Sideshow Predator 1 Bust : Need some help here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
77256062.jpg

defin lighter than the CM by loads.

Looking at the paint job, its defin legit. the recasts have crappy paint jobs esp on the forehead.

rest easy :D

On the off chance someone is looking to get rid of a damaged piece, I would love to take it of your hands and try my hand at repairing/refurbishing it. Box or original packaging material is not important nor is the condition of the paint. I know it’s a long shot, but I figured it can’t hurt to ask._

Currently I am looking here and eBay. Can anyone think of other places to expand my search?

I would also appreciate any advice on what you think a damaged piece is worth in today's market. I know it would depend on the damage and the placement of that damage but any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Riky, I think finding a damaged one would be harder to find than a mint
one. If you really love the bust and want it in your collection just
spend the money and get a good one. I know they sell for a bomb these days but trust me this bust is phenominal and worth every dollar.
Good luck.

On the off chance someone is looking to get rid of a damaged piece, I would love to take it of your hands and try my hand at repairing/refurbishing it. Box or original packaging material is not important nor is the condition of the paint. I know it’s a long shot, but I figured it can’t hurt to ask._

Currently I am looking here and eBay. Can anyone think of other places to expand my search?

I would also appreciate any advice on what you think a damaged piece is worth in today's market. I know it would depend on the damage and the placement of that damage but any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Start a thread in the WTB section. A fellow freak helped me get mine :lecture

Thank you both :)
Any advice / thoughts on what a realistic price is in today's market on both a mint or damaged piece?

Thanks

If you have some modeling and painting skills, you can always look into getting a 1:1 predator head in kit format and build your own bust that way. A resin cast from the original movie mold can be had for around $200 - $300 unpainted, and bambooie foam dreads and beads will cost you another $200 or so. That works for many people who wants a 1:1 predator head without forking out $1k +, pretty good alternative if you ask me.

good deal, spend another $600 to get it repainted, and it will look much better than the factory paint job, and you would still come out less than what a mint one goes for.

If you have some modeling and painting skills, you can always look into getting a 1:1 predator head in kit format and build your own bust that way. A resin cast from the original movie mold can be had for around $200 - $300 unpainted, and bambooie foam dreads and beads will cost you another $200 or so. That works for many people who wants a 1:1 predator head without forking out $1k +, pretty good alternative if you ask me.

wich head from the original mold are you refering to mate ?

wich head from the original mold are you refering to mate ?

This one, available through deluted concept:

predddd146.jpg

The head is taken from the Morris cast of the screen used P1 head, and I believe the mouth is cast from the Sideshow 1:1 bust if I'm not mistaken. (The original Morris cast didn't have an accurate mouth)

---

Last edited:
This one, available through deluted concept:

predddd146.jpg

The head is taken from the Morris cast of the screen used P1 head, and I believe the mouth is cast from the Sideshow 1:1 bust if I'm not mistaken. (The original Morris cast didn't have an accurate mouth)

---

thats the same head as the one i have just painted

5542968799_90015a69db_b.jpg

but juan only made a few of these and i know that me stag and 2 others were offerd one each stag sold his to another board member i belive.
As far as i know this exactly head is not being made any more

Your pattern paint job looks great man.

I personally bought two from Juan, one was pre-painted and another un-painted, I bought them at different times, maybe I just got lucky... I think he experiments with casting in different materials, just curious, what is yours made of? Mine is fiberglass reinforced resin, it's kind of thin and really light weight. I would like to see one cast in poly-resin like you would normally see from companies like Sideshow.

Your pattern paint job looks great man.

I personally bought two from Juan, one was pre-painted and another un-painted, I bought them at different times, maybe I just got lucky... I think he experiments with casting in different materials, just curious, what is yours made of? Mine is fiberglass reinforced resin, it's kind of thin and really light weight. I would like to see one cast in poly-resin like you would normally see from companies like Sideshow.

thx mate

well then juan made a few more than he prommised hehe

I belive that mine i made of the same that yours are mine is not that thin though.

I don't usually ask questions like this, but what do you guys think a mint SS P1 bust without boxes is worth?

I don't usually ask questions like this, but what do you guys think a mint SS P1 bust without boxes is worth?

really tough question. This baby has been skyrocketing in value as of late, but MINT is a huge word.

one with the box and shipper sold on 5/17/2011 for $3850.00+$150 for WORLDWIDE shipping.
https://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120723052954+

There is another current auction on ebay right NOW...2 days left and it's @ $3,800+$55 shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Predator-1...ultDomain_0&hash=item336b4c4259#ht_1128wt_120

No box is a huge deal with this piece because there are so many fragile pieces...the quills, the bone necklace, jaw/mandibles...the box is a pretty big deal especially if it's gonna be shipped. Local pickup is another story...I'd say it's worth somewhere inbetween the original retail $900.00 no more than 1/2 the current market value $1900.00

Last edited:
It would be a local pick up piece, but in saying that, if I had to sale it, I would prolly be lucky to get what I spend on it ya know. I was thinking $1500 on it :dunno. Anyone disagree?

Juan is actually building a lifesize piece for me presently. I'm glad to see other board members have dealt with him. So far, he's been really professional.

Yup, disagree. These are going for way more the 1500 lately. Make custom inserts and find a box to ship it securely. If you need me to I can send you pics of what the packing material looks like. The buyer of the auction above did not pay an extra 2500 for a box.

Back