Sideshow Predator Maquette vs The Cinemquette Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Tuggernaut

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title states (sort of).
Which one do you prefer, and would rather buy? And why?
I'm bored, and I'd like to see what people think

I prefer the CM Pred. Bigger, great paintjob, much better base, and it would stand out more.
But, there are some aspects of the SS Pred which are better. Like the face sculpt.
These are all opinions, so don't get all pissy if you don't like what others say.

I prefer the CM Pred. Bigger, great paintjob, much better base, and it would stand out more.

Copy pasted but it was exactly what I was thinking. And I like the post a lot more too.

I consider the SS Maquette of the Predator to be my holy grail, it's the only 1/4 scale statue that eludes me. The fact that it is the same scale as the other PF/Maquette statues I have is pretty much the only reason why I want it more than the CM.
That doesn't mean I don't crave the CM Predator as well, it looks to be an awesome piece. Geez, if I had enough money I'd by 'em both, and to anyone out there who has them both...you lucky bastard!:D

the cm predator is obviously alot better in quality so i voted for that one. but the sideshow one is also a good representation of p1 and at half the price.

there both awesome :banana:banana:banana:banana

I think that these are both outstanding statues and unfortunately I own
nither. IMO the CM pred is the better of the two and the sheer size of this thing
is insane. The sideshow pred was my grail but now it's the CM, the only thing holding
me back is the price tag on that puppy. Congrats to those who own one.

Hia :)

I own the both of them and i have to say CM all the way.
Its simply a more impressive kit both in the quality and the size of it.

That said the SS maquette is a outstanding kit thats beutifully crafted and painted

Jimmy

You can't really compare the 2 because of there pricepoints. The CM SHOULD be bigger and better for being 1K more than the SS maquette. Personally, I like the SS maquette as it came from SWS.

Last edited:
Nothing can compare to CM Predator. Here the scans for you.

CMPR11.jpg

CMPR3.jpg

CMPR10.jpg

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

To me it's not really a 100% apples to apples comparison because of the cost. I have the SS Predator and absolutely LOVE IT! I saw the CM Predator at SDCC'07 and it's absolutely gorgeous. But the Sideshow version (non-exclusive) is about half the price currently. Although the exclusive is closer in price to the Cinamaquette version it's still cheaper but does have the helmet with the light up laser site which is very cool. In the end, if you had the three different versions in your hand and told me I can have any of the three I wanted, I would pick the CM version. Mainly because of the larger scale and because you can see the Predators face and the mask is in the display as well.

CM Predator is better but all I can afford is the SS Predator which should be in my hands next Wednesday :)

I've always preffered the sideshow version but I've seen it in person and I haven't seen the cm. I will do soon though since I have one coming which hopefully wont be damaged.
I will have to make up my mind then.

I think collectibles of this standard can't really be decided on unless there seen in person in the right lighting.
You have to remember too that the sideshow one is more accurate so it depends what floats your boat.

Back