• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sideshow Super Sale Extraveganza!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbolt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thanks Freaks for making my sale a whopping success! Going to suspend sales operations at the moment and try to catch up!

X-Force Deadpool PF $385-Sold

Lobo and Dawg PF $750-Sold

Gambit PF $700-Sold

Wolverine Original PF $400-Sold

Hawkeye PF $300-Sold

Jean Grey EX PF $350-sold

Storm PF $300-sold

Obi Wan Kenobi Mythos $600-Sold

Harley Quinn EX PF $450-sold

Crimson Baroness $250 gun arm repaired-sold

Punisher EX PF $375-sold

Last edited:
Anyone else get a sudden refund? I bought and paid for Hawkeye and was told it would ship the next day. When I inquired the next night why I never got shipping info I got a sudden refund and told he didn't have the box. I told him I didn't need the box and he could just bring the statue to UPS and have them package, insure and ship it, but Tbolt refused to do so. Whole thing seemed fishy since he supposedly needs to get rid of the statue, and having UPS package and insure will ensure he gets his money so I asked if he simply got a better and sold to someone else and got ignored. Just wondering if anyone had this experience?

Having them package it will be expensive plus from the times I have used them(of course will vary with each location) they did a pi$$ poor job and the stuff arrived damaged anyway

Having them package it will be expensive plus from the times I have used them(of course will vary with each location) they did a pi$$ poor job and the stuff arrived damaged anyway

Thats the nice thing about using them, granted you want it to arrive safely, but if it doesn't you are not out anything because they refund you the value you insured it for and the cost of packaging and shipping. As a seller there is really no way to lose, especially if your buyer understands the risks and is willing to offset the costs.

Thats the nice thing about using them, granted you want it to arrive safely, but if it doesn't you are not out anything because they refund you the value you insured it for and the cost of packaging and shipping. As a seller there is really no way to lose, especially if your buyer understands the risks and is willing to offset the costs.

UPS packaging is absolutely horrible, they are clueless how to package those heavy statues. There is no magic all they do is wrap them in bubble wraps and peanuts, which always arrive broken. Key is to secure the statue so it doesn't move during shipping and also to protect fragile points so there is no pressure on them, UPS won't do any of that, they are as much a professional packaged as I am pro NFL..

Claim goes through the same UPS process which is another shtshow. The dude probably did you a big favor, unless you enjoy wasting time dealing with UPS claim processing.

UPS packaging is absolutely horrible, they are clueless how to package those heavy statues. There is no magic all they do is wrap them in bubble wraps and peanuts, which always arrive broken. Key is to secure the statue so it doesn't move during shipping and also to protect fragile points so there is no pressure on them, UPS won't do any of that, they are as much a professional packaged as I am pro NFL..

Claim goes through the same UPS process which is another shtshow. The dude probably did you a big favor, unless you enjoy wasting time dealing with UPS claim processing.

I bought an Art Department Predator statue from a guy in Canada. We used UPS' packaging service and....you guessed it the statue arrived broken. It really stung, because I am a huge Predator fan and Art Department only made 50 of these Predator Statues. After emailing UPS pictures of everything they requested I am waiting word on their verdict which is weird, because I thought it was a guaranteed payout if it arrived broken. My fear is UPS sees the pictures and states the packaging was up to standard and I am trying to scam them somehow. Unlikely, since the payout does not go to receiver, but the shipper.

I bought an Art Department Predator statue from a guy in Canada. We used UPS' packaging service and....you guessed it the statue arrived broken. It really stung, because I am a huge Predator fan and Art Department only made 50 of these Predator Statues. After emailing UPS pictures of everything they requested I am waiting word on their verdict which is weird, because I thought it was a guaranteed payout if it arrived broken. My fear is UPS sees the pictures and states the packaging was up to standard and I am trying to scam them somehow. Unlikely, since the payout does not go to receiver, but the shipper.

I have packaged and shipped around 20 or so boxless statues in the last ten years and had two broken. One was a $200 Bowen Rhino and the other a $1000 custom 1/2 scale Batman statue. Both times UPS paid the claim in under two weeks. For the Batman statue they only wanted pictures and let the buyer keep the statue. In both cases I had to provide proof of the sale and some EBay listings showing similar prices I sold it for. It definitely wasn't enjoyable to have to deal with, but it wasn't difficult and ironically I ended up making more in the Batman statue because of it. I got back the $1000 the seller paid me and the $120 shipping/packaging fee I paid UPS.

What's most frustrating about all of this is I was watching an EBay listing for the same Hawkeye statue and passed on bidding because I had already bought and paid for this one. Now my money is frozen in PayPal pending the refund and I missed out on the auction. :banghead

I have the statue, not the box.

Still not interested in selling it loose.

Sorry you missed out on an ebay sale CSI. I refunded it immediately once I realized I was missing the box.

Had no idea this thread had any commentary. I sold, shipped, and forgot this existed. I would much rather buy than sell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back