Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking room, Mamba. I didn't think the beech color would look that good.

I usually go with accuracy first but if both colors are accurate then white/grey is definitely better. It makes Conan and the wounds pop out more.

BTW someone asked about the sword and it seems to be planted in the ground behind the ape between his legs.

Pretty damn nice for a statue!

Nice display room. I like the sitting area.

Great looking room, Mamba. I didn't think the beech color would look that good.

Thank you guys, yeah I like beech color, it makes dust less visible.

It looks 1:5 scale to me guys... :monkey3

Maybe 1:5.5 :dunno, I guess it doesn't really matter this beast is HUGE.

Does this go up next week?

So you gonna break your "1/5 scale is fail" rule? :lol

Did you do that off the top of your head. Totally badass if so :D
I'm a Howard Conan junkie but I haven't picked them up in a few years and couldn't tell you which ape was where and what color they were (except Thank of course...)

With an animal species there are color ranges from light to dark.
I'm happy to say this pic is a gray ape.

I'm a bit of a Howard nut, particularly in regards to his fantasy/historical characters like Conan, Kull, Bran Mak Morn, Solomon Kane, Turlogh Dubh O'Brien, and also his Lovecraftian horror stories. But Conan has always been my number one favourite, and as such, I probably read through all the Howard Conan stories every two or three years or so. So yeah, having read the stories so many times, certain details, just as with certain repeated lines and turn of phrase, start to stick out more and get stuck in the brain I guess.

Anyway, definitely interested to see more of this piece...

I would get this but due to space issues and that there is no female sculpt on it that I have to pass on it :(

That seems to be my statue collecting philosophy as well. This is an excellent looking statue and I look forward to seeing in hand pics.

I'd say this dio is a major success. Why? Because I have no prior knowledge of Conan, and seeing this statue made me instantly want to delve deep into the stories. Just preordered a bunch of Sword of Conan anthologies, as well as the Roy Thomas Chronicles of Conan, and of course the original stories as well.

Well done, great sculpt!

Edit: My only worry is it'll make me want to hunt for The Prize dio as well

Last edited:
sxsVK.jpg

SvHE8.jpg

hRzHY.jpg

I0QSt.jpg

Oqm3e.jpg

OaWS2.jpg

V6KL8.jpg

ecVSd.jpg

xAgYo.jpg