Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't posted in here, but I have to say I'm really, really impressed with this show. I don't I've ever seen a show where each episode is strong. The characters are consistent and interesting, the dialogue can be amusing and what's most important for a show like this - the monsters are actually fairly original and frequently scary. If I was a kid, I'd be eating this up and as a adult I can really appreciate how well it's done.

And I needs me a Horseman in 1/6 or PF.

YEEEES :drool:

And yes to all of your post too sir, all of it.

I don't I've ever seen a show where each episode is strong.

This is one of the strong points of Sleepy Hollow IMO. I've only seen up to 'Sanctuary' but so far, there hasn't been any episodes which was weak or filler-ish.

Tho I'm still a bit baffled as to
Spoiler Spoiler:

The holiday breaks really screwed me up with this and American Horror. I began to forget some of the more recent plots smh. From what I remember, that hasn't truly been resolved all the way yet. Well, actually, your specific question I do believe gets answered in the next episode (with the Gollum I believe). But there is still a lot of unanswered points there.

Awesome episode! Loved the twist and didn't see it coming. Looking forward to seeing what's up next fall. If they have a panel at SDCC I may try to get in.

Goddamnit cliffhanger :lol

Btw the monster was cool looking :lol

Kid_Buu_Budokai_3.png

don't know what's worse or better: chicken legs or booty, lol. and of course I missed the current episode.

I'm so confused lol

Very nice finale. Kind of glad it didn't break out in full-fledged war of the apocalypse because than next season would probably feel a bit underwhelming.

oh, oh, oooo, scary! last one's a shocker.

anyway, that flimsy wooden escape door got to be a mistake right? I mean GW was buried in this elaborate stone tomb and a secret pathway was sealed by a nice clean wood door? I suppose it lasted well over a century; neither rain nor wind nor temperature can chip away at this wood escape way cause there's an impervious spell that kept it from rotting away. hehehe

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thought it was great.

Any Angel fans here?

I just realized how similar the season finale of Sleepy Hollow was to the finale of Angel Season 3.

Angel: Angel's son, Connor is rapidly aged to adulthood via mystical element (time travel)
Sleepy Hollow: Icahbod's son, Jeremy is rapidly aged to adulthood via mystical element (deal with Molock)

Angel: Angel's son, Connor imprisons him in a coffin and dumps him alive at sea.
Sleepy Hollow: Icahbod's son Jeremy imprisons him in a coffin and buries him alive.

Angel: Main love interests Angel and Cordelia (demon with powers) are split up (Cordelia taken by the Powers that Be)
Sleepy Hollow: Main love interests Icahbod and Katrina (witch with powers) are split up (Katrina taken by Headless Horseman)

Not meant to be a bash on Sleepy Hollow at all. In fact, maybe this is part of why I like the show so much. It is easily my favorite new show of 2013.

Wow, finally just had a chance to watch this! Oh man oh man! That's how you do a finale! That's how you do a first season, actually. I love, love, love that this was only 13 episodes. The way they tied everything together at the end... and that reveal(!)... it made perfect sense but totally took me by surprise.

Some thoughts overall for the first season:

1.) I really like Capt. Irving, but I can't help but feel that he gets stuck in some slightly boring b-stories
2.) I hope Katrina gets fleshed out in season 2 because she's pretty much just a non-character in need of rescuing/pining for. Which I don't mind, and is understandable given the format of the series so far. But something does need to be done with her in season 2
3.) John Noble = amazing, and I hope we see more of him.
Spoiler Spoiler:

4.) John Cho. I could honestly never see him again and be okay. I just never got that into what he brought. However,
Spoiler Spoiler:

5.) Jenny, who I hated at first, is such a great character to me now. Good job, writers!
6.) Ichabod and Abbie are just so great together, but I hope the writers NEVER EVER make the mistake of moving them beyond friends.

Think I'm done with this show.

Some really great monster designs and story lines but overall the whole thing feels too cheap/shoddy IMO. I'm surprised at how many of you seem to enjoy the show, especially Abbie and Ichabod's relationship. I don't think they have much chemistry at all and the "good ol' family-friendly" dialogue between the two of them is cringe-worthy at times.

Cue ragestorm. :lol

Back