SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been lurking a long time but never posted but this one I felt like I had to comment on. I was really looking forward to this one but will probably cancel. If you want a good laugh use the website https://www.celebslike.me and do a check of ole Jack Burton from the earlier posts.

I got a 49% match to Joey from Full House...

WTF ! How can they be ok with this ? I had such high hopes for this man such high hopes ! :( why the bumpy forehead? Damn just damn ! :(

If you had high hopes after all this time and with SSC track record, you only have yourself to blame.

The sad thing is, that no one, ever will make this again since it’s such an obscure thing.

Snake maaaaybe has a chance but I’m positive this is the only thing that we will see lisensed from this movie.

Also disappointing beyond the obviously terrible head sculpt is the outfit and how bad it looks compared to the prototype

Denim is something that’s pretty tough to pull off convincingly even hot toys misses the mark. The thing is I thought their Lobo jeans looked ok so it’s sad to see thisnlook so far from the prototype

With something like this it’s eaiser to go down the custom route and I guess there are some die hard fans that may want to pay upwards of 500 for a custom of this guy but I’m guessing not a lot.

I said it before that we should not be surprised by now , and the rebuttal was that this there was some surprise at how bad it was compared to other figures like Nathan Frankie.

To me they are all just super bad since they did their new human technique and they need to just give it up to hot toys to do their lisences. Don’t even get me started on their Star Wars situation thinking they can go and release things like a Jedi luke at the same time.

From the ones I can think of, this is what I think of their more recent human figures

Snake 5/10
Nathan drake 4/10
Jack (from what we can see) 5/10
Ash 6.5 (maybe 7) out of 10
Indy 4 (maybe 5) /10
Luke snowspeeder 7/10
Hoth luke 5/10
Hoth Han 5/10
Red 5 luke 5/10
Darth maul 8/10 (having a robe would have put him higher but he may not count as he’s technically a “creature” which they have an easier time muddling through)

Man... that is not looking good. Outfit seems solid, a step down but not suprisingly so. But the head, even with bad photography accounted for it's hard to see any scenario where the sculpt is worth the asking price.

Even the proto was odd. It was more of a caricature. At least it wasn't painted like ass, which is what fooled most people it seems.

Yeah, a high-end paint job can make up for a less than stellar sculpt. But when that sculpt get's what looks to be some of the worst SS paint in a while it's a bad situation.

I'm gonna contact them and see about a full refund with the NRD. That's not the product I preordered. Even if I lose the NRD I could probly buy this second hand or from them direct at a deep discount. They were only making 1500 and didn't preorder sell out. After these in hand photos it will be even worse.

Got my NRD refunded. This was my first SSC preorder and I've learned my lesson. Forget it, I'm so bummed out now.

Got to say I just opened the fig and yeah its not perfect but I am pretty happy with it, the box art is gorgeous. In person the sculpt looks pretty decent imo, its quite a specific expression he has so I think this makes the sculpt harder to judge, the paint could be better though. I will make an unboxing vid and put it up.

Man... that is not looking good. Outfit seems solid, a step down but not suprisingly so. But the head, even with bad photography accounted for it's hard to see any scenario where the sculpt is worth the asking price.

If this figure was $140 it might be more acceptable, but at the same/more than some recent Hot Toys, Dam/VTS and Blitzway releases? Nope. Especially when the production run is limited, there's no excuse.

Got to say I just opened the fig and yeah its not perfect but I am pretty happy with it, the box art is gorgeous. In person the sculpt looks pretty decent imo, its quite a specific expression he has so I think this makes the sculpt harder to judge, the paint could be better though. I will make an unboxing vid and put it up.

Let's be honest, for the price point and the character it really should have come with 2-3 additional heads/faces. Maybe a smirk and one coated with lipstick.

Back