Statue Sideshow Terminator 2 Battle Damaged T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what to do, haven't opened mine up yet , but after seeing these pics i am on the fence with this one . maybe sending # 22 back before opening. from the looks i think i like enterbay better but i do like having a statue instead. Based on previous terminator statues they don't seem to hold there value either.

You either spend $400 now or just pick one up in a year or two for half the price and use that money for something you really like more. You know theres going to be a ton of these up for sale and the ex isnt really a must have. Ill be picking up one for myself later on.

This does look better in recent photos and I can see the head has potential. I think sideshow need to move away from Polystone and start using the same material as blitzway. At least with the heads. I get that some people don't like figures but I am lucky that I feel that I can pose a figure and leave it in that same pose for ever and treating it like it is a statue. Only other thing I don't like is the damage and exposed chest is too low. Maybe when this is on ebay for £120 I might pick it up.

Don't think the price will rise but i also think the price will never be half

Yea, those people are dreaming if they think this will sell for near half price. This is a lot nicer than it is getting credit for. It does have some issues, but overall my initial impression was much better than expected when I opened mine today.

I don't know what to do, haven't opened mine up yet , but after seeing these pics i am on the fence with this one . maybe sending # 22 back before opening. from the looks i think i like enterbay better but i do like having a statue instead. Based on previous terminator statues they don't seem to hold there value either.

There you are Thunderlips,thought you might have gotten your and sent it back or cancelled your order. Honestly man, for some reason no matter what photos are taken or even videos of this figure none appear to give it justice. Up close photos,especially HD, it exposes the imperfection of polystone,which is not pretty, something that is not seen on EB's figure. The thing is, to the naked eye the paint color imperfections seen in photos along with the sculpt flaws are not really there. Unless you going to look at it with a magnifying glasses everything time then yes you will see perhaps not such a favorable figure. Same thing with Enterbay's figure. You leave it in a glass case,don't repose it leave it like a "statue" and you will not get the feeling of touching,seeing,or having a doll. So, it comes down to preference. You want a statue this is a great statue of The Terminator 2 in hand? This is it. Open it and see! You want a great representation of Arnold in plastic form? Enterbay is the way to go. IMO, you can't go wrong with either,really. However, give the figure in hand a chance,open it and let your own "in hand"personal tell you what to do. People here in this forum already said you can return if not satisfied, so what the heck open it and see fly yourself!

Best of luck and happy collecting!

Max P.

One more thing, noticing that even some of harshest critics of this statue how ordered and opened it are keeping theirs so that got to account for something if you are truly going to base your decision on others opinion.

Yea, those people are dreaming if they think this will sell for near half price. This is a lot nicer than it is getting credit for. It does have some issues, but overall my initial impression was much better than expected when I opened mine today.

Yeah, your right! This is a Terminator franchised statue and it will never be cheaper. The reg version will be a little higher or almost the same with the EX coming in much higher, I believe. Only way you are getting this one cheaper is if order it from EBay get it say something is wrong with it and demand a hundred off or you will be filing a claim move. If that is the case you as a collector suck! But I don't think we have those type collectors here in this forum :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, your right! This is a Terminator franchised statue and it will never be cheaper. The reg version will be a little higher or almost the same with the EX coming in much higher, I believe. Only way you are getting this one cheaper is if order it from EBay get it say something is wrong with it and demand a hundred off or you will be filing a claim move. If that is the case you as a collector suck! But I don't think we have those type collectors here in this forum :)
Well, the regular you could probably get some money off, but I don't see it ever going below $300 even on eBay for a "used" one in a few years.

I got mine. It's aight.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 719
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 709
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 728
I don't know what to do, haven't opened mine up yet , but after seeing these pics i am on the fence with this one . maybe sending my EX # 22 back before opening. from the looks i think i like enterbay better but i do like having a statue instead. Based on previous terminator statues they don't seem to hold there value either.

Real simple. Open it. If you don't like it, send it back. Why you trust total strangers to make a decision for you, makes no sense.

I know it's not film accurate but I wish he still had his left arm... I think I would get it if it did. I think the missing arm looks goofy (just like it did in the film :) )

Just see pictures of this on FB. I don't collect Terminator because I can only just about afford to follow the Marvel & DC line's but this looks really nice. I love Terminator, if I could afford to buy into other lines, this I would definitely buy

Congrats to all who is getting this :)

I know it's not film accurate but I wish he still had his left arm... I think I would get it if it did. I think the missing arm looks goofy (just like it did in the film :) )

Lol yeah it did look a bit goofy, u could always kinda tell Arnie had his arm stuffed in a sling under his jacket

The Regular will hold its value? Crazy talk!

I hope it doesn't because I want this, just not worth the retail price for me personally.

Yeah some of these terminator pieces just don't budge in their value, what I like to do though is collect things coz I dig em not coz they might go up in value lmao its a new concept.

There's lots of speculators on here :lol
Buying what you love is advisable.

I don't love this but I've been after a statue to display next to the Bust for years.
As I said, looking back shows how far the portrait likeness has progressed.

... I think it's because the cloths are not form fitted... They have to be made a tad too big so you can move the figure.

My apologies, sir, but I would disagree on this part. I think that's not true at least comparing the clothing on the PF and EB's BD T800. Borrowing BurningRage's photo to show that the sleeves and pants on the PF look baggier than EB's.

attachment.php

10682334_10152354931151592_204529314593862488_o.jpg

My apologies, sir, but I would disagree on this part. I think that's not true at least comparing the clothing on the PF and EB's BD T800. Borrowing BurningRage's photo to show that the sleeves and pants on the PF look baggier than EB's.

This new terminator does have baggy clothing yet it still has a more realistic look IMO...

A while ago I tried to figure out what it was about the EB figures that just looked like giant dolls to me. I don't want then too... I would love to get one because the sculpts are great... At the time I compared it with the original T2 PF and the T1 PF... Both pieces had clothing that were almost sculpted onto the figure. The T1 pants are basically sculptures themselves... I think the EB and HT figures end up looking doll like because they are made to move and be, for lack of a better word, played with. Again no insult to the EB... They are very nice... I have been tempted more then once. But I look at the pieces and they give that doll like feel.

I had the EB and now have the SS version. The EB looked great, but it was just a Ken doll with an Arnold face and gear. I really disliked the body on it and having to attach it to lame stand to keep it upright. I don't miss it at all. I like the new SS T-800 so much better, and the difference between the two, is up to individual interpretation. I prefer the SS version.

IMO, from now to infinity... Statues > Dolls...every time.

Back