Sony Patents Gaming Ads That Will Pause Gameplay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sony just needs to quit dicking around with different ways of how they can make money off of an online service with ____ like this and the plus system and come to terms with the fact they just need to adopt the Live model and be over with it.

I agree. While I appreciate their trying to keep PSN free for as long as they did, the subscription model would really help in putting PSN on equal footing with XBL in terms of features, because right now, XBL kinda stomps all over PSN in almost every way.

Don't be surprised if Sonys next gen system requires you to be online in order to play anything.

I agree. While I appreciate their trying to keep PSN free for as long as they did, the subscription model would really help in putting PSN on equal footing with XBL in terms of features, because right now, XBL kinda stomps all over PSN in almost every way.

I wouldn't say stomps but does have a bit more to offer with the arcade and more entertainment streaming options.

One thing I do prefer with PSN over 360 is the fact that more adults use PSN. Having some juvenile who's balls haven't dropped yet talking about my mom all evening is not enjoyable. (yes I know there are mute options)

Sony just needs to quit dicking around with different ways of how they can make money off of an online service with ____ like this and the plus system and come to terms with the fact they just need to adopt the Live model and be over with it.

Yup. I've advocated on behalf of Sony for offering free online play, but if this is their end solution I'll gladly pay for ad-fee and improved PSN.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Ads, eh? Gives the lazy fat people a reason to actually go to the bathroom instead of filling bottles with piss during their gaming. :yess:

Ads are annoying. It makes no sense whatsoever to have them on console games. Streaming games like on Playstation Home, though, are a different story - it might actually work there.

I've thought for many years that theatrical movies would be moving more in this direction, considering you get gaudy product placement and long commercials prior to the beginning of the films. Surprised they haven't done so yet.

The creative guilds and unions in Hollywood are way too powerful and have too much pull with the MPAA. They would never allow that to happen, thankfully. Even if the studios and exhibitors were tempted to do this they know the result would be a full-on riot by the creative types (and some of them have a lot of sway on their own... Spielberg, etc). Never happen, lest they want to destroy the theatrical release model for good.

Back