So now we know -- what 12" NEXT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The elf part would be great. The female part...I'm not so sure of. SS can't seem to make a decent 1/6 female figure. Anna Valerius was out of proportion. Willow looked like a 30 year old housewife, and I thought Prophecy Buffy looked a bit like a crackwhore. I hope this trend ends cuz there are several great females to be done from this franchise. The first 2 figs are incredible looking.

Where was that hinted? Rumors can have very humble beginnings and grow to be huge ogres if we aren't careful.

Darklord Dave said:
Where was that hinted? Rumors can have very humble beginnings and grow to be huge ogres if we aren't careful.

The only thing I can think is what was said at this past ORC. Someone asked if we would see female characters in the 12-inch line (IIRC). And we were told that yes we would. To give us a better hint we were told it would be an elf. But no where was it said when this female elf would be released.

i would actually say gimli but due to the body issue he's out.

so i'll guess gandalf the grey or boromir.

What better way to debut a new body type, though!!! Give us Gimli, and show off the newly sized 1/6 scale figure, and Sideshow could debut a Jawa two pack for Star Wars, one using the new Gimli sized body and one using the new hobbit sized body!!! Then give us Hobbits!!! All of this is pure puffery, but it would be a nice way to show of the diversity of scale that both these lines require, rather than tease with a production body, just show us new figures in that scale!

I think it would be cool to get a not so heavyweight in fairly soon.

We know that Gandalf and Boromir and (once they get a body) the five main hobbits and Gimli should all be a total shoo-ins.

But what about Denethor, or Haldir? Or Eomer, or even Elrond?

With so many great characters, it will be hard to make them all, but there's little doubt all of the most important characters will happen no matter what.

So for me, I think it would be cool to see one of the more "obscure" characters, or even a Gondorian soldier, or an Uruk-Hai, or something like that.

The new "short" body is a must and is coming. I would think soon. Sideshow has too many lines now that require that little body.

Just for example:
Gimli and Hobbits
Jawas, Ewoks and little Anakin
John Connor for T-2

I'm doubting we'll get 8 this year. Aragorn is scheduled to be released for 3rd quarter and Legolas for 4th quarter! I can see there being maybe 2 more scheduled for 4th quarter that might go up for pre-order in like April, and then July (around the time of SDCC)...Just a guess...

Then I imagine we'll see 8 - 10 released in 2007, but with the 2 pre-orders already not scheduled to be released until the last half of the year, I wouldn't count on 8 for 2006...

:rolleyes:

I'm thinking we'll get maybe 4 more... 2 for this year release and 2 for next...

they will be... Boramir, Gandalf Grey, Faramir, and either.. Sauramon or one of the chicks.

We will not see Gimli or Hobbits... as they probably haven't figured out how to make them look good yet. :confused: maybe. :D

creature4000 said:
I'm thinking we'll get maybe 4 more... 2 for this year release and 2 for next...

they will be... Boramir, Gandalf Grey, Faramir, and either.. Sauramon or one of the chicks.

We will not see Gimli or Hobbits... as they probably haven't figured out how to make them look good yet. :confused: maybe. :D

I assume that we are going to get a lot more than two figures for next year... I assume that the figures for 2007 will start to ship in the first quarter and thus we should get at least 8 to 10 in 2007 or else, what is the point of getting the license for these figures???

However, it's this year that I am curious about... We already have two slated for third and fourth quarter of this year. I am curious to know how many will be released "this" year?

If I had to guess, I would say either two or three more.

Back