering on the jacket is definitely there, but it doesn't really show in pictures. I agree the likeness of the sculpt itself looks to be there, but the hair sculpt and paint are holding it back.

:hi5:

I popped the hair off on the non-helmeted head, here's what it looks like:
View attachment 344854
And SSC Snowspeeder Luke with HT non battle damaged Bespin Luke and Stormtrooper Disguise:
View attachment 344855

I still feel that Sideshow's Luke is the most accurate to Mark Hamill out of all of them. It does need a better hair piece and paint, but the underlying sculpt is good.

I tried but it will not fit on the SSC Snowspeeder Luke head unless it's heavily modified.

Thanks for that comparison - it's just what I was looking for. Would you mind telling me if the Snowspeeder Pilot hair fits on the DX07 head? It looks a bit big but you never know.

I just unboxed mine, and I'm not going to say anything about all the negative comments from others on this figure, everyone is entitled to their opinion but to me, I think overall this is a great figure. Not perfect....but great.

Anyway...I feel for anyone who passed on this figure based on other reviews and photos. In hand...like so many other figures....he looks a LOT better then what the camera does and I recommend him in anyone's collection.

Agree with me....disagree with me....it's all good. Just please be respectful and enjoy the hobby.

Excellent overview of this figure. I agree with you on all points.. :duff

I am the only one paying hole price for this? I feel bad but you know .......,is snowspeeder luke

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks for that comparison - it's just what I was looking for. Would you mind telling me if the Snowspeeder Pilot hair fits on the DX07 head? It looks a bit big but you never know.

It's larger and flops around loose on top of the head with wide gaps on either side.

Back