Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

I wish this was a "bad dream" about the prints, cause these could've been priceless possessions.

They definitely would have carried more value to them and would have meant more to collectors than they are now, that's for sure. Anyone who collects artwork knows that reproduction sigs mean nothing. And the fact that Sideshow is charging $100 for repro sigs is highway robbery. I know a lot of folks are attached to the artwork, because much of it is nice. But if I would have invested thousands like some have had, I'd be getting the full refund on my purchases and washing my hands of the situation, and buying my artwork elsewhere. Plenty of other options out there. I never bought any of these prints, and in light of what has happened I'm not going to start now.

What SS did was pretty shady and I am disappointed but I already have them hanging on my walls and I do like the artwork... I only bought 4 of them and I don't plan on buying anymore after this, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to return them when I don't have the original packaging anymore.

What SS did was pretty shady and I am disappointed but I already have them hanging on my walls and I do like the artwork... I only bought 4 of them and I don't plan on buying anymore after this, but I don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to return them when I don't have the original packaging anymore.

Definitely would need them big picture frame boxes to send it, but maybe at Michaels they would have used boxes they throw out.

Got to say that I have respect for Sideshow for providing full refunds plus covering shipping fees. They are trying to fix this mess and I will remain their customer, but still no more prints for me. Pretty good customer service. Responded in less than a day's time.

Please can someone confirm exactly which prints are affected by this mess?

I've only just caught up on what's going on and a little unhappy.

Are Sideshow contacting us OR do we have to contact them?

Wow, I went over to SF and read how this all began. It's like an avalanche that started slowly and then built and built into a frenzy. Damn Pandora's box. Does anyone else miss the days of talking about the next print coming out, showing off ones that just arrived, or discussing the dolt who paid too much on ebay (who was probably me). I was excited to post pictures of my recently custom framed Psylocke, Daredevil, and Catwoman. They look great and better than SS's but does anyone care anymore? I'm not sure I do.

10% credit? Big whoop. I bought five prints second hand and at a premium so I'm *******d. No way I'm sending any back since I have them hanging gorgeously in my newly finished basement. It looks like an art gallery, except now every time I stare at my walls I get to remind myself that I basically have overpriced posters hanging on my walls rather than art. Sucker! Now that Sideshow is in full damage control, do you think things will ever get back to "normal" where we anxioulsy await the next set of breasts, I mean prints, coming out? Why Sideshow, why?

Prints pretty much are overpriced posters though. I mean it's replicated art, it's not the real deal unless it's remarked in some fashion by the artist, brushstrokes or even art added to the print.

Please can someone confirm exactly which prints are affected by this mess?

I've only just caught up on what's going on and a little unhappy.

Are Sideshow contacting us OR do we have to contact them?

All of them and you need to contact them.

Prints pretty much are overpriced posters though. I mean it's replicated art, it's not the real deal unless it's remarked in some fashion by the artist, brushstrokes or even art added to the print.

Indeed. I will say at the very least this educated me on other stuff like Mondo and in my curiosity searching I found 2 artists work I love. I cant wait till NYCC this year to browse artist alley.

Yes and no, to me it's not that simplistic. There are many levels in the art world that separate the rarity and value of pieces. Of course there are originals, then fine limited edition prints, open ended prints, posters, sketches, etc. etc. My point was I thought I had something rare and special hanging on my walls. I've had friends and colleagues over and informed them they were limited edition signed prints which is a lot more impressive than posters.

Got to say that I have respect for Sideshow for providing full refunds plus covering shipping fees. They are trying to fix this mess and I will remain their customer, but still no more prints for me. Pretty good customer service. Responded in less than a day's time.

I can only half agree with this. The right thing would be for SS to contact each and every single person who bought one of these to advise them of the credit/refund option.

Wow, this has been an interesting read. I never once thought they were actually signed but of course I never read the descriptions that closely since I wasn't buying them anyway. As a collector I would much rather just have it blank than have a fake sig.. why even bother to put it on if its not real. SS dropped the ball on this one.

Yes and no, to me it's not that simplistic. There are many levels in the art world that separate the rarity and value of pieces. Of course there are originals, then fine limited edition prints, open ended prints, posters, sketches, etc. etc. My point was I thought I had something rare and special hanging on my walls. I've had friends and colleagues over and informed them they were limited edition signed prints which is a lot more impressive than posters.
I get what you are saying but I came to terms a long time ago that prints and giclees are basically limited posters on nicer paper or even possibly canvas with better inks.

I know it'd be a pain but if I were you I'd return them all and take the money to the next good convention and buy sketches from artists of the characters you wanted and frame those. Hell you might even save some money doing it.

I can see SS get bombarded for refunds by 1000s of customers but in the end they will figure a way to recover their huge money losses. And ultimately we'll still pay for this huge mess they created. Be prepared for no more $430 or $480 PFs. We'll start seeing everything up in price like in the $600 range or more. Something like this could bankrupt them if they don't have a plan to stay afloat in this business.

Indeed. I will say at the very least this educated me on other stuff like Mondo and in my curiosity searching I found 2 artists work I love. I cant wait till NYCC this year to browse artist alley.

I'm going to FanExpo in Canada next weekend! Going through Artist Alley is actually my favourite thing to do at these conventions now! I've got a few favourite artists that I like to buy from, and I pick up some new and interesting pieces every year. I'll do a search and try and find it so I can show you guys here, but earlier this year at a smaller Con in Toronto, I found an awesome Godzilla attacking Metropolis picture! Loved it and actually went back in to buy it after I was about to leave (this was after I'd already bought half a dozen prints! Only so much room! :lol)

Ah, here it is! It's 11x17 or 12x18 in person -- not sure of the artist:

il_570xN.748055978_qqie.jpg

J. Scott Campbell is there this year, and I'm stoked! He's one of my favs, and while I don't think I can afford one of his sketches, I'm eager to buy a handful of prints, and likely his books as well. I mean, gotta get'm while they're available in Canadian prices! :lol

I can see SS get bombarded for refunds by 1000s of customers but in the end they will figure a way to recover their huge money losses. And ultimately we'll still pay for this huge mess they created. Be prepared for no more $430 or $480 PFs. We'll start seeing everything up in price like in the $600 range or more. Something like this could bankrupt them if they don't have a plan to stay afloat in this business.

I think you're overestimating the amount of people who care that they're actually signed, or will actually find out that they're not. The percentage of Sideshow customers that are in these forums are minuscule. Sideshow won't raise prices of PFs to recover from this any more than they would have raised them anyway, and they DEFINITELY won't go near bankrupt from something as minor as this. They give away tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise a year, so while they're taking it on the chin in this instance, it won't hurt them -- or us as customers -- in any overall picture.

I'm going to FanExpo in Canada next weekend! Going through Artist Alley is actually my favourite thing to do at these conventions now! I've got a few favourite artists that I like to buy from, and I pick up some new and interesting pieces every year. I'll do a search and try and find it so I can show you guys here, but earlier this year at a smaller Con in Toronto, I found an awesome Godzilla attacking Metropolis picture! Loved it and actually went back in to buy it after I was about to leave (this was after I'd already bought half a dozen prints! Only so much room! :lol)

Ah, here it is! It's 11x17 or 12x18 in person -- not sure of the artist:

il_570xN.748055978_qqie.jpg

J. Scott Campbell is there this year, and I'm stoked! He's one of my favs, and while I don't think I can afford one of his sketches, I'm eager to buy a handful of prints, and likely his books as well. I mean, gotta get'm while they're available in Canadian prices! :lol

That is awesome!! Last year I when browsing I only picked up 3 things in artist alley but my goal was to get Steve Mcniven to sign my Cap civil war variant and Kevin Conroy to sign my batman animated series box set. I only go one day and I don't want to carry to much. This year I am thinking of bringing a portfolio with me and filling it up haha. I hope you can get a sketch and some cool stuff while its in your currency !

Does anybody know how to request the refund or the 10% credit? Do we need to fill out the refund/replacement form or write an email to customer service?

I emailed customer service by clicking their "General Inquiries" on their website. I explained that I thought the signatures were individually done by the artists and asked if I could get a refund. They responded quickly and professionally. I think other people called.

I emailed customer service by clicking their "General Inquiries" on their website. They responded quickly and professionally. I think other people called.

Thanks. That's what I did today I wrote an email to customer service under general inquiries so hopefully they'll contact me tomorrow. I'm only asking for refunds on 2 and the other 2 I'll keep and get the 10% credit. They're already hanging and I still like them.

Back