Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen this guys and from what I saw from the vid I love it! :love it's just like the saying goes....you wait forever for the bus and then 2 come along at once! You can say this about the 2 Superman PF's! Even though I have the comic Superman PF EX on Pre order, I'm definately getting this too! :yess: look forward to seeing it at next months SDCC

Don't forget the CR PF and a possible Alex Ross statue as well... That is a lot of Superman

Just seen this guys and from what I saw from the vid I love it! :love it's just like the saying goes....you wait forever for the bus and then 2 come along at once! You can say this about the 2 Superman PF's! Even though I have the comic Superman PF EX on Pre order, I'm definately getting this too! :yess: look forward to seeing it at next months SDCC

Don't forget the Reeve Superman as well. That's three.

Superman looks awesome. And I'm still not super crazy about the costume from the little I've seen of it. I'm waiting on the movie to really see it.

The only negative about this whole thing is that sometimes Sideshow does these early previews/fast tracking of statues before a movie is released or during a movie's release. I only wish they did this for TRON Legacy and Quorra or an Avengers Black Widow.

Why is it no one mentions the neck joint looks like it will be visible on this figure? That would totally kill my interest in this.

Superman looks awesome. And I'm still not super crazy about the costume from the little I've seen of it. I'm waiting on the movie to really see it.

I wasn't crazy about it initially (and I really don't dig the Jim Lee design). To me it looked even sillier without red in the middle trunk area to balance the figure out.
But the more I see it, the more I warm up to it. 'New' can be off putting, but it can also be invigorating.

If the movie is as solid as it looks to be, we better get used to it, because this is going to be the defacto look of the character from here on out. Little kids today are going to look at this as the one true Superman, the way my generation looked at Reeve.

And to be perfectly honest, as much as I love the original Donner film, and enjoyed Reeve, Cavill looks much more like my image of an ideal Superman (which is a lot like Neal Adams drew him in back in the early and mid 70's). Never thought when I pre-ordered the PF that I would be tempted by a non traditional version of the costume, but I am with this.

Don't forget the Reeve Superman as well. That's three.

The only negative about this whole thing is that sometimes Sideshow does these early previews/fast tracking of statues before a movie is released or during a movie's release. I only wish they did this for TRON Legacy and Quorra or an Avengers Black Widow.

Don't forget the CR PF and a possible Alex Ross statue as well... That is a lot of Superman

Good points guys, completely forgot about the Reeves PF...if I'm honest I'd rather pick the Reeves PF over the Man of Steel PF.

Anyone got any ideas when we're likely to see the Reeves PF?

Regardless of how the movie turns out ( I will see it ), I'll be passing on this. I Just don't collect movie statues of comic characters in general. I LOVED Batman Begins and the Dark Knight but won't be adding any Bale Batmans to my collection. I usually go for only the classic comic versions of the characters I like. The comic PFs of Bats and Supes look so good that I am more than content with them representing those characters in my collection.

That all said, this movie version look spot on to the actor. The cloth on this piece also looks stellar. Very impressive looking piece overall.

If this ships second quarter next year, I most certainly will consider it. Already getting the comic version, which I love. Don't know yet if I want 2 versions. This is a beauty though.

Wow, this looks potentially awesome. I never buy comic movie PFs, but being that i have an unhealthy obsession with supes, this may change things.

sideshow-superman-man-of-steel-9-599x800.png

Back