Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

attachment.php

Those who bought the first ones did read the description and did not get what was promised.

I got 3 framed, PG unframed coming soon and hopefully SG unframed. Then that's it, no more for me. I hope if we do intend to sell these in the future they will at least retain the value to the exact penny of what we paid for them.

I got 3 framed, PG unframed coming soon and hopefully SG unframed. Then that's it, no more for me. I hope if we do intend to sell these in the future they will at least retain the value to the exact penny of what we paid for them.

Don't forget transaction fees and shipping fees.

Who the hell's going to buy these overpriced frames now? It just makes it harder to get a real signature on them.

Who the hell's going to buy these overpriced frames now? It just makes it harder to get a real signature on them.

That's not a problem. You can take it to any framing place and they will remove it with no damage to the print and just replace that brown paper backing. It's not worth much to replace.

attachment.php

Those who bought the first ones did read the description and did not get what was promised.

Exactly. I'll be emailing sideshow about this. I want a partial refund for the 20+ prints I have purchased. This is against the law to false advertise and purposely mislead customers.

It said "authorized" on the actual order pages which means it's not the real thing

No it doesn't. I could mean they authorized the artist to sign it. Or approval for him or her to sign it not necessarily just permission to print a digital sig. Besides, when its printed 3 different ways 3 different places that's a problem you can't ignore.

Exactly. I'll be emailing sideshow about this. I want a partial refund for the 20+ prints I have purchased. This is against the law to false advertise and purposely mislead customers.

20+ prints you have purchased??? You must have gotten all of them since they debuted. Were they all framed? That's like buying 20+ PFs.

20+ prints you have purchased??? You must have gotten all of them since they debuted. Were they all framed? That's like buying 20+ PFs.

Yes ..10 framed and 10 unframed with 2 more on pre order.. likely gonna be cancelling those ones.

It's funny to me how interpretation plays out in a case like this. I was a sports memorabilia collector for most of my life and believe me it's clear as day as to what is a facsimile autograph and what is genuine. Even if a baseball says "authorized" I know it's just a copy, plain and simple. When SS put "authorized penciled signature" that could mean autopen, but throwing in penciled didn't help.

And now that the evidence posted about stating that they were in fact "penciled artist's signature" in the beginning, that is 100% interpreted as being authentic hand signed. I don't care what planet you're on but if you show that to 100 people, 100 people are going to think the same thing in that case.

I would like to know why Sideshow would do this and have them explain it to us. Why not have the prints actually signed? Did they really save that much money going digital? Instead of doing it the right way and making a true primium print, they chose the cheap route and now these prints will forever have an asterisks next to them. That puns for all the sports memorabilia fans.

Yeah, that is pretty blatant false advertising. Everything worded there absolutely states these signatures should be real in art world terms. There is no maybe or could mean. Sideshow changed everything as a CYA move, not a "clear it up for the folks" effort. I'm certainly not advocating this and think it would be ridiculous , but there are grounds for civil suit based on this and Sideshow should have known better.

If that was the original description then what they did was accurate, as each print did have a pencilled artist signature. This is not the product description but an announcement. What did the original description on the product say (before it was changed)?

Yes ..10 framed and 10 unframed with 2 more on pre order.. likely gonna be cancelling those ones.

If 1 of the 2 on pre-order is Power Girl, don't cancel that 1, cause it's so nice. Do what I'm gonna do. When I go visit LA, I will take a trip to SSC and have Artgerm sign them in person for me. I don't think he will mind. Or :gah:

SS not gonna do anything so those still pushing to get credit back stop wasting your time. Even if they receive couple cancellations and some who won't purchase from them anymore, Artgerm prints will continue to SELL out at whatever price SS puts.

Back