1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't even venture into this yet...too soon. It's JJ, so my expectation level is "Into Darkness" low here. Remember, everyone loved his Star Trek reboot, then he did a 180 and made one of the prettiest unwatchable movies ever with it's sequel. Everyone fawned over TFA (not me) and now the question is...will he repeat his pattern here? The movie has got to be damned stellar to make me re-visit figures of these characters again. The classic big three are dead, it'll be interesting to see what's up with Lando in this (I hope it's not the variation of the bumble bee look he sported in "Solo") and there might be an interesting trooper or two.

But Rey, Kylo, Poe or Finn? Gotta see this movie before anything is ordered.

My concern about Lando is BDW's quite poor health. I'm just not sure he's going to be capable of doing much onscreen. If he had a cameo in TFA it might have been a bit better. Because I kind of entered SW with ESB, I loved Lando every bit as much as the "big three" heroes.

I liked Into Darkness also....its one of my favorite films that year.....

Fair enough...to each their own. I don't want to derail a thread about potential figures from EpIX with movie debates...we'll just agree to disagree :)

My concern about Lando is BDW's quite poor health. I'm just not sure he's going to be capable of doing much onscreen. If he had a cameo in TFA it might have been a bit better. Because I kind of entered SW with ESB, I loved Lando every bit as much as the "big three" heroes.

Lando is indeed an important part of SW - no one had the roguish charm down as well as BDW. I had no idea he was in poor health. Here's hoping JJ doesn't drop a door on him or something and that his contribution is a good one for the movie. Wishing BDW the best...he's one of the things I am looking forward to in the movie.

Lando was sort of a rouge, but he needs to be a ruined old man to complete the idea that all OT hero’s ended up in a bad place...

Maybe he will be in jail somewhere...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I've seen videos of him working out and getting in shape on Twitter, and he seems in pretty decent health to me. At least for someone in his 80s.

My friend spoke with him at a Con (I want to say maybe four years ago) and said he seemed almost completely deaf and seemed a bit senile and physically quite "fragile." My friend was a bit shocked (also a big BDW fan - he got pics. ) Hopefully it was just a bad day or jet lag or something. To have some of that old BDW magic in the new movie would be awesome.

Lando was sort of a rouge, but he needs to be a ruined old man to complete the idea that all OT hero’s ended up in a bad place...

Maybe he will be in jail somewhere...

Cell mates with his robot b*tch.:lol

If he had a cameo in TFA, it would have been kinda cool to see him hanging out in Maz’s cantina and encounter Han and Chewie again, and be introduced to Rey and Finn there. Plus, we could have gotten this line again:

ImportantMeanHoneycreeper-size_restricted.gif

I could not care less for Episode 9, but I think it's guaranteed HT will release a Rey, Kylo, Luke, and at least one FO Trooper. I don't think Poe is ever coming out. Thinking of moving him to the "Never Gonna Happen" section of my checklist. :lol
Never been more excited for a movie before than now. I cannot wait to see how everything plays out. I've loved everything so far and cannot wait to see the finale. However its a bit bittersweet considering this is probably the last skywalker film for the foreseeable future. I don't know if Pilot Poe is ever gonna happen. Perhaps they will go with the 9 outfit instead. Who knows.

Never been more excited for a movie before than now. I cannot wait to see how everything plays out. I've loved everything so far and cannot wait to see the finale. However its a bit bittersweet considering this is probably the last skywalker film for the foreseeable future. I don't know if Pilot Poe is ever gonna happen. Perhaps they will go with the 9 outfit instead. Who knows.

I've never really seen the ST as "Skywalker" films - I mean he's figurative ghost in the first film, a catfish ghost in the second and a literal ghost in the third. With a combined onscreen presence of probably 30-40 mins over the three films. Chewy probably handily beats him on that front.

I've never really seen the ST as "Skywalker" films - I mean he's figurative ghost in the first film, a catfish ghost in the second and a literal ghost in the third. With a combined onscreen presence of probably 30-40 mins over the three films. Chewy probably handily beats him on that front.

I only remember seeing him for a few seconds...:monkey3

Luke, Rey, and Kylo will have figures for sure. Probably a trooper or two and Poe as well. That will make it 6 figures. I don't know if HTs will dive deeper that that.

Luke, Rey, and Kylo will have figures for sure. Probably a trooper or two and Poe as well. That will make it 6 figures. I don't know if HTs will dive deeper that that.

After the absolute car crash of TLJ, I am not sure I even want to see this. Certainly not on opening night as I have the others.

I skipped Solo at the cinema, and I found it watchable after viewing at home. I would much prefer a sequal to that, explaining what happened to Qi'ra etc, than this dreadful trilogy.

I hope JJ can pull the ultimate 180 on this but his track record isn't great :/

I can't even venture into this yet...too soon. It's JJ, so my expectation level is "Into Darkness" low here. Remember, everyone loved his Star Trek reboot, then he did a 180 and made one of the prettiest unwatchable movies ever with it's sequel. Everyone fawned over TFA (not me) and now the question is...will he repeat his pattern here? The movie has got to be damned stellar to make me re-visit figures of these characters again. The classic big three are dead, it'll be interesting to see what's up with Lando in this (I hope it's not the variation of the bumble bee look he sported in "Solo") and there might be an interesting trooper or two.

But Rey, Kylo, Poe or Finn? Gotta see this movie before anything is ordered.
Maybe a repeat pattern of the Abrams-verse Trek films wouldn’t be so bad. First film was a pretty good crowd pleaser and fans were mostly satisfied. Second film wasn’t so great. Third film was better but didn’t have nearly the fanfare and underperformed but was well liked and is considered by many the best of the three. Abrams didn’t direct Star Trek: Beyond though, but he still produced it.

I think Disney and Abrams are both aware that a lot of fans feel The Last Jedi screwed the pooch so I imagine the last film will be pretty safe. It just has limited directions it can go in and ultimately I think killing off Luke already and drastically altering his character was a mistake many of us are never going to accept.

I don't see JJ trying to reverse or undo anything that happened in TLJ (since he was still a producer and signed off on everything Rian wanted to do), but I'm sure he and Kennedy will definitely try to make the final movie as fun and controversy-free as possible to win people back.

Which for me seems unfortunate, because I'd rather they continue taking the bold risks that Rian did with TLJ and not revert back to the safe and predictable route that TFA originally seemed headed on.

Now now....take your cynical SW pills and get to posting about how bad ST is or we take away your junior SW fan badge.....

Lol

I am with you man, I like ST and hope we get alot more SW before I die.

I don't see JJ trying to reverse or undo anything that happened in TLJ (since he was still a producer and signed off on everything Rian wanted to do), but I'm sure he and Kennedy will definitely try to make the final movie as fun and controversy-free as possible to win people back.

Which for me seems unfortunate, because I'd rather they continue taking the bold risks that Rian did with TLJ and not revert back to the safe and predictable route that TFA originally seemed headed on.
My take on that is there’s time and place to take more risks with a franchise like Star Wars and the Sequel Trilogy shouldn’t have been it. Especially when it’s the last time we’re going to see the big three legacy characters portrayed by the original actors and actress. Treating them (especially Luke) in a way that many of us (and Mark Hamill himself) didn’t agree with and found disrespectful was a poor judgement by Johnson, Kennedy, and Disney. Especially when there will undoubtedly be an infinite number of Star Wars films where risks can be taken crapping on the legacy characters that many of us waited years to see return, and especially when a lot of us were being won back from the Prequel Trilogy was really a short-sighted move.

I must admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed by the designs in the leak. Kylo Ren's outfit looks pretty much the same as TLJ. The only difference is that his new cape has a hood. I thought he would have a new look considering he's the new supreme leader of the First Order. Rey's outfit looks basically like a clean version of the scavenger outfit. The OT featured distinct looks for all the main characters, with the exception of Han Solo. His outfits were pretty much variations on the one from ANH. I hope there are more designs in the actual film.

Maybe if they do a Chewie figure for IX I'll get that. He and Lando is the only ones of the old crew still around.. but I expect him and Lando to do a heroic sacrifice crashing the Falcon into something big and bad before the credits roll with C3PO and R2D2 in the back, and with Mary Sure watching tearful from afar to really nail it in. Nothing against Daisy Ridely, shes doing great but boy does her character get a great wind carrying her forward rather then letting her do the hard climbs.. would likely been a better story if she did.

The possibilities they had with this trilogy and the fizzling farts it turned out to be in the fear of breaking studio formulas makes me realize how lucky we were that Lucas went his own way, making it up and failing (ie trying to write romance into episode II) as he did. Yes, I even forgive him for Jar Jar.. Maul balanced that out in episode I. :monkey3

Even if it was as predictable as gravity, Luke being a hero again in TLJ rather then a crushed bitter old man would have been a lot more fun, which it is all about in the end, but they had to be edgy about it.. its Star Wars, not a starter movie at an indie film festival you make as edgy and 180 turning as you can hoping it will open doors for you in the future with the big boys.

Back