SideShow life time warranty ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay I purchased a Video card back in 2007 from EVGA,the card fried emailed the company got my RMA and received my replacement.No questions asked.Also the replacement has a life time warranty.

We all know electronics sooner or later will go bad,still EVGA gives you "LIFE TIME WARRANTY" on all products.

Just wondering why SideShow would not do the same,against paint flaking/bubbling,light feature going bad etc...

If they stand behind their products 100% why not ?

For one--they probably wouldn't have anything to replace it with after a little while--even within a year they can go through all their inventory of an item and extra parts which means they can't do anything at all except give store credit.

But also--how can they trust anyone? For this stuff you could say it was flaking but what if you had left it out in the sun for hours? How are they supposed to know?

For one--they probably wouldn't have anything to replace it with after a little while--even within a year they can go through all their inventory of an item and extra parts which means they can't do anything at all except give store credit.

But also--how can they trust anyone? For this stuff you could say it was flaking but what if you had left it out in the sun for hours? How are they supposed to know?

Sun will fade colors.

"For one--they probably wouldn't have anything to replace it with after a little while--even within a year they can go through all their inventory of an item and extra parts which means they can't do anything at all except give store credit."

This is the answer. You cannot replace something that sells on a limited run. They cant just magically remake a item that has sold out.

"For one--they probably wouldn't have anything to replace it with after a little while--even within a year they can go through all their inventory of an item and extra parts which means they can't do anything at all except give store credit."

This is the answer. You cannot replace something that sells on a limited run. They cant just magically remake a item that has sold out.

Not even if you're Greg Anzalone's family member ? :naughty

why webb even allowed here anymore is a mystery. all he does is create threads to slam sideshow or make some ludicrous statement about what they should or shouldn't do.

Paint fading, getting dusty or just aging is one story.

BUT, paint cracking, bubbling and flaking off is ANOTHER STORY.I think this is a good idea for products like the Iron Man 1:1 bust that is a FLAWED piece, and Bowen's Chrome Colossus (for example). If someone purchases a piece that is seriously flawed like cracked paint or paint flaking off over time, they should take care of their consumers, by store credit, or refunding the purchase price, if they cannot fix the problem.

LOL Life Time Warranty. Hell you buy a car for alot more money but name one company which will give you a lifetime warranty. Come on people lets get real.

I thought for things like the 1:1 IM bust paint flakes and soforth, they were offering service/refunds past the 90 days. Am I wrong?

why webb even allowed here anymore is a mystery. all he does is create threads to slam sideshow or make some ludicrous statement about what they should or shouldn't do.

6j2iz4.jpg

warantees aren't free. the company has to pay for the fixes/replacements somehow. hello higher prices on everything!

I agree a Lifetime warranty would never work, or make sense.

People tend to take advantage of warranties/insurance, however I would like to see some sort of protection for buyers on notoriously Flawed items (example: IM 1:1 bust)

a Sideshow LEMON policy

I think they should also send out a rep to open and set up my SS statue and adjust the lighting ... :monkey1

I have a problem with the electronics for the Premium Format Obi-Wan Kenobi.

When plugged into an outlet, the lightsaber lights up. However, when on batteries, it doesnt.

I called Sideshow and they have no help for me. There were a few suggestions about cleaning the metal, new batteries, and inserting aluminum foil but it didnt work.

They said that those bases are made and sealed in a secured, airtight room and that their team doesnt do repairs.

Okay I purchased a Video card back in 2007 from EVGA,the card fried emailed the company got my RMA and received my replacement.No questions asked.Also the replacement has a life time warranty.

We all know electronics sooner or later will go bad,still EVGA gives you "LIFE TIME WARRANTY" on all products.

Just wondering why SideShow would not do the same,against paint flaking/bubbling,light feature going bad etc...

If they stand behind their products 100% why not ?

Back