Action Figure Speculation - Deadpool 2 Hot Toys Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's anyway they are going to make her so it's probably a moot point anyway :lol

I think we will be lucky if we got Cable... I feel like they would've teased him if he was coming. If he's not at Comic Con in July he's probably never going to happen.

I'm calling a Cable release this week ! :lol :lol Sure will never happen, but maybe, just maybe......

Such a huge missed opportunity not to do Cable. Seems to be requested by so many people. Maybe for the X Force film we will get one?

Cable would make such an interesting 1/6 figure: the magnetic bits for his weapon, the light up eye. But maybe those reasons alone gave HT pause: they'd have to engineer a bunch of things that would affect their bottom line, and it could take them a while compared to other projects that they can bang out quicker with less overall cost. Domino would be possibly cheaper to do than Cable, but no guarantee on sales.

Cable would make such an interesting 1/6 figure: the magnetic bits for his weapon, the light up eye. But maybe those reasons alone gave HT pause: they'd have to engineer a bunch of things that would affect their bottom line, and it could take them a while compared to other projects that they can bang out quicker with less overall cost. Domino would be possibly cheaper to do than Cable, but no guarantee on sales.

?? they do quite a bit of work with magnets, can't imagine that would mean a lot of "engineering". As far as the light up eye, the JL Superman will be a fresh experience for them probably soon into production. So doing "One Eyed Willy" should be a walk in the park.

Domino I think would be the most difficult simply because of the hair. How is that possible without it looking like a Troll-Doll ?

But knowing HT (and whatever licensing issues there are) we'll probably only get Deadpool Ver 2 anyway.

Every new figure requires some amount of "engineering". They have to make molds and JC has to set the paint template. They have to develop patterns for the clothing armor. They have to plan out how figures will get made in the factory. Etc etc etc.

Every new figure requires some amount of "engineering". They have to make molds and JC has to set the paint template. They have to develop patterns for the clothing armor. They have to plan out how figures will get made in the factory. Etc etc etc.

That’s true. But some figures require more. Cable would be on the high end. And some figures reuse a lot. cap, widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Loki have all reused bodies and heads. Iron man often reuses parts. Even weapons are often pulled from their military line of figures for reuse. Cable would be new head, body, paint, clothing, and weapon. Very few figures get that amount, and those that do are usually sure bets (Spider-Man) from easy licenses.

None of that means hot toys won’t do a cable (or say it’s a better chance they do him then not, but just a guess). Just that if they do it would be a minor miracle

Cable would be new head, body, paint, clothing, and weapon. Very few figures get that amount

Aside from stormtroopers, basically every single releases gets a head with paint, clothing, weapons, with most made solely for that release.

Bodies are built up too, so not all parts need to be changed. They could go the minimal work route and just do the cybernetic arm and then give him a headsculpt with a neck that has the cybernetic parts molded too it and a tight fitting shirt that covers his chest up to the neck and bam; you only need a new mold for the arm and the rest of the body parts are built up from other already. Even if they go all out and do the whole chest, that's only 2 more parts. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Aside from stormtroopers, basically every single releases gets a head with paint, clothing, weapons, with most made solely for that release.

Bodies are built up too, so not all parts need to be changed. They could go the minimal work route and just do the cybernetic arm and then give him a headsculpt with a neck that has the cybernetic parts molded too it and a tight fitting shirt that covers his chest up to the neck and bam; you only need a new mold for the arm and the rest of the body parts are built up from other already. Even if they go all out and do the whole chest, that's only 2 more parts. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Actually, most don’t get that much new. Black widow reused head and body and part of the tailoring. Cap had the same head for four figures and the mostly the same tailoring with minor changes, and same weapon for like 10 figures. Thor had the same body for like five figures, and the same head for a few and the same weapon for like 6 figures. Iron man had had reused heads and tooling. Vader had a lot of reused parts. Wonder women. Batman. Hawkeye. Hulk. Star lord. Gamora. All reused significant parts. Superman (mos/JL) lots of reused parts. Joker. Most figures reuse parts.

As you said, lots of figures share body tooling either entirely or partly. Cable is different in that he’s closer to Drax in body use then any fully clothed figure. Cable still requires all the tailoring or a normal figure, with the additional tooling of a drax. Throw in a unique headsculpt and weapons, which may not get reuses potential with the Disney-fox deal and this is a uniquely challenging figure.

I just want my ****ing Josh Brolin figure. It's fun at the moment. We don't have any previews of what is next. Anything could drop.

I've been patiently waiting. Surely it can't be, that for 2 Deadpool movies (which were both huge successes) we only get Deadpool twice from HT !!

I think we'll see a prototype Cable at SDCC. They can buy themselves more time that way, and keep the potential buyers interested.

But we'll see I guess.

s-l1600.jpg + HTY-902322-2.jpg

There’s a few custom sculpts that would work if hot toys doesn’t make one. 0234B1E1-58BE-45E3-B629-487FD6B257B1.jpeg

I agree. Looks pretty cool. His site has a bunch of pretty good sculpts as well

If we don't hear anything at SDCC, then is it pretty much safe to say that there won't be any other figures for DP2? I feel like they would have at least teased something at this point but who knows.

Back