Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll tell you a secret: height is not a determining factor in pricing for manifacturing these things.
No ****. The fact that you took my post verbatim and dissected it when I wanted to avoid such confrontation tells me what kind of person you are. But to shut you down, because I think you deserve it, here you go. I gave an ESTIMATE, I didn’t care to be right, but I wrongfully assumed it would end the senseless price debate. Whereas you set out on some crusade to prove me wrong when I was half serious.
Volume and number of parts (<complexity) are determining factors.
Great… then why are you comparing Conan to Hulk, Im sure licensing has to do with cost as well… Since you know, we don’t have all the variables here.. making an estimate and all and how inflation may work in such a scenario.. but I digress.. continue village idiot.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to compare a MARVEL statue to a MARVEL statue? The licenses probably differ in cost you know..
Conan is 27" for Conan's placement with the lifted weapon. Just change Conan's position (which doesn't change the volume and number of parts of the statue) to match Wolverine's positioning in this diorama, and you get a close enough copy of the diorama that you can use as a base.
Remind me again why you thought Conan was a comparable piece and the Hulk Comiquette was NOT?
A3_zpsfryw3ue1.png

Because now that we KNOW the dimensions, my assumption proved to be correct verses whatever tangent you went off on.
Hulk Comiquette = 23.25" H (590.55mm) x 20.5" W (520.7mm) x 16.5" L (419.1mm)
Hulk vs Wolverine = 23" H (584.2mm) x 20" W (508mm) x 18" L (457.2mm
I don’t have to rub it in your face how off Conan is… or how irrelevant but lets continue…
I'd tell you that you are dumb, but you probably are not, you just have no clue. With your logic a 30" stick with half inch of diameter should cost 1500$, just saying.
Awesome! LOL!
Again here is my method and again here is why you are stupid to think this is cheaper than Galactus.
I assume you run a businesss making custom pieces, so maybe you understand production costs, interest rates, the effect of currency depreciation, the yield curve, macroeconomic factors that affect markets. China…

Just to reiterate my logic
“on average prices double every seven years based on comparable pieces”
Hulk Comiquette comparable
$369.99 in 2010 dollars
Canadian dollar traded at parity with USD
72/7 = 10.28% per annum interest rate as an example
2016 pricing = 369.99 * (1.1028^6)
=$665.53
Wow that looks really close to $649.99 except the Canadian dollar and the Euro and Sterling and AUD don’t trade at parity with the USD so you have to adjust in todays “value”
Currency conversion to $840 CDN
Galactus retailed at parity when the USD was worth less than what it is today… so in todays dollars $840 CDN 2016 is greater than $799.99 CDN 2012 (parity).

In a joking manner I hypothetically gave examples on HOW these costs would go up with the inclusion of MORE pieces. Fact is Sideshow didnt include an extra Wolverine... so those high estimates are irrelevant.
Logically if Sideshow included a 1st Appearance Wolverine additional polystone figure costs would’ve went up.
EDIT: no, you guessed 999 and above. Also, Galactus was 799$, so you're still wrong about that too. Lol, wat.
Are you American because if you are then in some ****ed up deflationary manner (since you are comparing larger pieces like Galactus and Conan to this) … yeah its cheaper in nominal dollars. Its not for INTERNATIONAL. I am INTERNATIONAL, I stated that adjustment early on. My number still worked out ironically and I never claimed to be an expert, in absence of the full picture... 665 USD dollars is more accurate than 700 USD.

Conan has more "volume" and you negated interest entirely so it makes you look like a jackass. According to you this market is deflationary.
Thanks for wasting my time and yours.

Holy mother of god, the passive-aggressive sociopath of the boards is back.
Don't tell me you've spent the last days figuring out that post full of nonsense you just made.
Don't know what to say, you really triggered badly. I'll just tell you this: Conan is a comparable example because it has the closest possible structure you'll find in a statue already done. It has a big character with a smaller character attached, plus the base.

Not sure if your psychosis is affecting your sight too, but the very pic you posted shows clearly that except for the height of the base, the rest of the two statues are very comparable in size - size means volume, volume is different than height, just so you know.
And not just that, the structure of it is very similar in how the smaller characters are placed on the bigger one. So it's a much better comparison than Hulk comiquette or Galactus because making a diorama with an action scene that includes multiple characters is a different thing than making a single character, you ignorant pile of dumbassery. It's a different kind of sculpt, a different kind of keying for molding and casting and so on.

So yes, my comparison makes more sense than your blabbering, and if you cared to read I also took into account the more expensive license.
My estimate was much MUCH closer than yours, and that's the end of it. I won't feed your psychotic dementia anymore so you can keep puking nonsense around as much as you want.

*sigh*

I didn't bother reading your **** til now
Psycho. Ever since the Dark Phoenix thread, I don't know what your problem with me is. Are you board certified Psychiatrist?
I mean you keep diagnosing me after the fact you dig up random **** I said, I've NEVER initiated any conversation with you.
I haven't even been on the forums for weeks, only to find your obsession with me pulling up a pricing estimate I made like weeks ago.

665 is still less than 700.

And I still fail to see how a piece made by Gore Group isn't comparable to a piece made by the same artists..

****ing retarded.

I don't respect your intelligence, so get a life and move on.

LMAO, chill you guys. Who cares who got it right or wrong, did you guys even pre-order?

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered

Left this forum for couple weeks, other forum people mad at me for NOT wanting to discuss pricing like a ****in Wall Street analyst only to come here and find that ****** digging up old posts.

I explicitly state I hate pricing discussions and avoid them because at the end of the day no one here knows for sure.

****ing retarded how dumb some people are.

He's been at it since January...

Ignoring him apparently is futile

Im trying to get an Idea in my head how big the hulk will be? I don't live in Cali. so I didn't get to see this thing in person. Is this hulk really going to be as big as the one smashing into the ground with his foot?

hulk Comiquette was massive

Inline with Hulkbuster Comiquette

newne_zpsxmmhbgxf.jpg

I was also looking for a frame of reference and I've seen the Maquette so this works for me and it seems comparable as it's only off by 2 inches and the base that Hulk Maquette was on was pretty thick too (him crushing the ground/pipe).

Hulk Maquette was: 25.5" H (647.7mm) x 17.25" W (438.15mm) x 18" L (457.2mm)

Wolverine Dio is: 23" H (584.2mm) x 20" W (508mm) x 18" L (457.2mm)

Impressive piece no doubt. This piece as their venture back into dioramas reminds me of the spidey vs hulk diorama of way back in the day. Same dynamic big a$$ hulk little spidey fast forward big a$$ hulk little wolvie. Totally a hit and I like it, it's like they're delving into the past. It definitely works. I hope sideshow keeps it up.
As far as price..I thought it was going to be more expensive to be honest. To bad these aren't 2006 prices....

Last edited:
You know whats weird we including myself are EXCITED this thing is $650.00. I remember when I would not pay over $500.00 for any statue how this hobby changes us.

moreorless_zpsh0avypla.jpg

I got mine, I missed Fury of the Beast ... saw it at my LCS looked huge

I had Hulk Comiquette so I guess I know what to expect more or less

And 10 years ago I thought this hobby was expensive :lol .. a few years back I was able to wean myself from being a completionist. I only buy now what I really like and can afford. I've missed out on some gems and have passed on some as well. Way back when I missed out on hulk vs spidey, it sold out before I found sideshow. Got on a waitlist but of course never converted. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I'm sure I will...

And 10 years ago I thought this hobby was expensive :lol .. a few years back I was able to wean myself from being a completionist. I only buy now what I really like and can afford. I've missed out on some gems and have passed on some as well. Way back when I missed out on hulk vs spidey, it sold out before I found sideshow. Got on a waitlist but of course never converted. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I'm sure I will...

Yeah this is a nice statue and its worth the money its just stange...I am also trying to be better about buying only what I can afford.

Hey guys. This should have no problem fitting in a detolf right? I mean as for hight goes. Not sure width[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this is a nice statue and its worth the money its just stange...I am also trying to be better about buying only what I can afford.

The deeper you dig yourself in the harder it is to get out :lol.. you can do it though. The hard part is trying not to order everything that comes out. I certainly don't have the collection I once did but the few pieces that I do have I'm proud to have them. It's a hard hobby to quit but toning down is the perfect compromise. It's a revolving door that's for sure.

Hey guys. This should have no problem fitting in a detolf right? I mean as for hight goes. Not sure width[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the depth is to big at 18 inches. But you never know you might be able to turn it a certain way to get it to fit. Im trying to figure this out as well because I am deciding to get either 13 inches pax system or 22 inch pax system or just get more bestas.

Pretty sure the depth is to big at 18 inches. But you never know you might be able to turn it a certain way to get it to fit. Im trying to figure this out as well because I am deciding to get either 13 inches pax system or 22 inch pax system or just get more bestas.

Get a PAX. Once you do, you won't go back. The depth of a PAX will allow you to display just about any statue you want with ease.

Back