Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to re-watch this tonight on blu ray. It was awesome. I thought it was much better than I remembered when I first saw it in the theater.

Sure it was over the top at times but I really like what they did with the story. I like how they showed Superman struggle even as a kid with finding where he belonged all the way to the end when he killed Zod and the frustration with having to do so. Normally he would have run but when Lois hugged him it made all the difference.

Its funny how perceptions can change when you come back to a movie with no expectations, relaxed on your sofa, with nothing to do or anyone to talk to.

Since this is pushed back to May, I finally pulled the trigger! First PF!!!! :panic: :panic: :yess:

I already half expect the paint on the head to be less than desirable, but SSC better get the suit and cape perfect!

Since this is pushed back to May, I finally pulled the trigger! First PF!!!! :panic: :panic: :yess:

I already half expect the paint on the head to be less than desirable, but SSC better get the suit and cape perfect!

Not happy with what you see now? I think it looks better than the Hot Toys one as the red on that is bright red whereas this looks like a darker shade of red which is more accurate to the film. Only thing main thing they should improve is making the S shield metallic looking because that's how it looked in the movie.

Not happy with what you see now? I think it looks better than the Hot Toys one as the red on that is bright red whereas this looks like a darker shade of red which is more accurate to the film. Only thing main thing they should improve is making the S shield metallic looking because that's how it looked in the movie.

I love it as it is, I just hope they retain it 100% to production, hence "perfect." :D
The superior costume and build of this PF are the main reasons why I'm getting this despite having ordered the HT figure already.

P.S. They could also make the 'Hope' shield a bit larger; won't cry if they don't though.

I love it as it is, I just hope they retain it 100% to production, hence "perfect." :D

Oh ok so basically u don't want any changes at all?

The superior costume and build of this PF are the main reasons why I'm getting this despite having ordered the HT figure already.

So you don't think the build on the Hot Toys one is as accurate as the build on this PF? :huh

Last edited:
Oh ok so basically u don't want any changes at all?

So you don't think the build on the Hot Toys one is as accurate as the build on this PF? :huh

I have no significant problems with the PF suit.

Yeahp, the HT body seems a bit off (still chubbier than how I remember him in the movies)
but, then again, it's a drastic improvement from HT's first proto.

Also, the shield appears to be metallic in some of the pics of the repainted PF proto.

300351-man-of-steel-superman-004.jpg

That just looks so wonderful.. :drool :drool

I have no significant problems with the PF suit.

Yeahp, the HT body seems a bit off (still chubbier than how I remember him in the movies)
but, then again, it's a drastic improvement from HT's first proto.

Really? I thought it looked perfect but maybe it is still just a tad too puffy looking. :dunno

Also, the shield appears to be metallic in some of the pics of the repainted PF proto.

300351-man-of-steel-superman-004.jpg

That just looks so wonderful.. :drool :drool

The S symbol looks like a darker color red like maroon in that pic but the S shield overall doesn't look metallic like this though.

manofsteel_zpsf0dbb793.jpg

b1c500bf98ea6f40a2e2045ead7d06b2_zps27d87ad6.jpg

Also I think the yellow should be a bit darker kinda.

Last edited:
Really? I thought it looked perfect but maybe it is still just a tad too puffy looking. :dunno

Looking at the figure again, I may just be nitpicking. :lol It doesn't help that the cape is puffing out at the shoulders.

The S symbol looks like a darker color red like maroon in that pic but the S shield overall doesn't look metallic like this though.

Also I think the yellow should be a bit darker kinda.

Oh I see what you mean now. I'd also prefer something more to that color, albeit a more toned down sheen.

Looking at the figure again, I may just be nitpicking. :lol It doesn't help that the cape is puffing out at the shoulders.

Yeah I mean it wasn't until u said anything that I had another look at again and thought maybe you have a point because I didn't think the body looked too big at all.

Oh I see what you mean now. I'd also prefer something more to that color, albeit a more toned down sheen.

Ah it's not that big of a deal, I am nit picking, I think the color is close enough. :eek:

I've only been collecting PF's since last year. Has other statues taken this long to reveal the ES?

Has it been said why the head sculpt on this has a huge seam?

Been thinking about it too :lol Maybe just easier to sculpt a face/hairstyle when it's separated like that.

I've only been collecting PF's since last year. Has other statues taken this long to reveal the ES?

From what I gather from previous posts, this is the PF next in line to get an ES.
All the other PFs that went up for order after this also don't have an ES yet, while all the ones that went up for PO earlier, already have.

Do you mean from the DC line because I ordered the Red Sonja Pf after this one and it's got an ES. Same with Queen of the Dead.

Back