Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly $20 refund is insulting for a $400+ statue, they should at least offer 20% for a defective product to even consider keeping it. If I was in california, I'd request the tax I paid to be taken out along with an $80 refund.

cm-44950-050f661881e7de.gif

But seriously that's pretty ****ed up to say a broken product is normal and offer a measly $20 credit. Though atleast a full refund is applicable

wow. just wow.

Well seeing as how most of us have already had our fill of March purcahses, returning one isn't such a bad thing right? right??

Non-cracked Rhino just hit the lottery. Although, I have yet to see anyone's close up photos of the problem areas be crack free so not even sure one exists. Got the same message from Sideshow as well.

I can picture Daniel's job pretty much like this every time I see that he's handling my return/replacement request...

leavesideshowalone.jpg

I feel sorry for the guy, but it seems like every time I get an email from him it's nothing but bad news.

Honestly I think those cracks could be filled by epoxy putty and you'd have it stronger than ever, just scrape in the lines to match the surrounding areas with a toothpick before it dries and you can paint over with some acrylic paint. Should be a $10 job. The advantage is epoxy putty dries in the same color as the statue!

To be honest, the cracks ive seen havent been bad. They shouldnt be there, but they arent that bad.

If I were you, Id be looking for more than $20. The cost of putting it back in their inventory and losing the profit made from your sale far exceeds the $20 coupon youd be getting. They shouldnt really be holding a strong profit on the sale of a defective product.

If that's what they're saying, and that's what they're standing by, they should post something on their official website, and facebook to remedy the situation. That includes photos of every single replacement cast they have lined up, and include a lifetime return guarantee if the cracks do end up getting bigger.

Checked mine over as thorough as possible and can't see any cracks.

How obvious are the ones that people have?

Cos there is so much wrinkles and folds it's hard to tell if something is a small crack or just a deep fold.

The only complaint i have over this is when i pick it up it feels cheap.

Some on mine are big enough to pass coins through.

Just got a e-mail from ss returns saying the cracks are normal and they offered me a $20 credit. :gah:

That's some bull****.

Honestly $20 refund is insulting for a $400+ statue, they should at least offer 20% for a defective product to even consider keeping it. If I was in california, I'd request the tax I paid to be taken out along with an $80 refund.

If the product is defective, the refund should be nothing less than 100%. If my replacement comes with flaws it will be going back.

Yeah 20.00 for a 400.00 plus statue? I know many could have came out with flaws because of the way this one was made. If he was like skaar and not hollow we would not have the cracks or air holes. So since many got a flaw version then this email says it's not thier fault? But shouldn't we have gotten a premium undamage /or as they say flaws that was there caused by the factory, when this was produce. this is not really right. I know sometimes we ask for a lot. But this time we did nothing wrong but buy the premium statue that was promised. I do like this statue but a 20.00 refund is a joke. If they offer at least 50.00 like for a damage skaar it would still be reasonable. 20.00 is really a slap in the face to the buyer. I'm going to have to think about it. Still waiting for SS to reply on the reg head with almost no magnet to even hold it in. This sucks with higher prices, less quality, and even less money back for damage high statues.

To be fair, I don't think the cracks are caused by the statue being hollow because it doesn't go all the way through the polystone. It occurs on the outside and may be more of a byproduct of all the sculpted skin texturing more than anything.

To be fair, I don't think the cracks are caused by the statue being hollow because it doesn't go all the way through the polystone. It occurs on the outside and may be more of a byproduct of all the sculpted skin texturing more than anything.

That's probably true, but an already cracked eggshell is just harder to take care of.

Non-cracked Rhino just hit the lottery. Although, I have yet to see anyone's close up photos of the problem areas be crack free so not even sure one exists. Got the same message from Sideshow as well.

Mine is crack free. Who the F takes pics of a non issue? This is a very nice piece. Sorry if you got a bad one...but it happens no matter how much you spend on a statue. Rhino is a winner.

Back