Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those that are accepting the $20 credit should really do your part and write them a scathing email to let them know how you feel. I just did my part.

Hi Daniel,

Alright I'll take the $20 credit and the base but know that I'm still not satisfied that this is the stance that Sideshow is taking. A $20 refund doesn't even cover the amount of tax that I paid on this statue to accept what I and many other people find a defective statue, it should be at lease a $50 refund for something that costs over $400 as I have recieved better compensation for lesser valued statues before from you in the past. I know you're just doing your job and it probably sucks to hear it from customers like me, but I hope Sideshow Collectibles puts more resources into quality control as well to prevent more customer dissatisfaction or end up losing long time customers who've invested significant amount of capital in your company permanently.

Yes, but you accepted the $20. So they know in the future this is an ok practice to get away with. So what if they get a few angry emails..They still know people will cave in and accept the $20 or possibly lower amount in the future.

If Sideshow was sending me another body I sure as hell wouldn't smash it as they ask. :slap I would repair it and put it up on Ebay as repaired to get some of my money back. Sideshow is diggin' their own graves with the BS they are pulling.

If Sideshow was sending me another body I sure as hell wouldn't smash it as they ask. :slap I would repair it and put it up on Ebay as repaired to get some of my money back. Sideshow is diggin' their own graves with the BS they are pulling.

If SSC requests you to smash it, and you don't, they will charge you for an extra body. They want photo proof of it after you receive your replacement.

Here are picture before and after......

BEFORE

rhino1.JPG

rhino2.JPG

AFTER

rhino repair.JPG

Cool write up, I was thinking about doing this over the weekend myself.

If SSC requests you to smash it, and you don't, they will charge you for an extra body. They want photo proof of it after you receive your replacement.

Would love to see someone take the body to a basketball court and shoot freethrows untill it breaks. Touch football, soccer, anything just record it and show the rest of us.

Didn't they usually do this before sending out the replacement? And they aren't charging anything if the card is cancelled.....

Last edited:
If you get some J-B Weld SteelStik Epoxy putty it matches perfectly as the cracks are in a groove, and it cures Dark Gray in color. Home Depot carries it in the paint section @ $5.98. You have to work quickly, mix small amounts and do one crack at a time as it sets up in 5 minutes and cures in an hour. I just kneaded the 2 parts together, rolled it to a size that will fit in the groove, pushed it into the cracks in the grooves with my fingers and a toothpick, then scraped the excess off with the toothpick. You can't even tell where the repairs were made. No painting needed.

As far as the weak magnetics in the head, I just used two 1/2" x 1/32" Neodymium disc rare earth magnets to really strengthen the magnetic bond. I bought mine off of Ebay as I could not find them locally. I figured out the gap between the head and body magnets by cutting up one of those refrigerator magnets and placing pieces between the two magnets to make sure they would not create a gap in the neck area. All this was under 10 bucks. Hope this helps guys

Nice post. Cheap fix and no skill required. Much better than having to part with an awesome statue.

Didn't they usually do this before sending out the replacement? And they aren't charging anything if the card is cancelled.....

If you cancel your card, you are essentially cancelling your account. They are basically tied together. SSC will want their money one way or another if they send you a replacement and ask you to destroy a piece. If you refuse and cancel your card they can shut down your account. I only had to destroy one piece. They asked me to do it within a certain time frame of receiving the replacement. I think it was 2 weeks.

If you get some J-B Weld SteelStik Epoxy putty it matches perfectly as the cracks are in a groove, and it cures Dark Gray in color. Home Depot carries it in the paint section @ $5.98. You have to work quickly, mix small amounts and do one crack at a time as it sets up in 5 minutes and cures in an hour. I just kneaded the 2 parts together, rolled it to a size that will fit in the groove, pushed it into the cracks in the grooves with my fingers and a toothpick, then scraped the excess off with the toothpick. You can't even tell where the repairs were made. No painting needed.

As far as the weak magnetics in the head, I just used two 1/2" x 1/32" Neodymium disc rare earth magnets to really strengthen the magnetic bond. I bought mine off of Ebay as I could not find them locally. I figured out the gap between the head and body magnets by cutting up one of those refrigerator magnets and placing pieces between the two magnets to make sure they would not create a gap in the neck area. All this was under 10 bucks. Hope this helps guys

That sounds promising. Thanks for the tip. :hi5:

If you cancel your card, you are essentially cancelling your account. They are basically tied together. SSC will want their money one way or another if they send you a replacement and ask you to destroy a piece. If you refuse and cancel your card they can shut down your account. I only had to destroy one piece. They asked me to do it within a certain time frame of receiving the replacement. I think it was 2 weeks.

There are ways around all that.... The way Sideshow is going it wouldn't be a big loss. Their Customer Dis-service in handling this Rhino debacle is a big FU to many loyal customers. :gah:

That sounds promising. Thanks for the tip. :hi5:

You're Welcome!

Last edited:
There are ways around all that.... The way Sideshow is going it wouldn't be a big loss. Their Customer Dis-service in handling this Rhino debacle is a big FU to many loyal customers. :gah:

Don't get me wrong. I don't have any problems with peeps trying to get one over on SSC after this fiasco. If you can do it, more power to you. The least they could do is let you keep the bad piece without smashing it. Especially after offering only a $20 discount. I personally would have returned the statue. However, I must say your solution to the problem looks pretty damn good.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have any problems with peeps trying to get one over on SSC after this fiasco. If you can do it, more power to you. The least they could do is let you keep the bad piece without smashing it. Especially after offering only a $20 discount. I personally would have returned the statue. However, I must say your solution to the problem looks pretty damn good.

Thanks, the cracks in mine were minor and were a very easy fix. As was the magnet problem. But we shouldn't have to do this with a $400+
statue. But it is what it is and I love the sculpt and the fact it had a classic portrait. Sideshow should stand behind their products and lately they have done a poor job of doing so. 20 bucks is an insult...and the worst part is they know it....and don't care.

Last edited:
Thanks, the cracks in mine were minor and were a very easy fix. As was the magnet problem. But we shouldn't have to do this with a $400+
statue. But it is what it is and I love the sculpt and the fact it had a classic portrait. Sideshow should stand behind their products and lately they have done a poor job of doing so. 20 bucks is an insult...and the worst part is they know it....and don't care.

You're Welcome!

:goodpost: I mean SS can do much better to all the fans who paid a premium for this and many other statues. SS customer service is going way down as prices continue to climb. It's not a great help to us collectors who spend so much money for them. If this gets out of hand I'm going to have to quit this hobbie. It all depends on how SS handles things in the future on qc and damage items. They need to come on here to explain to us why certain things happen and what they can do for us. I just don't like how when there is a massive QC issue that is cleary out there with multiple collectors having the same issues. I mean SS could at least say something? I'm guessing it's the don't say so less will know thing going on. SS I'm not trying to just bash you for fun. It's just something that should be done as a huge company like yours with such high price items. Other companies that's so much smaller like pcs has superb CS. I mean if a tiny company can do it. I'm sure you can too when you sell like 500 times more then they do. So maybe so done at SS might listen?

Last edited:
Back