1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, has been for about a week or so. How as this sold compared to the other bounty hunters in the series?
4-Lom sold out pretty quick, maybe faster than Dengar? Or about the same? I may miss out on both of these. Just too many great figs coming out these days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I only had 2 detolfs for a few years. It was a nightmare. Now i have 8, its not changed. I need 8 more. :) what i really need are more jazz dioramas. What good are figures without playsets? Detolfs are ok but dynamism isnt what they offer.

I would need a billion detolfs if I did a 1-2 a shelf display :( :( :( :(

Yup, same as me. I'm lucky if I can stick to 4 figures per shelf. I try to raise the back 2 to 3 figures so they are easily seen behind a front 2.

On topic for Dengar my figure came with the magnets incorrectly aligned so my body and backpack repel each other! Luckily, and typical wonderful SSC customer service, my replacements are en-route.:clap

Strange one but can someone take some close ups of the boots?

I'm finding it hard to find pics online.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Strange one but can someone take some close ups of the boots?

I'm finding it hard to find pics online.

Here you go... weirdo. [emoji6]
fc18bc470060738261c02adf6c6779e9.jpg
57bf102123553ade3ffc2b523e08d9cd.jpg
18565989482878b7c6dcbe68fcaf067d.jpg

Thanks man. I'm looking to update the boots on my custom hasbro figure. I came across a pair of Hasbro boots that need a repaint.

8529dc62d4be17b66a427416d6abd606.jpg

Decide to give a shot on Dengar and I must say it's better than expected, expecially on the solidity point of wiew (notorious SSC weakness). I love the Bounty Hunters. Now I must decide if I'm going with the mod route (head wrap, legs, rifle).
eca66823559c607840e7034abe6bac9c.jpg

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Just got the last two. I’m happy with both... wasn’t that impressed with Dengar when I first opened the box, but after posing he’s mostly great. I personally thought the proto was a perfect figure. The production piece is not perfect, but still good. I’m mostly disappointed with how the face paint came out and the position of his gaze. I think I need to repaint the eyes to change he’s melancholic look into the ground into the more menacing look of the proto. The head wrap and a couple other pieces also lack in comparison to the proto. ...and both figures are too tall I guess. But well, I guess we can’t ask for perfection. ;-)
366363ba61418a37313ae27c5e26aab0.jpg

My Dengar should be here tomorrow. Can’t wait to finally close out my BH collection!

Got mine today and generally I'm happy with him. But as others have said and as I was fully expecting, the paint apps on the head sculpt are very " average" I've added a bit of dry brush rust and silver to his armour to helps highlight the greeblies on his chest piece and his back pack.

IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5087.JPG

Just got mine. For SSC product he is looking amazing! Now the last thing i need to do is hunt down 4-LOM and wait for ESB Boba.

After a bit of futzing this guy has grown on me.

View attachment 405417

Yes, I think he’s pretty great. Only the face paint and maybe the turban I’m still not too happy with. But he has tons of shelf presence. After reading the comments I thought that the armor wouldn’t have any of the silver scratches, but it does, though very subtle. I might give it a tiny bit more at some point, but for now I’m happy with it.
...I don’t know what it is, but even though I can put my finger on this and that on the newer sideshow figures, they have so much shelf presence. I have an equal mix of hot Toys and sideshow SW figures, and though the HT ones might be more correct, I keep liking the presence of the SSCs better... it might be because I always found the background characters more interesting, but there might be more to it... anyhow. I’m really happy with both Dengar and Zuckuss.

Back