Sideshow Rewards Program

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Oh, don't you see it so pessimistic old chaps! Think of the fantastic figure you are about to get! If it eases you pain: non-attendees have to pay a higher price for the SDCC exclusives. That's our punishment.

I can't wait for Jabba, Alice! I'm not bellyaching or pessimistic here. If I get no points... oh well! I'll live. Just mentioning the situation... in hopes maybe the SSC folks were feeling generous this Thanksgiving season :chew :chew :chew

this is going to sound funny... the least amount of points i see you guys mentioning is 0... guess how much i've got?

-2! yes negative 2! :duh

now in the faq:

Q: If I cancel a pre-order, will my Sideshow Rewards be taken away?
A: Yes

i thought that meant points for the product. so 60 points for a $60 figure cancelled will be taken away. i don't think that means minus 1 point for every pre-order cancelled? cos i recently cancelled 2 pre-orders. :confused: :confused:

my boromir ordered after the cut off date isn't showing any pending points either. and... i got 5 items during spook got them combined into an order and for some reason that combined order only showed 2 of them although all were shipped. i didn't think much of it since it's just admin stuff. but then only those 2 in the order had pending points with the other 3 missing. :monkey2

noelleon69 said:
this is going to sound funny... the least amount of points i see you guys mentioning is 0... guess how much i've got?

now in the faq:

i thought that meant points for the product. so 60 points for a $60 figure cancelled will be taken away. i don't think that means minus 1 point for every pre-order cancelled? cos i recently cancelled 2 pre-orders. :confused: :confused:

my boromir ordered after the cut off date isn't showing any pending points either. and... i got 5 items during spook got them combined into an order and for some reason that combined order only showed 2 of them although all were shipped. i didn't think much of it since it's just admin stuff. but then only those 2 in the order had pending points with the other 3 missing. :monkey2

How is it possible to have negative points??? If you cancel an order and lose the pending points, it should be the same amount of points that were pending which would equal zero!! There should be no way to go negative... :confused:

lcummins said:
How is it possible to have negative points??? If you cancel an order and lose the pending points, it should be the same amount of points that were pending which would equal zero!! There should be no way to go negative... :confused:

exactly that was what i was thinking lonnie. very likely to be a bug. and of all people it happened on me :rolleyes: either that or there's something else about the rewards program that we don't know about.

available points: 140
pending points: 1150

The only pending preorders that don't count are the John Wayne PF, Frodo PF, or the SDCC items. The majority of my preorders are going to get me some reward points. (Not my free Luke & Yoda PF, but you're not going to catch me complaining about that!)

jlcmsu said:
All those PF help huh? :lol

They don't hurt!

I had my fingers crossed that the five Star Wars PFs that I paid for this year would have somehow made the cut, but it wasn't meant to be. I was honestly surprised that Lurtz, which only shipped last month, didn't get me any points. However, they had to start somewhere and I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. (They could have started me with nothing, after all!) I am glad that the program is finally up and running and I look forward to earning lots of points in the future.

noelleon69 said:

now in the faq:

my boromir ordered after the cut off date isn't showing any pending points either. ...
noelleon69 said:
...very likely to be a bug. and of all people it happened on me :rolleyes: either that or there's something else about the rewards program that we don't know about.
Guess what? I just checked my account and saw that ... 2 points are missing! Yesterday I had 100 points, today only 98. I don't know, but there's a strange similarity here, don't you find? Anybody else missing exactly 2 points today?

noelleon69 said:
... and... i got 5 items during spook got them combined into an order and for some reason that combined order only showed 2 of them although all were shipped. i didn't think much of it since it's just admin stuff. but then only those 2 in the order had pending points with the other 3 missing. :monkey2
Well, perhaps that is because you also loose reward points for ostensible canceled items: items cancelled by the SSC CS in order to combine them. That's what happened to me anyway.

i'll forgive sideshow for taking away 2 points from me that were never there in the first place if they sent me the golden giftcard :monkey5

Alice i get what you mean but if that's the case then i should be only getting points from 1 of the 5 and not 2. because they were all originally 5 separate orders with an item each. after combining, it became 1 order with 2 of the 5 items in it. so it doesnt really make any sense.

None of the orders I placed in may are listed, the first listed is Maul and he's the middle of June.

I should have

SDCC Twisted Rabbit (didn't get points though I ordered in May)

Luke/Yoda PF

Boromir 12"

I would really like that Luke/Yoda PF to be covered since it's 350 points.

I also have Boromir missing from my pending points. But I PM'd Dusty and even she thought that was odd, so she forwarded my info on to whomever sorts this stuff out. Perhaps its just an oversight. Or perhaps LOTR points just move as slowly as that line. :D (cheap shot, I know)

Wor-Gar said:
I also have Boromir missing from my pending points. But I PM'd Dusty and even she thought that was odd, so she forwarded my info on to whomever sorts this stuff out. Perhaps its just an oversight. Or perhaps LOTR points just move as slowly as that line. :D (cheap shot, I know)

I also had 3 or 4 orders from May that didn't show up... must be an incorrect entry for the start date in the database somewhere... :confused:

For everyone trying to figure out how to "spend" your reward points, you should listen to Dusty and save your points up. The way to maximize your point usage while minimizing your lost "new" points is to always pay for an item completely with points. For example, if you had 2000 points worth $100, if you bought two 12" figures at $50 each, or one item at $100 (or any combination totaling $100) you only lose $100 in points, but if you apply that $100 toward a higher priced item, you would lose the higher amount of points. Use that $100 on a life-size bust costing $500 thinking it would be nice to only pay $400 and you just gave away 500 new points instead of 100. You will always lose an equal amount of new points to the points you are spending, so save your points and always completely pay for that item! Hope this helps some wondering how to use their points... :chew

And, as a point of reference, each point is like getting a 5% discount (1/20 of $1), so continue to buy your exclusives from Sideshow and earn points, but also continue to buy the items you can get from your favorite retailer where you normally get 15% off and earn three times as much! Think about it!!!

Back