Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool figure, no any complaints except without the stand very hard to stand on his own for posing. I think i like TIE pilot better
4692D691-BA19-4955-94A9-EDC0324344F8.jpeg

Just got this figure (EX) for a good deal on eBay. Did not expect to be so impressed, what an awesomely well-done figure. The helmet is just insanely good. A bit tempted by the TIE pilot now.

Have him posed up next to the Sandtrooper and they look great together, especially since they both have giant noggins. Except for an Empire Vader I have all the Hoth imperials now, I think -- still not sure about the Snowtrooper commander though.

It looks to be sold out already. The link from my order shows it out of stock and discontinued. They must not have had many, they were limited to 1 per person.

There's one of these available for just over £100 at my local Forbidden Planet (or there was when I was in over the weekend) if anyone in the UK was looking for one.

Just picked one of these guys up at my LHS, and you guys weren't kidding... what a fantastic figure!
It really is beautifully made, from the sculpting of the helmet, to the paint apps and the tailoring, I can't find any flaws. Even the body works perfectly, with no loose or stuck joints.
Great job Sideshow!

I was going through all my Star Wars figures, both Sideshow and Hot Toys.
Some of them are on display others in storage.
I noticed that I didn?t have the AT-AT Driver...anywhere.
I looked in my Sideshow order history and I never ordered him.
So today I looked all over,Amazon,eBay etc all were way too highly priced.
Just by luck I looked at MOAF and they had him for around $198.
I was stoked. The only thing is their shipping prices are a bit steep.
They only offer next day or 2 day delivery and it?s $25.
I said screw it and placed the order. Can?t wait to get him finally!

yeah i never got him either at the time. i bought pieces of him through out until i finally pieced a full figure took awhile to get all the parts but al least i can say i have a full AT-AT driver.

Yeah the helmet sculpt is not as accurate as the SSC TIE pilot's and I'm not a fan of the chunky glove hands but it's got very crisp paint and sculpt detail and feels very quality. I also like how they went with the light grey vs just doing white.

One thing I'd recommend is putting it on a shorter body - he's a bit too tall overall, especially if you display him next to that shorty the HT Snowie.

Have a question regarding the helmet of the AT-AT drivers we see in Empire. Not sure where else to post this but here.

First scenes inside the Veers AT-AT we see two drivers with no markings on their helmets, just as with this figure. But then you get to the scene where Veers targets and destroys the Rebel shield, suddenly the drivers have a red stripe on their helmets, not shown on this or other figures.

Looked up the costuming guide from the 501st, of which says the helmet with red stripe is from the Expanded Universe and not seen in Empire. A statement which is false, since you most definitely see the noticeable red stripe in the final cockpit AT-AT scenes.

1638198642359.png

Timestamps in ESB, if you want to compare the two helmets are as follwing:

White/no stripe:
00:27:15
00:28:07

Red Stripe.
00:33:11
00:33:34

Wonder, has anyone tried to mod their helmet, add a stripe to the back of it, to create some uniqueness to their figure? This is one of the figures that has grown on me over the years, would like to pick it up sometime in the future, don't think HT will ever create this since it's definitely no cash grabber like clones. :)

I never noticed the stripe before.

By the way, I did end up picking up this figure a year or two ago. Excellent figure, all around.

Just as TaliBane mentioned earlier in the thread, a shorter body would be a nice upgrade to the figure, just as it would be for the SS TIE pilot.

If I had a second one, I would have added the stripe to it, thus covering both bases.

Back