Sovereign Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xander said:
what's his ebay handle?
I believe it was dreamntigers or something like that, I've dealt with him in the past and never had a problem either, really surprises me in all the contact I had had with him via e-mail that people have had as many issues as they have. Really too bad, his work was some of the best I've seen.

I think he had an auction on the bay yesterday

Last edited:
Yep, that his handle. I had been tempted to order one of his customs, but the stories I have read here about the spotty service have helped me change my mind.

I really want a Keaton Batman, but I just don't know if I could take a $150 gamble. So I passed. I'm sure another opportunity will present itself in time.

I waited forever for a copy of his Dead End batman head as I had gotten one before. I wanted to build my son one being as he liked mine so much. He never communicated, ignored emails and IM's, blamed his wife, may have even pretended to be his wife in IM's, then when I finally got it, its nothing like the first one. The head doesn't attach to the neck, it wasn't cast in black like the original so as to avoid paint scrapes, but in pink....basically useless.
Reminds me of a 6 letter word that everyone hates - ANDGOR

Darthrazz said:
Wasn't ANDGOR on Dave Letterman once or Leno? Did anything ever happen to that guy?

The Florida BBB has an extensive file on them and I know they were supposed to be investigated by other local authorities. Damn shame. They had great sculpts. I always wanted that Scott Bakula.

Ironman,

Joy and Tom Studios did the most notable headsculpts for Andgor. If I'm not mistaken, they did the Scott Bakula head. They just put up a new website and though there isn't much online just yet, you might want to ask them if any of their earlier portrait sculptures will be made available again. They did a killer Mace Windu too.

https://www.joyandtomstudios.com/index.html

Nick

Joy & Tom have integrity. They most likely wouldn't sell anything sculpted for another, even if the "another" is ANDGOR. Guess it won't hurt to wait and see.

I suddenly find myself in a strange position with this thread.

I have never had any dealings with Shawn before now. I have only ever admired his work, from afar, as I have always made for myself whatever it was that he has produced for sale, so I didn't have to rely on him for any figures....but I have always admired the quality of his work, and so far, his rep u tation.

Here's where this is strange for me. The Batman & Robin cowl sculpt I just did, for another buddy, is now in the possession of Shawn, for the producing of a Clooney Batman for that friend, and perhaps for others in future. I am happy to have sculpted it, and hope to get one back in return for my troubles. And, if Shawn ever sells Clooney Bats out there, I hope my name is mentioned as the cowl sculptor. I assume it will be.

Please note that I didn't directly collaborate with Shawn in this matter, but I am not embarrassed that it has taken this turn either, as I do respect his work. And, I hope, any criticisms of him that any of you may harbor, won't carry over to me as a result of this, should any figures come of it.

I don't think anyone will think less of you for it, Les. You were doing what you do best for a client. I do hope you and your work will be given the proper respect and credit.

Nick

Back