Media SILENT HILLS by Hideo Kojima & Guilleromo Del Toro - Starring Norman Reedus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they've put their resources towards other things besides games - like health and fitness. And the CEO wants Konami to get involved in gambling...

Anyway, since the game isn't happening, we should probably get this thread locked :lol. It's just a depressing reminder of Kojima's brilliant project, that never got off the ground.

Yeah, no kidding, he always gets screwed in the end, whenever he wants to do any sort of IP. Remember when "Guy Savage" was teased in MGS 3? Or, the axing of ZOE 3 a few years ago? The man can't get a break.

I hope he's able to form his own company, and perhaps, even create a spiritual successor to "Silent Hills". This game just had so much potential, and videos I've seen of P.T were jaw-droppingly horrific.

That's what I'm hoping for, I don't care if it's not called Silent Hills, just make me **** my pants like that PT demo did.

I'd love Kojima to star over in a sort of indie way, with complete creative control outside of MGS, can't even imagine what he'd do.

That's what I'm hoping for, I don't care if it's not called Silent Hills, just make me **** my pants like that PT demo did.

I'd love Kojima to star over in a sort of indie way, with complete creative control outside of MGS, can't even imagine what he'd do.

Same. He can make Silent Hills but just rename it to something else. While I would love to see him do Silent Hills, the excitement was Kojima's take on horror. Call it PT2.......lol

I wonder what companies are looking to scoop him up. I'd guess he would go with either Capcom or Square since they're Japan based.

I expect Sony Japan to scoop him up. They're the best option for everyone cause they got the money and they let people be creative as they want! If Konami really leaves the business they could sell off their IPs and Sony may even buy alot of the goodstuff.

Square and Capcom don't value their talent and haven't handled theyre products that well. Although Square is improving.

Wherever he goes, he'll stay in Japan. That's certain. In a dream world, Konami would sell Silent Hill and MGS to Naughty Dog :lol

I think MGS needs to rest in peace now :lol. But, can you imagine ND at the helm of a horror game? They already did such a masterful job with TLOU, and it would be awesome to see them tackle supernatural horror for a change.

I think MGS needs to rest in peace now :lol. But, can you imagine ND at the helm of a horror game? They already did such a masterful job with TLOU, and it would be awesome to see them tackle supernatural horror for a change.

TLOU was a horror game of sorts...I dunno man, end of the world is about as horror as it gets....

TLOU was a horror game of sorts...I dunno man, end of the world is about as horror as it gets....

Absolutely not, dude :lol. You should seriously play Fatal Frame, Siren, or any of the old Silent Hill games. Supernatural horror is on a whole other level of its own. While there is apocalyptic horror from a zombie infection, the settings are always grounded in "reality". In other words, you know what to expect in terms of physics and the environment. You know that the skies wouldn't rain blood, ghosts wouldn't materialize from the ether, objects wouldn't levitate by themselves, and the fears of your subconscious would never actually become a living, breathing reality.

TLOU did have some horror elements, but you really can't compare it to the potential that P.T had. Supernatural horror games are meant to appeal to the basest form of human fear, and that's fear of the unknown; coupled with transitioning to a different plane of existence, with entities that don't belong in this world.

Oh I have, and yeah I understand......TLOU was not horror per se. Not on the level of SH, but, I wonder if that's as close as they are gonna get. Would love to be wrong

Indeed it does. I just saw a thing on FB, that you can't redownload it like we all thought. If it's gone, it's GONE.

:( this demo had more atmosphere and was far scarier than a lot of full games. I never did beat the demo only got as far as when you see the ghost on the second floor.

It definitely doesn't hold your hand on completing it. I had to refer to a guide to finally finish it.

Back