Sideshow PLEASE get moving on Hobbit PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want some new Middle Earth PFs because it's awfully hard to track down some of the older ones. I'm looking for Aragorn and Legolas right now with little luck. It's sad. This line shouldn't be dying out! :ohbfrank:

Thorin on his throne would have been amaaaazing.

Gandalf the Grey is a tough one to find too and expensive when you do find him. I lost an Ebay auction the other day for the exclusive which was used and went for over $700. Older ones like Frodo could use a redo to get a better likeness but Sideshow doesn't seem to want to do more Middle-Earth, for some reason. I hope Weta does PF scale in the future.

Yes, there seems to be a market for Middle-Earth still out there. It may not be a as big as it was back in the Lord of the Rings heyday but it still seems to be a sizeable one. Look at how successful Weta has been, even a character as divisive as Tauriel has completely sold out and the very obscure Thoror appears to be selling well too. Very strange to not even release a single thing from The Hobbit movies. I really don't know what their thinking is.

Though not from The Hobbit, I think we'll be seeing a Lurtz statue as the next ME piece. He was shown on that preview sketch put up a few years ago, and they're still announcing collectibles that were shown on it. The Alien Space Jockey Maquette is the latest.

UPCOMINGS523487_n1.jpg

There's no more Middle-earth pieces coming from SS ever. It is my understanding they've moved on.

That Lurtz concept was meant for the Maquette line. You know, back when they promised a complete fellowship.

I thought it was only confirmed that the Hobbit license was not going to be used(which is a huge mistake). As for the rest who knows.

I think its safe to trust me. Unless something changes I am 99.99% certain they've moved on entirely after Saruman.

I have a hard time imagining Sideshow stating the actual reason: not enough $$$.

Expect the same deafening silence like the Maquette line (and bust line for that matter).

Josh is right - here's what you'll see from SS for the next 10 years:

ss.jpg

SS will play it safe and with new SW movies, ongoing Marvel and DC movies they got cash cows they can milk for many years

it's prolly a good thing they finally dropped a license, they have too many as it is. I have my fav trio, so I'm good with the franchise. At some point, Weta will prolly make larger pieces.

Never really thought about this in terms of brand competition, but thinking back it seems clear that we LOTR collectors should not have applauded SS acquiring the Marvel and DC licenses.

Back