1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this climate, I'd be ok if it was $125. Anything more for a barebones figure in a wetsuit and crappy cape of Sideshow quality is insane. I mean, let's be 100% honest - it practically has NO accessories. Those two batarangs cost absolutely nothing to produce.

I actually wanted to buy it when I first saw SDCC pics because it's a good base for a custom classic Batman. Alas...

Honestly I like the Sideshow figures, I own both previous Batmans and they are fantastic figures. The thing is I got the first one really cheap due to SS Points and the second one was on clearance for $150. I have no problem waiting on this one, no Bruce head is fine, it'll drop.

I was interested in it in the initial reveal. Now, I am not sure.

Next to no accessories and the random headsculpt of generic person supposed to be Bruce Wayne is ugly; that is holding me back.

I like the masked sculpt. A lot better than the past 2 figures at least.

I dont know; I have 2 of the first one and I am thinking of just getting the masked head and rest of the blue outfit parts and put it on one of the old ones I have.

I was interested in it in the initial reveal. Now, I am not sure.

Next to no accessories and the random headsculpt of generic person supposed to be Bruce Wayne is ugly; that is holding me back.

I like the masked sculpt. A lot better than the past 2 figures at least.

I dont know; I have 2 of the first one and I am thinking of just getting the masked head and rest of the blue outfit parts and put it on one of the old ones I have.

This new classic Batman looks much slimmer than the 2 previous older bulky bodies they used. The new outfit may not fit that old body, depending on the material they use ans whether or not it stretches.. I most likely will hold out on this as well depending on how the final production version turns out. You can still find the last one for pretty cheap.

I really don't understand why so many compare the costs to Hot Toys. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that Sideshow figures quality is on par, and therefore should be on par with price. But the fact is that everything (other than final factory production) that SSC does is done in-house in California. If anyone really believes that HT is staffing costs/salaries, as well as overhead expenses, are anywhere near the same as SSC, then they really don't know much about global business. That alone is a huge reason for the cost differences between SSC and other companies (HT, Enterbay, etc.). And I don't believe for a second that factories in China give the same or better prices/production to US companies as they do to Chinese companies. There was a time when it was super-important for Chinese factories to impress American or European companies, but not today. Today they are more focused on creating products for their own market.
But back to the figure. Like everyone, I'm disappointed in the bare-bonesness of the figure. If it's a classic Batman, then it would make sense that there is no grapnel gun (I'm pretty sure that he only started having that mid-late eighties). But at this pricepoint, more accessories is a must. Costume should be fine (I still think that overall, SSC makes better capes than HT). It's just too bad that Batman is such a hot seller (for DC/WB in general) that there is so much attention to Batman. Probably going to have to wait for sale prices on this one...

In this climate, I'd be ok if it was $125. Anything more for a barebones figure in a wetsuit and crappy cape of Sideshow quality is insane. I mean, let's be 100% honest - it practically has NO accessories. Those two batarangs cost absolutely nothing to produce.

I actually wanted to buy it when I first saw SDCC pics because it's a good base for a custom classic Batman. Alas...

Your preaching to choir. But their is a lot of suckers with $$$$. This barebones product shows how much sideshow knows how many suckers are out their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why so many compare the costs to Hot Toys. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that Sideshow figures quality is on par, and therefore should be on par with price. But the fact is that everything (other than final factory production) that SSC does is done in-house in California. If anyone really believes that HT is staffing costs/salaries, as well as overhead expenses, are anywhere near the same as SSC, then they really don't know much about global business. That alone is a huge reason for the cost differences between SSC and other companies (HT, Enterbay, etc.). And I don't believe for a second that factories in China give the same or better prices/production to US companies as they do to Chinese companies. There was a time when it was super-important for Chinese factories to impress American or European companies, but not today. Today they are more focused on creating products for their own market.
But back to the figure. Like everyone, I'm disappointed in the bare-bonesness of the figure. If it's a classic Batman, then it would make sense that there is no grapnel gun (I'm pretty sure that he only started having that mid-late eighties). But at this pricepoint, more accessories is a must. Costume should be fine (I still think that overall, SSC makes better capes than HT). It's just too bad that Batman is such a hot seller (for DC/WB in general) that there is so much attention to Batman. Probably going to have to wait for sale prices on this one...

Ok sideshow staff only does the initial proto. They don’t have a full blown factory. They sent proto to China most likely Hong Kong specifically because its cheep labor, they have the casting plates ready to mold and cast heads and bodies.
These costume may be R&D in Cali but guarantee the specks for patterns are shipped off and fabric to be made is ordered.

Boxes are also cheeper to be printed.

What’s at sideshow is the artist and designers and customer service. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya... and if you think that artists/designers/r&D/Customer Service costs in China are the same as California, you would be very wrong. The entire operation/overhead is far more expensive in the US. Again, not speaking about this particular Batman figure, but even looking at the ROTJ Luke Skywalker. A SS figure that costs the same as a HT figure is mostly due to the costs of the business.

In any case, I do wish SS would have looked at the material suggestions you had made for the outfits, and finished Flash...

the fact is that everything that SSC does is done in-house in California.
A SS figure that costs the same as a HT figure is mostly due to the costs of the business.

. . .

This is a market. If you don't have a monopoly on it you better compete or GTFO.
Sideshow's prices on statues and figures are insane considering the inferior quality and ****ty QC.
The only reason why they do it is because people are dumb enough to pay them.

The Bruce Wayne sculpt would have had a lot more appeal to me if it wasn't so disheveled and angry looking so I could have bashed a billionaire playboy alter ego to stand on the shelf with Bats.

Doesn't look like any classic version of Batman and doesn't look like any drawing of Bruce Wayne.

Good job Sideshow. Good job.

Doesn't look like any classic version of Batman and doesn't look like any drawing of Bruce Wayne.

Good job Sideshow. Good job.

Sideshow: Thank you for the compliment, please click the pre-order button in the link below.

Their DC and Marvel lines need new direction.

They have done some figures that I like a lot like Joker, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Lobo.

The rest like Superman and Batman I got them more because there is no other option for comic based figures. They could have been done a lot better, specialy superman who was ruined with the scrawny body they gave him. And what is funny is that they just needed to reuse the Batman body.

Many dumb decions on their part and prices that are not justified will be their own undoing.

This is a market. If you don't have a monopoly on it you better compete or GTFO.
Sideshow's prices on statues and figures are insane considering the inferior quality and ****ty QC.
The only reason why they do it is because people are dumb enough to pay them.

I'm not defending Sideshow... my points are applicable to pretty much every retail product from cars, to clothes, to even food. All I'm saying, is if pricing is being compared, it really should be between companies with similar structures... like Sideshow prices vs Big Chief Studio pricing.
And I love it when the suggestion is made that people who buy Sideshow are either dumb, stupid, or have bad taste. Just 'cause it's Sideshow doesn't mean it's crap, and just 'cause it's Hot Toys doesn't mean it's great. There are some that will spend a couple hundred on a custom headsculpt that doesn't look that great after a year or two, or several hundred on an older figure, just before a better, newer version comes out. People pay what a figure is worth to them. Doesn't make them dumb...

Back