SS 1:6 Commander Praji Imperial Officer Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of me thinks future imperials, at least prominents ones like General Veers and Admiral Piett may get just cloth only because it would be more important with them than Praji and background officers to get the portrait sculpt right and the cloth could go over almost any head where the hard plastic would proably only get used if they could recycle the mold like the hands. If they have to mold a new hat for each one, depending on how many officers they do, could be considered not worth it. THey like to surprise us though, so maybe they'll all get 2 hats.

I'd swap a plastic hat for removeable armour on Veers any day
:monkey3:monkey1
I see where ur coming from - but it would be a shame for any collectors who don't like the cloth hat - Well just have to wait and see:monkey3

I'd swap a plastic hat for removeable armour on Veers any day
:monkey3:monkey1
I see where ur coming from - but it would be a shame for any collectors who don't like the cloth hat - Well just have to wait and see:monkey3

I'm hoping a long wait because I hope the next Imperial we get is THE Imperial :)

tarkin.jpg

Part of me thinks future imperials, at least prominents ones like General Veers and Admiral Piett may get just cloth only because it would be more important with them than Praji and background officers to get the portrait sculpt right and the cloth could go over almost any head where the hard plastic would proably only get used if they could recycle the mold like the hands. If they have to mold a new hat for each one, depending on how many officers they do, could be considered not worth it. THey like to surprise us though, so maybe they'll all get 2 hats.
i think SS is gonna have to give both hats with every figure now because if they dont you'll get whining from both parties about how they perfer one or the other. can you imagine? whining? here?:lol

Been enjoyin' the stream of shots of Praji here...

Well, here's my image contribution of the Devastator Commander...
2402972406_af81fc5a36_o.jpg

It's great to see Sideshow on a roll with paint apps...he looks really good. With minimal futzing, the uniform is really well-done too. I agree with the comments about the need for "open" gloved hands. The included set are a little stiff for posing, but the sculpt on them looks great. On the hat issue...glad to have them both for the option, but my preference is the cloth one...it just looks more "uniform" (pardon the pun) looking with the rest of the outfit. While the plastic one is well sculpted, it is (as Sean points out) shiny looking compared to the cloth one.

And not to pull the old horse out of the ground regarding the body, but the Prometheus can't get here soon enough! The buck on this figure has really loose limbs (especially the arms) and I can't risk displaying this figure without a stand.

It's great to have the first Imperial officer in the Sideshow collection...I hope Tarkin is on the horizon soon...

Been enjoyin' the stream of shots of Praji here...

Well, here's my image contribution of the Devastator Commander...
2402972406_af81fc5a36_o.jpg
Nice shot, but somehow I feel a commander with a E 11 blaster Rifle has no class. Commanders have Stormtroopers to do the shooting for them. The blaster pistol will do if I pose my Praji.

Speaking of the pistol, I know it looks a little odd, but I'm surprised by the seeming shock over the fuzzy texture of the holster. It seems not that much different than Han or Luke's holsters other than those 2 had more holster material obscuring it where Praji's is showing more. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Nice shot, but somehow I feel a commander with a E 11 blaster Rifle has no class. Commanders have Stormtroopers to do the shooting for them. The blaster pistol will do if I pose my Praji.

But he IS a Stormtrooper. This is the uniform when not in Stormtrooper gear. In the field, he would be armored up, and be the Stormtrooper the others referred to as "Commander", and he would be armed, likely with an E11.

Speaking of the pistol, I know it looks a little odd, but I'm surprised by the seeming shock over the fuzzy texture of the holster. It seems not that much different than Han or Luke's holsters other than those 2 had more holster material obscuring it where Praji's is showing more. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Its not a lot difference, but the design of the holster doesn't cover it as well (like you said) but also I think the color of the holster being lighter and up against an almost solid black figure makes it stand out a bit more. But past the initial surprise I've not been bothered by it.

I like the holster, for me it adds to the militaristic feel of the figure and the blaster fits nice and snug and the magnet works really well.

Its not a lot difference, but the design of the holster doesn't cover it as well (like you said) but also I think the color of the holster being lighter and up against an almost solid black figure makes it stand out a bit more. But past the initial surprise I've not been bothered by it.

Well, the thing to remember is that the color is 100% screen accurate--they really did have holsters just like that! It's not too bright or anything, it's just like they wore them in the film. Check out the dudes in the sentry tower in ANH, the one who says "TK-421 why aren't you at your post?" etc. Watch him carefully and you'll see that his holster is just that color. I think it's actually really nice; it breaks up that monotony of black and white, and adds some visual depth to the ranks.

Back