SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on being at my computer tomorrow at noon (my time zone - central) to do the PPO for this Ep. II Obi-Wan! I just got in the Ep. III Obi-Wan, and I think he's great. I've already got "Old Ben" Kenobi from when he first came out, and love that one too. I think "sunohc's" custom Ep. I Obi-Wan head is incredible! So Sideshow once again has their work cut out if they make an Ep. I Obi-Wan. I think they will. Looks like they're going backwards in Obi-Wan's life. First they did the Ep. IV, then Ep. III, then Clone Wars General Obi-Wan, and now Ep. II Obi-Wan. The only one left is the Episode I "padawan learner" Obi-Wan! I'll get him too! :D

I've looked at the early gallery pictures of this Ep. II Obi-Wan and I really like what I see. I just wish he came with a second head like Indy did. A "wet head" Obi-Wan from Kamino when he fought Jango Fett outside in the rain would be a worthy exclusive item! Not one measly Kamino dart from Jango Fett Sideshow!

The best news of this figure, the saber's done, the boots are done, we are closer to finally having TPM Obi-Wan to complete the Duel of the Fates. For the sake of consistency, I almost hope a TPM Obi-Wan comes on the Buck in the usual style, just so he fits with Qui-Gon and Maul, a figure on the Pro will almost look too different, plus it'd be a shame if Obi-Wan were more articulated than Maul :lol

I agree. For the armored figs, droids, etc, it's fine. But for consistency's sake, the standard "human" releases and alien Jedi should stay with the Buck. However, I also think we're in the minority here.

I predict Irish will post a counter argument though..... :rotfl

I agree. For the armored figs, droids, etc, it's fine. But for consistency's sake, the standard "human" releases and alien Jedi should stay with the Buck. However, I also think we're in the minority here.

Sorry pal, I am posting before Irish.:D

I do think the new body is responsible for the many praises given to the Indy figure. Indy's posture seems to look more natural than figures before him.

Sorry pal, I am posting before Irish.:D

I do think the new body is responsible for the many praises given to the Indy figure. Indy's posture seems to look more natural than figures before him.

Did you read the posts in the discussion thread?! The praises are all about the headsculpts, outfit and accessories. And I wholly agree. But the Pro?! No. One of my favorite posts is where a freak compares Indy's looseness to that of a $5 whore. Everybody will tell you I'm one of the first people to jump up and defend Sideshow. But my Indy's on a TrueType. That should say it all. I'm sure if/when the kinks get worked out (like the floppy joints and narrow shoulders) he'll be fine. But until then, and believe me, it HURTS to say this :lol, I'd rather have the Buck.

I'm not saying that at all, the Buck needs to go, but for the sake of a more unified looking DOTF setup, I'd like TPM Obi-Wan in the same style Qui-Gon and Maul are in, basically let TPM Obi-Wan be the last and only Buck figure.

There is just no way to sugarcoat this: The Art S. Buck is a horrible, horrible body for what are supposed to be 1/6 "high-end" collectible figures. It's ill-proportioned and is nearly incapable of allowing many realistic poses. It's a freakin' 1/6 scale mannequin.

Because of this, figures on the Buck suffer and look like crap when posed next to to just about any other high-end 1/6 figure out there.

There are only a handful of SSC figures that are not frustratingly held back by being on that POS body. Gandalf, perhaps Old Ben... and of course, the Zombies (my God is it the perfect body for stiff dead people!)

Yet here we are with a head-scratcher: The latest DEAD figure on the Prometheus (pushing the price of those to uncharted waters... hence why he's yet to sell out maybe?)... yet Obi-Wan apparently on the body that should have been put out to pasture ages ago. :banghead

For as much as I still love them and enjoy a lot of their products, Sideshow never ceases to confound and step on logic.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered from forbiddenplanet.co.uk.

QUESTION: Is that one of the best places to pre order from in the UK?

Hope so! Either way, hope it's here for christmas!

Now just looking forward to the outcome of the priority pre order in a few hours, to see what's what.

Last edited:
There is just no way to sugarcoat this: The Art S. Buck is a horrible, horrible body for what are supposed to be 1/6 "high-end" collectible figures. It's ill-proportioned and is nearly incapable of allowing many realistic poses. It's a freakin' 1/6 scale mannequin.

Because of this, figures on the Buck suffer and look like crap when posed next to to just about any other high-end 1/6 figure out there.

There are only a handful of SSC figures that are not frustratingly held back by being on that POS body. Gandalf, perhaps Old Ben... and of course, the Zombies (my God is it the perfect body for stiff dead people!)

Yet here we are with a head-scratcher: The latest DEAD figure on the Prometheus (pushing the price of those to uncharted waters... hence why he's yet to sell out maybe?)... yet Obi-Wan apparently on the body that should have been put out to pasture ages ago. :banghead

"Bingo!"

Did you read the posts in the discussion thread?! The praises are all about the headsculpts, outfit and accessories. And I wholly agree. But the Pro?! No. One of my favorite posts is where a freak compares Indy's looseness to that of a $5 whore. Everybody will tell you I'm one of the first people to jump up and defend Sideshow. But my Indy's on a TrueType. That should say it all. I'm sure if/when the kinks get worked out (like the floppy joints and narrow shoulders) he'll be fine. But until then, and believe me, it HURTS to say this :lol, I'd rather have the Buck.

Aint that the truth! :rotfl:rotfl

2nd qtr seems a little late. No biggie to me as i will be getting it cheaper and not even bothering with PPO

Still getting him, but a very strange release.

Buck Body
Q2 2009 release :google
Bare minimum jedi accessories

I would think with the Buck and the minimalism of it and the recycled parts this would have been a quicker release. It seems to be the standard deal for SSC figures, which makes the lack of non-standard goodies with him a bit dissappointing.

One good thing to come out of it, i'm getting that ROTS Obi now, as this isn't coming for christmas.

Back